22 yr old arrested for killing his 12 yr old brother

Guest endicott

Wow, dl...you've had some major issues due to her, it seems...sorry.

Lucky for your son he has you!

Sad part is they cant really do a hole lot to punish her for it with the bipolar thing I mean whats arresting her for gonna do. Fortunately we have a system that protects my son by doing the job that people claim they dont do.

Guest Maurice
I agree 22 is not a kid.

Kid walks around like a hood...no job....thinks he is a loser....has no idea between 12 year old strength and 22 year old....does not talk to his neighbors and obviously did not go to school ..maybe not ever..certainly did not graduate ofr get GED...no responsibilty......Maybe they should tell us what was in refrig as to how concerned he was about his brother while G'ma was in hospital....how long was she there? she obviously did not care as to what was going on or did not leave instructions....this is a sad story for Services.....they claim understaffedd,they claim their hands are tied by the law....I say baloney....If a kid calls them they are allover a parent and question their parental hood but not a 22 year old who wants to act like a thug...were they not having alot of trouble with punks near Watson all year...I am sure it is not this kid because he has exhibited good behavior all along....this story smells to high water from his past to present even with his buddy who claims he know nothing..did not the kid scream when the brohter landed on him? that did not arouse suspician? Did he not think it was wise to check?The house is a small house and being in the other room..was the door closed? who does that when his friend is over? Was there drugs? Blood tests will show how their systems were,even the buddy and while it will not implicate him,it will shed some light on this.

Folks..start making your kids,regardless of age act human...get rid of the hoods,the black clothes with chains...it is a facade for losers...

[[Wow...this story just broke today and you've already tried him and found him guilty. Who made you God? Do you KNOW the circumstances? Do you KNOW if it was deliberate? According to this evening's news, the two brothers were fighting and he kicked the 12 year old in the stomach. If that's true, it was certainly stupid, dangerous, reckless, not a fair fight, or all of the above. But it doesn't mean he was trying to kill him. Here's a thought; try reserving your fire and brimstone judgement until a few more FACTS are out. Until then, sit down and shut up. And do us all a big favor and find an excuse to never do jury duty.]]

Nice try you idiot, but apparently the child was dead for several days!!! He didn't bother to check on his brothers health when he didn't wake-up!!! The act may hve been accidental, but the after actions are inexcusable

The brother left him alone from Tues. until the police arrested him at a friends house. How irresponsible to leave a 12 yr. old alone for that length of time and not bother to check on him! This is so dad!!!!

For any of you who may be implying that it might have been an accident and trying to defend this loser, think about this.......the kid had internal bleeding......do you know how hard of a hit or kick it would have had to be to cause internal bleeding? Pretty hard!! Simple "horse play" would NOT cause internal bleeding. Also, he knew the kid was dead and did nothing about it, the poor boy was not found for days. The nutcase brother is guilty and I hope he goes to prison with his parents for a long, long time. The one I feel sorry for is the boy who lost his life at such a young age, and his grandmother.

For any of you who may be implying that it might have been an accident and trying to defend this loser, think about this.......the kid had internal bleeding......do you know how hard of a hit or kick it would have had to be to cause internal bleeding? Pretty hard!! Simple "horse play" would NOT cause internal bleeding. Also, he knew the kid was dead and did nothing about it, the poor boy was not found for days. The nutcase brother is guilty and I hope he goes to prison with his parents for a long, long time. The one I feel sorry for is the boy who lost his life at such a young age, and his grandmother.
Im not here defending this jerk I agree if it does come out that he knew what was going on, whitch he probably did, he should be charged with more than manslauter, this has capitol punnishment written all over it. Im saying that cps does their job the best they can so dont blame them, or the grand mother at the hospital having heart surgery, put the blame where it belongs, When and if the truth comes out. People are so quick to look for blame without having all the facts. The only undespuitable fact is he was left with an adult and and died. Yes 22 is an adult doesnt mean a smart adult but an adult nonthe less. Theres 16 yearolds having kids so what does that say for a 22 year old.

Someone earlier posted a comment about this being a reflection on kids' overuse of violent video games and the like.

I see this as more a reflection of the influence of the WWF-type shows in which the hyper-roided-up hulks perform all manner of what appear to be superhuman stunts. They climb 12 foot step ladders and jump on each other. I'm sure most kids don't realize the training and preparation that go into circus-like stunts like that.

This is reminiscent of that teenaged kid a few years ago who literally threw his 8 year old sister around and killed her after watching "pro" wrestling.

I also see the same influences in the Ultimate Fighting events. Although they may not be totally staged, they are still very intense and can't be anything but a bad example for many kids.

Thought our tax dollars went to pay BCDSS's salaries. Do the taxpayers a favor and shut the place down and lower our taxes.

School officials put them on notice to help this poor child according to the Press and Sun. Why wasn't any action taken to help this child?

