Breaking News - Port Dickinson Police Officer in Critical Condition

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Broome County Sheriff David E. Harder has scheduled at news conference for 10 a.m. Monday at the sheriff's office, 155 Lt. VanWinkle Drive, Dickinson, to discuss the serious injuries suffered by an unidentified Port Dickinson police officer who was hit by a vehicle around 3:30 a.m. Sunday on Route 7 in the Village of Port Dickinson.

@

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply
my thoughts and prayers go out to the Rossi family. This is tragic from the poeple ive talk to it doesnt look like he will make it and if he does he wont recover very much. The driver was a bartender from the relief pitcher coming home from work. Such a sad and avoidable tragedy. I wish the best and my prayers are with the rossi family!!!

To the Rossi family I can't imagine the pain that you are feeling. May the prayers that we are all saying bring you comfort and peace.

This is very sad.

@

Guest country girl2
Let us hope he didn't pass.. If he should pass on , I think BV Voice can and should take up a collection for the family. I will donate the first $100 dollars.

Maybe BTK can handle this and the money ???

That is a very nice thing to do Bing4126.......count me in!! Please let me know if this is going to happen and who is collecting so I can give a donation. God bless him and his family, my prayers are with them. Very sad.

Guest friend

I am very close to the family. Our thoughts and prayers are with you Aldo and your whole family. His wife was recently diagnosed with a deadly disease, scleroderma, people please pray for the Rossi family even if you don't know them. Aldo is a terrific man. Whom which did not deserve this, very unfortunate.

Guest thomas

To Aldo's family, my prayers. I did not know Aldo, but, I do know Patrick enough to know he is going thru hell for his actions. I was shocked to hear he was driving under the limit as I have seen him on a few occasions where he thought he'd had enough and called a cab or had a friend give him a ride home. Patrick is a good young man, very sensitive, and this must be driving him crazy. Knowing him as I do, it will alter his life forever, but, he will have a life and Aldo will not and that is so very sad, Patrick just got married on July 2nd with his married life ahead of him, it will never be the same as they had invisioned, for that I am sorry and I can assure you he is not a local bum that has no feelings, he has probably spent most of the day sobbing, not fo himself, but, for Aldo. If and when he heard Aldo has passed it must have been a horible family time. Pray for Aldo's family and for Patrick and his family as I will for a long time.

@

Guest Guest
I fully agree that people should not get behing the wheel when they have been drinking. However, if people step back and look at their own history, they will most likely remember times that they have done the same thing. Does this make it an excusable act? No, it doesn't, and this person will pay for this for the rest of his life. At least if he has a conscience he will. I agree with BTK on this one. Let's not get too hasty with crucifying people, that is up to the courts. Let's spend time sending prayers to Officer Rossi and his family.

You are right! Think about it people look into your own history maybe when you were younger. My prayers to the Rossi Family. Use your energy to pray for Officer Rossi.

During this time of tragedy , it's common that tempers will flare because of the shock and denial involved. I am guilty as hell of throwing insults around this board , but I can't find it in myself to do it here , not in this thread. At this point in time , all the ifs and buts are just adding to the wounds of the families. I only ask that we show the community that , BC Voice has some class and compassion.

I have spoke with BTK and CG in regards to starting a collection and fund raising attempt through BC Voice.... I'm thinking an account can be opened up in The Rossi Family Name at the bank located in Hillcrest. That way all donations ( checks or cash can be sent or dropped off at that bank ) Any ideas , or help would be greatly appreciated.

Again , please refrain from the ifs and buts and name calling in this thread............. Thank -you .....

During this time of tragedy , it's common that tempers will flare because of the shock and denial involved. I am guilty as hell of throwing insults around this board , but I can't find it in myself to do it here , not in this thread. At this point in time , all the ifs and buts are just adding to the wounds of the families. I only ask that we show the community that , BC Voice has some class and compassion.

