Breaking News - Port Dickinson Police Officer in Critical Condition

Guest Guest

You couldnt be more wrong Bruno, no life has more value than another regardless of occupation or criminal activity. God put us all here equal and he decides the path we take. Im surprised that you would even say such a thing.

Why was my earlier post removed?

that's all well and good for people who accept your religious doctrine. But I doubt god put a gun in the hand of a murderer, or poured alcohol down Pat Fitzgerald in an effort to get him to kill Aldo Rossi.

If that is what God is selling, it's no wonder a lot of people ain't buying.

All life is evaluated by a persons actions. some are more valuable then others. that's reality

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest
that's all well and good for people who accept your religious doctrine. But I doubt god put a gun in the hand of a murderer, or poured alcohol down Pat Fitzgerald in an effort to get him to kill Aldo Rossi.

If that is what God is selling, it's no wonder a lot of people ain't buying.

All life is evaluated by a persons actions. some are more valuable then others. that's reality

You get dumber by the post Bruno.....And why to throw that jab in there about Pat, Im sure his family isnt going through enough as it is. Really classy.

Every life is just as valuable as the next. Fact.

Guest Guest
You get dumber by the post Bruno.....And why to throw that jab in there about Pat, Im sure his family isnt going through enough as it is. Really classy.

Yeah. Hitler and Mother Theresa, no difference, just as valuable, right.

sorry- Truth is truth

could really care less what his family is going through, he killed a guy. Should I weep for every murder's family? Of course not. Because people are judged by their actions.

A guy who takes a life does not value the life he takes. why should I say mine is equal to his.

It isn't

You couldnt be more wrong Bruno, no life has more value than another regardless of occupation or criminal activity. God put us all here equal and he decides the path we take. Im surprised that you would even say such a thing.

Why was my earlier post removed?

Not to turn this into a Religious Debate but , God gave us our own free will... We choose to sin or not.....

Guest Guest
sorry- Truth is truth

could really care less what his family is going through, he killed a guy. Should I weep for every murder's family? Of course not. Because people are judged by their actions.

A guy who takes a life does not value the life he takes. why should I say mine is equal to his.

It isn't

I guess that's why people don't respect what you have to say. I would love to feel sorry for your family for having to deal with you. I'm glad now that I don't. Thanks

Guest do you?
Do any of you even know Bones? If you don't and don't have anything nice to say, please keep to yourself. Thank you.

Do YOU even know "bones" (which, by the way, was a nickname given to him in elementary school). If you knew him, you wouldn't be defending him, trust me.

sorry- Truth is truth

It isn't

I believe there is , what's known as justifiable anger... And , in this case , it more than likely comes into play...However , the family of Pat raised him and love him just as much today , as a week ago.. They know what he did was wrong and are suffering too..

My point is this , your harsh words are inappropriate , considering the circumstances... If your children done wrong do you hate them for it ?? You're entitled to your opinion and I don't wish to upset you..Just try to give it some rest.... Remember , I'm am a friend of Aldo's and his family.....

Guest Guest
Do any of you even know Bones? If you don't and don't have anything nice to say, please keep to yourself. Thank you.

Oh yes, .33 blood alcohol content while killing a police officer, just a swell guy. No one should say anything. That would just be way uncool. F him and you too.

Guest Guest

A lot of people here and in the larger community are justifiably upset about what happened.

Since it's obvious that PF chose to drive with a very high BAC, it's understandable people would be highly disturbed.

How could you expect everyone to not have any comments, even if PF was a nice man when not blind drunk?

My shock is centered around the fact that he is a bartender. Other than a cop, I can't think of anyone who should know better the perils and legal consequences of DWI. I would imagine he's called many a cab for many a drunk patron. He must have watched hundreds of people leaving his bar knowing full well they were over the legal limit to drive a car.

Guest knew Big Al well
I believe there is , what's known as justifiable anger... And , in this case , it more than likely comes into play...However , the family of Pat raised him and love him just as much today , as a week ago.. They know what he did was wrong and are suffering too..

My point is this , your harsh words are inappropriate , considering the circumstances... If your children done wrong do you hate them for it ?? You're entitled to your opinion and I don't wish to upset you..Just try to give it some rest.... Remember , I'm am a friend of Aldo's and his family.....

I am also one of Aldo's friends. One of his closest, and I say F "Bones" and anyone making excuses for him.

Guest Guest
A lot of people here and in the larger community are justifiably upset about what happened.

Since it's obvious that PF chose to drive with a very high BAC, it's understandable people would be highly disturbed.

How could you expect everyone to not have any comments, even if PF was a nice man when not blind drunk?

My shock is centered around the fact that he is a bartender. Other than a cop, I can't think of anyone who should know better the perils and legal consequences of DWI. I would imagine he's called many a cab for many a drunk patron. He must have watched hundreds of people leaving his bar knowing full well they were over the legal limit to drive a car.