Thought our tax dollars went to pay BCDSS's salaries. Do the taxpayers a favor and shut the place down and lower our taxes.

School officials put them on notice to help this poor child according to the Press and Sun. Why wasn't any action taken to help this child?

What part of they checked on him tuesday and everything was fine and then they were sent out on firday and he was found didnt you get. Its your kind of thinking thats dumbing down society. Right fire all of them so idiots like you can have something else to complain about or better yet sue them for........Moron

Guest school employee

As a school employee I have seen it happen again and again. A child reports abuse, CPS is called. They come into school and interview the child. If there are no visible marks, the claim is catagorized as "unfounded". Recently they interviewed the child WITH the parents present. Of COURSE he recanted! My God! He's made to sit in the same room with the father who beats him and you expect him to say the man is hitting him? Another boy didn't want to go home after school because his mother was going to beat him with a strap! He had an asthma attack because he was crying so hard! Come on people, little kids don't make this stuff up! I'm talking kindergarteners here! Something needs to change!

I agree that something has to be done about Broome County CPS, along with this case I recall 2 other cases recently where the parents killed their children. These were also previously reported to CPS and no action was taken, I understand that before they do a "surprise" visit they contact the parents first and actually make an appointment to go to the home, duh, what do they expect to see ? They should make unannounced visits and interview the child AWAY from the parent or parents...If CPS was doing their job perhaps these 2 toddlers wouldn't have been murdered by their parents. There are just too many cases like this in Broome County and I think the State should step in and find out why these children are "slipping through the cracks".......It is not always in the best interest of the child to leave them with their parents. In one of the aforementioned cases I read that the father was actually trying to get custody and to have the boy removed from the abusive mothers home, I guess his pleas fell on deaf ears...How many more children must die before action is taken and the Broome County DSS is held accountable ??

I agree that something has to be done about Broome County CPS, along with this case I recall 2 other cases recently where the parents killed their children. These were also previously reported to CPS and no action was taken, I understand that before they do a "surprise" visit they contact the parents first and actually make an appointment to go to the home, duh, what do they expect to see ? They should make unannounced visits and interview the child AWAY from the parent or parents...If CPS was doing their job perhaps these 2 toddlers wouldn't have been murdered by their parents. There are just too many cases like this in Broome County and I think the State should step in and find out why these children are "slipping through the cracks".......It is not always in the best interest of the child to leave them with their parents. In one of the aforementioned cases I read that the father was actually trying to get custody and to have the boy removed from the abusive mothers home, I guess his pleas fell on deaf ears...How many more children must die before action is taken and the Broome County DSS is held accountable ??

Just how much training do the employees of Broome County CPS have to have before they are able to investigate these cases and if there are suspicions of child abuse at what point are the authorities called ???? I guess I should say at what point do they notify a Police Agency ?

Someone earlier posted a comment about this being a reflection on kids' overuse of violent video games and the like.

I see this as more a reflection of the influence of the WWF-type shows in which the hyper-roided-up hulks perform all manner of what appear to be superhuman stunts. They climb 12 foot step ladders and jump on each other. I'm sure most kids don't realize the training and preparation that go into circus-like stunts like that.

This is reminiscent of that teenaged kid a few years ago who literally threw his 8 year old sister around and killed her after watching "pro" wrestling.

I also see the same influences in the Ultimate Fighting events. Although they may not be totally staged, they are still very intense and can't be anything but a bad example for many kids.

I have to disagree. I do let my 8 year old son watch WWE (NOT Ultimate Fighting) with us at home and we took him to the last event at the Arena. He asks questions about it and we answer him, explaining that it is all an act and that they are just performers doing a job. We stress to him that it is not appropriate for him to reenact the moves that he sees on tv, that the performers are professionals who are trained to do what they do. I have never witnessed him trying to recreate any of the moves that he has seen. I think that it is acceptable to let young children watch WWE with adult supervision. We don't watch the Ultimate Fighting events for the very reason that they are much more extreme than WWE.

I have to disagree. I do let my 8 year old son watch WWE (NOT Ultimate Fighting) with us at home and we took him to the last event at the Arena. He asks questions about it and we answer him, explaining that it is all an act and that they are just performers doing a job. We stress to him that it is not appropriate for him to reenact the moves that he sees on tv, that the performers are professionals who are trained to do what they do. I have never witnessed him trying to recreate any of the moves that he has seen. I think that it is acceptable to let young children watch WWE with adult supervision. We don't watch the Ultimate Fighting events for the very reason that they are much more extreme than WWE.

That's very commendable.

However, you are just one family. What about latchkey kids and the multitude of kids who do not have the same supervision and parental explanations your kids enjoy?

That black kid who threw his 8 year old sister into a wall and killed her a few years back was unsupervised by a single Mom who was too busy working to be able to be there enough for either of her kids. I think he was about 11, but big for his age.

Those families are the problem, not families like yours.

Archived