I have spoke with BTK and CG in regards to starting a collection and fund raising attempt through BC Voice.... I'm thinking an account can be opened up in The Rossi Family Name at the bank located in Hillcrest. That way all donations ( checks or cash can be sent or dropped off at that bank ) Any ideas , or help would be greatly appreciated.

Again , please refrain from the ifs and buts and name calling in this thread............. Thank -you .....

Guest Guest

As someone who has been foolish enough to get behind the wheel of a car when I've had too much, I can honestly say that there is not a day that goes by that I don't thank the lord that I learned my lesson the easy way-by going to jail for it. The thought that I could have killed or hurt someone did not fully weigh in until I had the time to think about it. The whole stigma around town that it isn't a big deal to drink and drive needs to be addressed. If you see a friend or relative out and they have too much, then it is your responsibility to stop them. Hell, if you see a stranger get behind the wheel drunk you need to stop them. There are lives at stake, and for people to continue to be complacent about the issue is unacceptable. I am all for more serious punnishments for offenders. We need to be proactive in preventing things like this from happening in the future. My thoughts and prayers are with Aldo Rossi and his family.

@

This is a sad day indeed. Our prayers go out for the Police Officer and his family.

Although we do not know him, we do have respect for any man or woman who takes on being a Police Officer. For those people put their lives on the line each and every day, and to read some of the remarks here, shows a great deal of Disrespect for all Law Enforcement Personel.

We can only pray for a full safe and speedy recovery !

Well let's see we do know (thanx to BC Voice), that it WAS Officer Rossi who was hit and seriously hurt by a drunk driver who is now in the county jail, he was charged with DWI, so far true....I'm sure they will up the charge. Sure some people are posting things they probably don't know all the facts to, but at least we are getting information here. Maybe the local media should actually have people out there doing some investigating!! I swore to myself I wasn't going to get into a DELETED[/ match about this due to the severity of what has happened, so I've said my piece and will shut up now. Again, prayers and thoughts to the Rossi Family.

Guest GUEST

UPDATE: Seriously injured police officer identified

July 27, 2008

Post a CommentRecommend Print this page E-mail this article

Share this article: Del.icio.us Facebook Digg Reddit Newsvine What’s this?

PORT DICKINSON -- Port Dickinson police Officer Aldo Rossi, 42, was seriously injured early Sunday when hit by a vehicle while standing at the scene of a downed tree across Route 7, according to village Mayor Kevin Burke.

According to police, the officer was waiting around 3:30 a.m. for the state Department of Transportation to arrive and remove the tree from the road. A motorist pulled onto the shoulder of the road. While the officer was standing and speaking with its occupants, a second vehicle traveling east hit the stopped vehicle and then the officer.

Police have filed multiple charges against the driver of the second vehicle, who was identified as Patrick J. Fitzgerald, 30, of Center Street, in the Town of Fenton. He was charged with second-degree vehicular assault, a felony, and driving while intoxicated, a misdemeanor.

Fitzgerald was arraigned in the Town of Dickinson court and remanded to the Broome County Jail.

Fitzgerald and the unidentified occupants of the second vehicle were not injured, according to police.

Didn't the bank in Hillcrest close?
Not sure about that, but I would imagine any bank would be willing to do it. Maybe someone that knows the Rossi family and is watching this board can let BTK know where the family banks and do it there. Just a thought.

Guest Anna Rossi
I know Aldo well from Port Dick. I believe that he is Jr. He is a very nice man and an excellent police officer! My prayers are with you Aldo!

As a cousin of Aldo Rossi Jr. I can answer the question to be true. He is at the Johnson city hospital that was known as Wilson Memorial for anyone who would like to send there thoughts and Prayers to the rossi family and for Aldo Rossi Jr and his father Aldo Rossi Sr. Thank you everyone for your support. Our family greatly appreciates Everyones prayers and concerns. God Bless

as much as a DELETED[/ i can be on here even i never wanna see this happen to anyone. i didnt know the fella but man i sure do hope his family will be ok and everything. this is no way for someone to pass on. sad sad day right here for real! i work for a hospital and have to see grieving families all the time....its not easy.

Archived