HOME INVASIONS

ginger

We all like to talk a good game of how we'd blow away anyone who crosses our thresholds. These criminals are tracking vehicles and jamming security systems. The articles I read stated they were targeting wealthy Asians.

Law Enforcement leadership needs to give the rest of us direction on prevention, what to look for... obviously if you see something say something...and what do if you happen to be home.

Even if you could designate a room in your house as a safe room...look what happened to those people in Israel October 7th? They had safe rooms that failed. Could somebody look at that? 

I had read a comprehensive article this morning...gangs in Jersey invading Pennsylvanians and Chileans in Michigan. It mentioned something about how, if your internet goes out a lot it could be a sign...but I don't understand why that would be. I'm trying to find the article. I thought I retweeted it.

Sorry I can't find it. Usually if I see an article that interests me on somebody else's thread, I retweet it and go back to it. Grrr...thought I did that! 😡🙂

I recall saying to myself, um...PA is a little close for comfort. 

3 hours ago, ginger said:

I had read a comprehensive article this morning...gangs in Jersey invading Pennsylvanians and Chileans in Michigan. It mentioned something about how, if your internet goes out a lot it could be a sign...but I don't understand why that would be. I'm trying to find the article. I thought I retweeted it.

T-Mobile 5G home internet beats this.

9 minutes ago, DanCooper said:

T-Mobile 5G home internet beats this.

I tried to get that but they said City of Binghamton doesn't have 5g, we only have 4g..but that was last year.  Has something changed? Because I also tried to get the Verizon cube for internet and they told me the same.

3 minutes ago, ginger said:

I tried to get that but they said City of Binghamton doesn't have 5g, we only have 4g..but that was last year.  Has something changed? Because I also tried to get the Verizon cube for internet and they told me the same.

I believe you can check on their website. There should be an option to type your address and check availability. It is available in parts of Endicott / Endwell. The tower near Gault is a TMO tower.

19 minutes ago, DanCooper said:

I believe you can check on their website. There should be an option to type your address and check availability. It is available in parts of Endicott / Endwell. The tower near Gault is a TMO tower.

I did that and that's what the message was..my area doesn't have 5g. 

Last I recall City of Binghamton had an exclusive franchise deal with City of Binghamton for cable. Do we still have that and was it extended to internet service?  I've never noticed on the bill. Are we still paying for free wifi in downtown Binghamton? It's been forever since the subject's come up.

5 hours ago, ginger said:

We all like to talk a good game of how we'd blow away anyone who crosses our thresholds. These criminals are tracking vehicles and jamming security systems. The articles I read stated they were targeting wealthy Asians.

Law Enforcement leadership needs to give the rest of us direction on prevention, what to look for... obviously if you see something say something...and what do if you happen to be home.

Even if you could designate a room in your house as a safe room...look what happened to those people in Israel October 7th? They had safe rooms that failed. Could somebody look at that? 

A Louisville Slugger at the front door is a start.

46 minutes ago, Solak Supporter said:

A Louisville Slugger at the front door is a start.

Lol, miss Itty bitty kitty will get to the door long before I get there. Smart as a whip, that one. Doesn't miss a trick. As soon as I'm in bed, she has to make her rounds. Goes through the entire house.