Bit Coin

ginger

On my way home I had stopped at a Cumberland Farms convenience store for coffee and they have an ATM looking like machine that is specifically to purchase BITCOIN. I don't suppose anyone can tell me about this because I really have no clue. It looks like a slot machine to me. I'd rather play cards.

4 minutes ago, DanCooper said:

Big rabbit hole here. But once you do - I’m hodl’ing.

i have no idea what any of that means..Ben Shapiro advertises for some BITCOIN IRA? If I'm going to gamble, I'd rather play cards.

8 minutes ago, PeteMoss said:

The money you put into Bit Coin is the money you can afford to lose.

Bit Coin is only bits in a computer.  That is why they call it Bit Coin.

So instead of buying a scratch off I should take my chances? Like a roulette wheel or craps?

1 hour ago, ginger said:

So instead of buying a scratch off I should take my chances? Like a roulette wheel or craps?

One BTC is about $62000. You can dabble in it many ways. New last week, two futures ETF’s. That’s currently the cheapest way per share to get in on the action. The commodity is here to stay. Take it from someone who bought at $50.

Edit: This is not financial advice.

1 hour ago, DanCooper said:

One BTC is about $62000. You can dabble in it many ways. New last week, two futures ETF’s. That’s currently the cheapest way per share to get in on the action. The commodity is here to stay. Take it from someone who bought at $50.

Edit: This is not financial advice.

But there are "partial" bit coins that you can buy, right?

I had read not too long ago an interview with Barack Obama and he said one of his daughters cashed out and made some money. Must be nice to have access to trade lines like that. 

19 hours ago, 92CorruptCourtStreet said:

Adam weitsman spent over 30 million on mining machines and is mining or minting as they say 3-4 different Coins and he has it stationed at his owego Scrap center. If you reach out to him he can tell you a few things 

I’m assuming he’s using commercial power, but some people are more creative: I believe El Salvador is using a volcano to power their rigs.

23 hours ago, DanCooper said:

Big rabbit hole here. But once you do - I’m hodl’ing.

I looked it up, I don't think this is for me. I was just thinking if I was going to throw away a $20 bill  on a scratch off I might throw it in that machine instead. 

3 minutes ago, 92CorruptCourtStreet said:

He claims it’s green energy of some sort but running his scrap yard 24/7 always help with mining 

His drivers are in my top 5 of most safe on the road. I never see them doing anything risky.

• 1 year later...

I'm reading all this FTX crypto bankruptcy, maybe ponzi money laundering scheme...Not really getting the difference between crypto and bit coin. I am glad I took all of your advice and stayed out.

Seeing President Clinton and Tony Blair partying with Orlando Bloom and Katy Perry at the FTX Bahamas party a mere 3 months ago kind of reminded me of the party that never was...the FYRE FESTIVAL which resulted in a 26 million dollar bankruptcy. Small potatoes comparatively, nevertheless....

Wow. This whole FTX thing is fascinating. I'd never seen any of their commercials but apparently Giselle is being sued for $11 million. Tom Brady, Shaq. Larry David. You know who HE golfs with? President Obama..they're neighbors.

On 11/8/2021 at 1:50 PM, ginger said:

His drivers are in my top 5 of most safe on the road. I never see them doing anything risky.

I think a few families especially the Rymer family would want to beg a differ, the Owego accident was a Weitsman truck and the person who was driving a small pick up truck was decapitated because the scrap driver pulled a u turn on the highway . Adam was sued and it's on the clerks website

Oh, sorry for that but seriously..I never see them do anything..not even speed... not even speed going downhill. ON I88...around the Duanesburg...its a pretty large slope. Sometimes I follow them in inclimate weather.