STOMACH VIRUS

ginger

I should mention...I used the CDC guidance for decontamination on my car.. one third of a cup Bleach for one gallon of water.  Actually I used about a quart of Bleach. I thought for sure the upholstery and carpet would be ruined. Surprisingly there was not one blotch and my interior is sparkling clean.  Unfortunately I just read today with Norovirus you are contagious 3 days after symptoms disappear so I guess I'll be doing it again.

I'm totally not watching that 27! :) 

I'm still sick, the glands under my left arm are so swollen they are making my back hurt. I have to say I'm rather suspicious of this virus. One, it's lasting well beyond normal symptomology for an adult. Two, it's not stomach flu season...stomach flu season starts January 1st and usually lasts less than a month.

The only time I've ever had this kind of insensible fluid loss was when I had the HONG KONG FLU back in the early 70's.

I'm kind of torn between waiting this out or taking Tamiflu to see if that will arrest it. 

6 hours ago, thomas said:

They know you've been sick. They'll test you. The nursing homes. 

Sweetheart do you really think I would walk into a nursing home with norovirus? I might have to on Saturday and I will gown up and wear an N95. I'm trying to trade with someone as we speak. This had better be gone or better by 5pm tonight. I'm cooking a corned beef and I'm starving.

Well, aren't these cute...I don't have time for this I'm going on vacation in 9 days...I hope. The last three days I've been craving corned beef even though I'm sick as a dog. I'm also randomly thinking the words St Patrick. Could boiled dinner be the cure for stomach ailments? It's a cured beef after all...HAHA...lol sorry... If it works I'll call the Vatican meself!

https://images.app.goo.gl/Ksesap1BFLD1E4YR7

47 minutes ago, ginger said:

Hey guys, can I borrow some of your Ivermectin? :) 

I think we've come full circle now.

Tractor Supply. Apple flavored. Read the Ivermectin thread. Just set the plunger at 200#. Size will be like toothpaste on your brush. Mix it with yogurt. 2 days in a row to start. Then one more dose in 2 weeks. Can't hurt. And give us an update please.

Zimbabwe Approves Use of Ivermectin to Treat COVID-19

https://www.sowetanlive.co.za/news/africa/2021-06-27-zimbabwe-approves-use-of-ivermectin-to-treat-covid-19/

Two more nursing homes up Albany way locked down for GI symptoms. I'm very impressed with one facility, not contaminated but bleaching everything in sight..Great Job! I hope it works out for them.

Yes I'm still sick but feeling 50% better. I thought I had it kicked...not yet. 

All better. 10 days beginning to end. A little scary when I started considering I may need an antihelmintic but no. I think I should have taken the Tamiflu. It probably would have reduced the severity of the symptoms. On to vacation in 2 days. 

Well, what a way to lose 10 pounds before vacation..I'm surprised they haven't created a tapeworm diet...not that I had tapeworms.

OMG!!! SOMEBODY DID! WHAT KIND OF AN IDIOT WOULD DO THAT?!

https://www.healthline.com/health/diet-and-weight-loss/tapeworm-diet#treatment

• 4 months later...
On 7/5/2021 at 9:46 AM, Michael said:

If you feel the need to come to BCVoice to tell all of us in detail about your stomach virus... the stomach virus is the least of your problems. 

The devil is in the details...not sure if you saw what I posted on another thread but they think the covid is living in your alimentary canal 6 months post exposure and causing cancers and other disease like colitis. 

Once again the availability of BC Voice has been so helpful, not just to me...that I can link the data and time stamp to research staff  is invaluable.

The answers are always within the narrative...once again allow me to remind medical staff to get the narrative..I know it takes time but so necessary.

That being said..I'm not sure if any of you have heard the commercial..cancer researchers are asking cancer patients to share their narratives, reporting outside the confines of doctor patient privacy... that's how important this is.