Breaking News - Port Dickinson Police Officer in Critical Condition

Guest Guest

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest

Such a tragedy to ruin two families. I do know Bonz. He's a great guy, I will always say that. His family is great and would do anything for them. I can't imagine what they are going through.

At the same time I can't imagine what the other family is going through. It's heart breaking like I hope to never have. Such a stupid thing to happen. I hope that one day they can forgive Pat. I hope that one day they can look back at their son, husband, friend or what ever and smile. From what I've read he was a great guy. It's such a shame.

@

Guest Guest-DonJr925-*

I was going to wait till my registration went through to post, but for some reason it is not letting me log in. That being said, I still posted under what will be my user name on this board instead of hiding as a guest.

Let me start by saying that many of us in Aldo's family have seen these posts and appreciate all of the kind words that are sprinkled in among the drivel that some have chosen to post. I want to tak this time to thank all of you for sharing stories and happy thoughts. It has made me smile through a very difficult time and it is much appreciated.

I have read over and over day after day since Sunday that there were two families affected and neither deserved it. Agreed. I also have read that the drunk driver who I refuse to refer to by name is a great guy who made 1 bad decision, he had a family, he would give you the shirt off your back and so on and so on.

I just want all of you who have posted this stuff over the last few days, to realize that he KILLED a man who didn't get the chance to say goodbye to his friends as the drunk driver did before he left the establishment or establishments he was at. He KILLED a man who never got to enjoy the rest of his life and the wonderful wife he has who I have watched night after night try to hold herself together and be strong for those around her. He KILLED a man who was there many times as my mother was dying of cancer and whose mother was there day in and day out helping my mother deal with her illness in a spiritual sense.

The drunk driver still will get a chance to say goodbye to his family, he will still see his family and hug his family, all things Aldo will never be able to do again. A mistake is forgetting to set the alarm for work, a mistake is forgetting to take out the garbage... None of that compares to getting behind the wheel when you are stone cold drunk and deciding to drive. That is a choice that he made that took the life of my cousin and a very, very good person. The things I talked about above made Aldo a good person. The driver of that vehicle doesn't even deserve to breathe the same air that Aldo did and should still be.

You can't put a positive spin on what this person did. He did not make a mistake, he made a decision and he didn't ask anyone if it was the right decision, he didn't CARE. That fact alone makes it very hard for me to care what he is going through. No matter what he is going through, it will never compare to what Aldo went through and what his family is going through... why, because he is still here to go through it. Aldo is not.

Let me just tell you all that I have seen Aldo in that hospital bed and he was unrecognizable, if the nurse didn't point me to his room, I would never have known that was him. He had such a zest for life, always had a smile as big as a house and over the last couple days I wasn't able to see any of that. Why, because some careless, uncaring individual took that away, he took it all away. You want to talk about this drunk driver suffering, nothing can compare to seeing what I saw in that hospital room.

There is a huge part of me that thinks a small part of a just punishment would be for that driver to have to stare at a picture of what I saw in that hospital room, everyday for 20 hours. It is an image that will never leave my mind or the minds of Aldo's family and friends. It will affect me for the rest of my life and there is a huge part o me that wishes it had to affect the driver of that car for the rest of his life. I would find at least a little bit of justice in that.

I know a lot of you will blast me for this post and that's fine as you defend a person who used a car as a battering ram as a way to cap off his night of drinking... that's all well and good, you are entitled to it. You will say that this was not the person he was as you continue to fool yourselves and that's fine. Let me just tell you this, no amount of suffering or paying for consequences will ever be enough. He took a wonderful man from a wife, father, sister and brothers that he loved dearly and loved him. That is undeniable.

It is also undeniable that the drunk driver is still here and his family will be a part of his life and to me, that is unfair... but it is what it is.

For those who have said Pat is suffering and is very sorry, all I can say is he should be and deserves to be, but as I said, it diesn't compare beciase he is still here. I am going to refrain from calling him names as others have, not because I am not thinking those things and wanting to say them, but this is not the place.

I apologize to all of you wonderful people who have shown your support... I wish this wasn't my first post on this board, but I do hope I will be welcomed back becuase now that I am here I am able to see what a tight knit group you guys are... at least most of you who choose to post under a name instead of as a guest.

Thank you all for taking the time to read this and giving me a place to share my feelings.

DonJr, thank you for posting that...it brought tears to my eyes. I met Aldo only once, but have heard numerous stories about "the good old days" through my friends who had the honor of knowing him. Please know your entire extended law enforcement family is thinking of ALL of you.

Guest Hmmm...
I was going to wait till my registration went through to post, but for some reason it is not letting me log in. That being said, I still posted under what will be my user name on this board instead of hiding as a guest.