If you knew Bones you would know it was pretty obvious he had a drinking problem. To say he made a concious decision to drive is a little skewed in its logic since he was way to drunk to make a "concious" decision. I am not defending it. It was stupid but it happened. Once again I have to reiterarate that there is alot of confusion here between defending the man and defending the action. You would have to be an idiot to defend what happened. There is NO excuse for it. Once again, good people do really stupid things. I do feel sorry for his family. They have to deal with something they did not do. I know his family are incredibly wonderful people and don't deserve to have to go thru what their son is putting them thru.

As for this coward Bruno...you are entitled to post what you want here just as anyone else. I almost encourage you to because everytime you type, you show what an ignorant buffoon you are.

My heart goes out to Aldo, his family, and all who knew him.

Guest Guest

This is somewhat similar to the Danek threads. Many people who didn't know anyone involved have something to say about the tragedy. Thats human nature. BCV is a sort of back yard fence for people to talk about what's happening locally and discuss their feelings and thoughts about current events. The more outrageous the occurence, the more outrageous the comments.

the difference here is that people have to willingly SEEK OUT posts here on BCV and read them. I find it interesting that anyone would come here and ask people to not say certain things because family and friends of people in the news are getting upset.

If I were one of those family or friends, I would simply not open the window to a topic if I thought it might be bothersome.

Reading a BCV thread is not in any way similar to overhearing two people talking the next aisle over at the Giant.

If you knew Bones you would know it was pretty obvious he had a drinking problem. To say he made a concious decision to drive is a little skewed in its logic since he was way to drunk to make a "concious" decision. I am not defending it. It was stupid but it happened. Once again I have to reiterarate that there is alot of confusion here between defending the man and defending the action. You would have to be an idiot to defend what happened. There is NO excuse for it. Once again, good people do really stupid things. I do feel sorry for his family. They have to deal with something they did not do. I know his family are incredibly wonderful people and don't deserve to have to go thru what their son is putting them thru.

As for this coward Bruno...you are entitled to post what you want here just as anyone else. I almost encourage you to because everytime you type, you show what an ignorant buffoon you are.

My heart goes out to Aldo, his family, and all who knew him.

Thank you, whoever you are!!

Sad, Sad, and totally avoidable situation.

Maybe some sympathizers to PF try to ease the pain of a friend by saying "we've all done it".

Maybe we all have, but after a while we need to grow up.

PF is 30 years old, too old to be getting .33 drunk: allegedly, and then driving.

I am sure he is a good guy, but the actions are inexcusable. IF he is a good guy, he wants nor deserves the lending hand of sympathizers.

People in general, drunk or sober, take no caution when driving into construction zones, pull overs by police, or motorist's pulled over for breakdowns etc. The self important drivers just couldn't possibly slow the heck down until they go past a situation. What is the hurry??

IF I was drinking and driving and see police lights, I would be crawling especially if it was a "dark night" and vision was low. Stupid rationale for any accident. Can't see, slow down.

Guest Guest
Thank you, whoever you are!!

You're welcome. You can only sit back and keep your voice quiet while other misinformed people blather on.

This is somewhat similar to the Danek threads. Many people who didn't know anyone involved have something to say about the tragedy. Thats human nature. BCV is a sort of back yard fence for people to talk about what's happening locally and discuss their feelings and thoughts about current events. The more outrageous the occurence, the more outrageous the comments.

the difference here is that people have to willingly SEEK OUT posts here on BCV and read them. I find it interesting that anyone would come here and ask people to not say certain things because family and friends of people in the news are getting upset.

If I were one of those family or friends, I would simply not open the window to a topic if I thought it might be bothersome.

Reading a BCV thread is not in any way similar to overhearing two people talking the next aisle over at the Giant.

So you are imposing YOUR restrictions on these families .. IT'S NOT ABOUT YOU !!!

Guest fjdasl;fdls
I DO.

I've known him since I was 5, and while I don't hate him, or have ever had a reason too, lets just say that his maturity level never raised above 10th grade when it came to drinking. I see him all the time at the RP, and he's still the same kid.

Let us remember Aldo as a man who found enjoyment in helping others in need.. I admit , I couldn't walk in his shoes.. He gave more to the community than he ever took.. He put smiles on peoples faces when they were down and needed help or encouragement.. What would Aldo do , if two families where suffering ?? If I may answer my own question ?? I think he'd try to keep the peace.. It was his job and his desire in life ... It's about the way he lived not died.. If we could only incorporate some of his qualities into our own lives , the world would be a better place to live..........

Guest Guest
So you are imposing YOUR restrictions on these families .. IT'S NOT ABOUT YOU !!!

Restrictions??? What?????

You must be one of the BCV readers who read a chapter into a sentence. I never wrote a single word about "imposing restrictions" nor did I make any implications about that.

My point, if you think you might still be able to grasp it, is that, in threads about a horrendous story like this one, you're bound to see a wide range of posts. Many of them have been kind, understated, compassionate and warmhearted. However, as in the Danek threads, you'll also see some harsh, rude abrasive posts. That's the nature of what goes on here.

If people don't want to read insensitive posts, all they need to do is choose not to open a thread.

Again, if I were a family member of PF or Officer Aldo, I WOULD NOT read a single thread about this on BCV, because I know that eventually I"m going to read something that I find distressing.

Archived