Breaking News - Port Dickinson Police Officer in Critical Condition

Guest Guest

Restrictions??? What?????

You must be one of the BCV readers who read a chapter into a sentence. I never wrote a single word about "imposing restrictions" nor did I make any implications about that.

My point, if you think you might still be able to grasp it, is that, in threads about a horrendous story like this one, you're bound to see a wide range of posts. Many of them have been kind, understated, compassionate and warmhearted. However, as in the Danek threads, you'll also see some harsh, rude abrasive posts. That's the nature of what goes on here.

If people don't want to read insensitive posts, all they need to do is choose not to open a thread.

Again, if I were a family member of PF or Officer Aldo, I WOULD NOT read a single thread about this on BCV, because I know that eventually I"m going to read something that I find distressing.

It's the harsh , rude abrasive posts , that we don't need.. Create a peaceful day for yourself.. I'm done with you ..

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest knew Big Al well
Let us remember Aldo as a man who found enjoyment in helping others in need.. I admit , I couldn't walk in his shoes.. He gave more to the community than he ever took.. He put smiles on peoples faces when they were down and needed help or encouragement.. What would Aldo do , if two families where suffering ?? If I may answer my own question ?? I think he'd try to keep the peace.. It was his job and his desire in life ... It's about the way he lived not died.. If we could only incorporate some of his qualities into our own lives , the world would be a better place to live..........

Aldo didn't always try to "keep the peace". He wouldn't hesitate to lay a beatdown on someone that had it coming. This "Bones" guy falls into that category.

Guest Guest
If you knew Bones you would know it was pretty obvious he had a drinking problem. To say he made a concious decision to drive is a little skewed in its logic since he was way to drunk to make a "concious" decision. I am not defending it. It was stupid but it happened. Once again I have to reiterarate that there is alot of confusion here between defending the man and defending the action. You would have to be an idiot to defend what happened. There is NO excuse for it. Once again, good people do really stupid things. I do feel sorry for his family. They have to deal with something they did not do. I know his family are incredibly wonderful people and don't deserve to have to go thru what their son is putting them thru.

As for this coward Bruno...you are entitled to post what you want here just as anyone else. I almost encourage you to because everytime you type, you show what an ignorant buffoon you are.

My heart goes out to Aldo, his family, and all who knew him.

now why is this family so wonderful? is it beause they owned a BAR that sold alcohol to hundreds of people that had already had enough to drink? is it because they just had to have that last $2.00 for that beer that definitely put the cusotmer over the edge of intoxication? is it because they gave you a free drink to get you to BUY some more. this family is no better than their drunken son that THEY raised. i can only hope that they are feeling MORE PAIN than the rossi family. fitzgerald still has his life (although i would not want it when BUBBA gets done with him in prison), but rossi is gone as the result of a good for nothing DRUNK.

I know Bones and have always disliked him. The sense of entitlement he has always felt because his family was in the alcohol/ bar business, and because the BPD drinks at the Pitcher finally caught up to him. He thought he had an unlimited get out of jail free card. It cost Aldo Rossi his life.

I'm not going to shed any tears for his family either. If you traffic in alcohol you better know the risks. You better know the signs of family members with a problem.

You can choose to either confront or enable the people close to you when they live destructive lives.

I know Bones and have always disliked him. The sense of entitlement he has always felt because his family was in the alcohol/ bar business, and because the BPD drinks at the Pitcher finally caught up to him. He thought he had an unlimited get out of jail free card. It cost Aldo Rossi his life.

I'm not going to shed any tears for his family either. If you traffic in alcohol you better know the risks. You better know the signs of family members with a problem.

You can choose to either confront or enable the people close to you when they live destructive lives.

Guest GUEST

July 30, 2008Binghamton, NYNews

Weather

Sports

Features

YouNewsTV

Programming

Inside WBNG

Closings

Welcome HomeYour Health Matters TodayLocal & Regional

US & World

Business

Health

WBNG/WBXI Advertisers

CBS Political

DTV FAQs

Community

News LinksFitzgerald Posts Bail

YouNewsTV™Story Created: Jul 29, 2008 at 2:36 PM EDT

Story Updated: Jul 29, 2008 at 3:06 PM EDT

By WBNG News

The driver who ran into Port Dickinson Police officer Aldo Rossi is out of jail on bail.

30 year old Patrick Fitzgerald of Fenton is charged with DWI and Vehicular Assault.

Fitzgerald appeared in Broome County court for a bail hearing.

Bail was set at 10-thousand dollars cash or 20-thousand bond.

The Broome County Sheriff's Office is waiting for results of a blood test.

It will show Fitzgerald's blood alcohol content at the time he struck Rossi early Sunday morning.

Investigators are also interviewing people at different establishments to determine where he was drinking that night.

The Sheriff has also said Fitzgerald was working at the Relief Pitcher in Binghamton Saturday night

Very diplomatic approach making your point and I totally agree.

sorry, this was a double post, so I will answer the other question. He was indeed let out on $10,000 cash or $20,000 property. It was reported yesterday on BNG's website and then on the 6:00 PM report.

What judge set his bail, better yet what judge gave him the option of bail. Not much surprises me about the justice system but this did make my jaw drop.

Guest Guest
What judge set his bail, better yet what judge gave him the option of bail. Not much surprises me about the justice system but this did make my jaw drop.

Gee maybe because people are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law?

True, but not everyone is granted bail. It usually depends on the severity of the crime/offense. I think this one is pretty severe.

Guest Guest
True, but not everyone is granted bail. It usually depends on the severity of the crime/offense. I think this one is pretty severe.

It depends on the chances of one showing up for their court date.

Guest Guest

The first thing Fitzgerald will do when he gets home is have a drink to steady his nerves, after all it has been almost three days, he must be shaking like a leaf by now. Detox is a b i t c h.

Guest country girl2

Well since I doubt that anybody in their right mind would say that he is not guilty and people are actually held in jail without bail on a regular basis......I see NO reason at all why he should have been let out!!

Guest Guest
I hope this thread is closed soon. It's bringing out the worst in all of us.

There is no winner in this situation. Everyone loses.

I wholeheartedly disagree.

I"m sure people who know either PF or the officer have strong feelings about this.

I'm somewhat pleasantly surprised that the level of discourse so far has been to debate a few sides of this issue, with very few intentionally nasty comments.

If the local online community cannot discuss important matters like this here, where can we? Granted, you'll always get a few troll posts that are inteneded only to inflame and shock, but then if you know anything about BCV, you'll know that this will happen almost everywhere.

I've noticed Holly is constantly monitoring this thread, which is good. I commend her for not shutting it down.

Should we shut this thread down simply because it illicits strong feelings?

Well since I doubt that anybody in their right mind would say that he is not guilty and people are actually held in jail without bail on a regular basis......I see NO reason at all why he should have been let out!!

I thought they might even keep him in jail for his own safety. ;)

Guest Guest

Maybe some lawyer will get the case dismissed on a technicallity.

Archived