Let me start by saying that many of us in Aldo's family have seen these posts and appreciate all of the kind words that are sprinkled in among the drivel that some have chosen to post. I want to tak this time to thank all of you for sharing stories and happy thoughts. It has made me smile through a very difficult time and it is much appreciated.

I have read over and over day after day since Sunday that there were two families affected and neither deserved it. Agreed. I also have read that the drunk driver who I refuse to refer to by name is a great guy who made 1 bad decision, he had a family, he would give you the shirt off your back and so on and so on.

I just want all of you who have posted this stuff over the last few days, to realize that he KILLED a man who didn't get the chance to say goodbye to his friends as the drunk driver did before he left the establishment or establishments he was at. He KILLED a man who never got to enjoy the rest of his life and the wonderful wife he has who I have watched night after night try to hold herself together and be strong for those around her. He KILLED a man who was there many times as my mother was dying of cancer and whose mother was there day in and day out helping my mother deal with her illness in a spiritual sense.

The drunk driver still will get a chance to say goodbye to his family, he will still see his family and hug his family, all things Aldo will never be able to do again. A mistake is forgetting to set the alarm for work, a mistake is forgetting to take out the garbage... None of that compares to getting behind the wheel when you are stone cold drunk and deciding to drive. That is a choice that he made that took the life of my cousin and a very, very good person. The things I talked about above made Aldo a good person. The driver of that vehicle doesn't even deserve to breathe the same air that Aldo did and should still be.

You can't put a positive spin on what this person did. He did not make a mistake, he made a decision and he didn't ask anyone if it was the right decision, he didn't CARE. That fact alone makes it very hard for me to care what he is going through. No matter what he is going through, it will never compare to what Aldo went through and what his family is going through... why, because he is still here to go through it. Aldo is not.

Let me just tell you all that I have seen Aldo in that hospital bed and he was unrecognizable, if the nurse didn't point me to his room, I would never have known that was him. He had such a zest for life, always had a smile as big as a house and over the last couple days I wasn't able to see any of that. Why, because some careless, uncaring individual took that away, he took it all away. You want to talk about this drunk driver suffering, nothing can compare to seeing what I saw in that hospital room.

There is a huge part of me that thinks a small part of a just punishment would be for that driver to have to stare at a picture of what I saw in that hospital room, everyday for 20 hours. It is an image that will never leave my mind or the minds of Aldo's family and friends. It will affect me for the rest of my life and there is a huge part o me that wishes it had to affect the driver of that car for the rest of his life. I would find at least a little bit of justice in that.

I know a lot of you will blast me for this post and that's fine as you defend a person who used a car as a battering ram as a way to cap off his night of drinking... that's all well and good, you are entitled to it. You will say that this was not the person he was as you continue to fool yourselves and that's fine. Let me just tell you this, no amount of suffering or paying for consequences will ever be enough. He took a wonderful man from a wife, father, sister and brothers that he loved dearly and loved him. That is undeniable.

It is also undeniable that the drunk driver is still here and his family will be a part of his life and to me, that is unfair... but it is what it is.

For those who have said Pat is suffering and is very sorry, all I can say is he should be and deserves to be, but as I said, it diesn't compare beciase he is still here. I am going to refrain from calling him names as others have, not because I am not thinking those things and wanting to say them, but this is not the place.

I apologize to all of you wonderful people who have shown your support... I wish this wasn't my first post on this board, but I do hope I will be welcomed back becuase now that I am here I am able to see what a tight knit group you guys are... at least most of you who choose to post under a name instead of as a guest.

Thank you all for taking the time to read this and giving me a place to share my feelings.

Truly our heartfelt sympathy, thoughts, and prayers are with you and your family at this time.

Thank you again BC Voice for giving him a forum like this to vent...

welcome DonJr..thank you for joining and posting that..I'm so sorry for what has happened..by all accounts your cousin was a wonderful guy..I wish I could have known him.. This has deeply saddened the whole community..he will be missed by all who knew him, and by those who didn't know him but knew he was out there doing a tough job so well...I don't know what else to say...this is so sad...

Guest Guest

My sincere sympathy to you and your family. Nothing can repair your family's broken hearts; but justice must be served. Most of all, I truly hope that some day, you and your family will somehow find peace. God bless you.

Guest Guest

As a resident of Port Dickinson, I want to add my sympathy and prayers for the Rossi family. It was so sad to hear of Aldo's passing. We have a wonderful and caring police force here, and the loss of a fellow officer is felt across the whole village. May he rest in peace.

I have been wanting to leave my codolences but I cant find the right words. I am so very sorry that you and your family have to go through this. I have never met Aldo but I have great respect for anyone who puts others safety and lives above their own.

With that said I would like to thank you for your post. I am going to print this and hang it at home for a reminder to anyone who comes to my house that drinking and driving has severe ramifications. If this message gets through to atleast one person you have done a great deed. Once again I am truely sorry for your loss.

Guest country girl2

"Let me start by saying that many of us in Aldo's family have seen these posts and appreciate all of the kind words that are sprinkled in among the drivel that some have chosen to post. I want to tak this time to thank all of you for sharing stories and happy thoughts. It has made me smile through a very difficult time and it is much appreciated.

Thank you all for taking the time to read this and giving me a place to share my feelings."

Don, thank you very much for posting this. I am so very sorry for your loss. I am also very sorry that you and your family had to read negative posts here. What happened to Aldo was absolutely hearbreaking, I have shed many tears for him and your family. I will continue to keep your family in my prayers. My deepest sympathy to all of you. God Bless.

Thank you again to all who have replied. I am hopeful that if it helps one person at least take a step back and think before making that choice, it was well worth it. BTW, before I get bashed by the nitpickers in the group, I will admit my own mistake. I realized when I read this back that near the end, I did mention this drunk driver by name. I have seen how quick a couple of you are to point out little things, so I saved you a post. Sorry to those who were hoping to get their post #'s up... :rolleyes:;)

DonJr. Not much more I can say that hasn't been said by others on this forum. My heartfelt sympathy and prayers go out to you and the whole Rossi family. Thank you for your very sensitive and well worded post.

I do believe that anyone who is once charged with a DWI they should NEVER, EVER be allowed to own a vehicle (motorcycles included) or get a driver's license again.

Guest Jason Michael

Nice post Donny. I'm proud to be your brother. Big Al would be proud also.

RiP cousin Aldo, we can't believe that you are gone.

Guest GUEST

When a friend dies, one isn't truly forgotten...

Specially when touched by the lives of others, without asking

From heart to heart, in such a loving, caring and unique fashion

When a friend dies, one isn't truly gone...

Though departed in the physical but remains in my mind's gate

With me forever, regardless of their untimely fate

When a friend dies, one isn't truly lost...

But is found and lives in the hearts of all of us

Simply because we love em'... the recipient of our trust

When a friend dies, one must travel alone...

Each one has his own special road, the route is created by each own

Without help, each must walk alone; to our final destination, home

When a friend dies, everyone becomes hurt...

Though no mere words can ever categorize the sorrow

It's good memories fused with time that helps us through tomorrow

When a friend dies, God is still in control...

Knowing that in the good or the bad, we are still blessed

Because our God, not us, knows what's truly best

Though how can it be explained when a friend dies, yet we still remain

Until I see God and He makes it all clear -- at least I know He's always near

I'll always remember my friend that I held dear, as I wipe away this tear

Guest Garo Kachadourian

I would like to let everyone know since Aldo jr. was a giving person as I knew him, made a decsision to give his organs to help others in need in case of his passing. Today Aldo's healty organs were given to help others in need.

This was mentioned to me tonight by a close family member a few hours ago.

I felt it was appropriate to let others know who cared and knew Aldo.

God bless you Aldo.

@

Guest Mourning Medic

Officer Rossi sadly was pronounced dead shortly after entering the hospital. The hospital staff and surgeons worked hard and long to safe this beloved man, and they even brought in the two BEST surgeons in in Broome County, one being Travetinstrand. Aldo Rossi dedicated his life to police work and ultimately left us doing what he loved, sadly we no longer get to have the honor of being in the presence of this amazing man.The police, fire, and EMS community has felt a strong shock wave ripple and crash through them, and if you had seen the hospital parking lot you can see how loved this man was by not only his family, and the community but also by his fellow peers! May God rest his soul and may we all keep Officer Aldo Rossi in our minds and hearts!

All human life has equal value. Be it the homeless, a cop, or a bartender. No more , no less.

i disagree

a guy on death row for his crimes does not have an equal life value to my children

it's an easy axiom to repeat, and makes us all feel hunky -dory, but the reality is you are defined by your actions, not by some mis applied catch phrase

i disagree

a guy on death row for his crimes does not have an equal life value to my children

it's an easy axiom to repeat, and makes us all feel hunky -dory, but the reality is you are defined by your actions, not by some mis applied catch phrase

You couldnt be more wrong Bruno, no life has more value than another regardless of occupation or criminal activity. God put us all here equal and he decides the path we take. Im surprised that you would even say such a thing.

Why was my earlier post removed?

Archived