Breaking News - Port Dickinson Police Officer in Critical Condition

Guest Guest

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest country girl2

I was really hoping to hear that he was going to make it, hoping and praying for a miracle. God Bless Aldo and his family, I have been praying for you and will continue to keep you in my prayers. My deepest sympathy.

Guest Port Dickinson Resident

My thoughts and prayers go out to the Rossi family and to the other officers and staff of the Port Dickinson Police Department. Your commitment to the residents of our village is outstanding - your friendliness, care and concern for us makes me feel truly blest to have you. This is such a tragedy for all who knew and did not know Aldo, God rest his soul and God bless his family and those he left behind.

Guest Celt44

Aldo -

You were a great friend and a brother. You never hesitated to help me out when I needed it. You were always the life of the party - especially when you were the one throwing it! Your mother is waiting with open arms. Rest in Peace my friend and brother............

Aldo -

You were a great friend and a brother. You never hesitated to help me out when I needed it. You were always the life of the party - especially when you were the one throwing it! Your mother is waiting with open arms. Rest in Peace my friend and brother............

I'm so sorry for your loss. May God comfort you, and give you strength in this difficult time.

Aldo you will be missed by all. The only comfort I can find in this situation , is knowing that now you are in a place where there is no more pain , no tears , no suffering... You were a man that climbed into the hearts of anyone you came into contact with.. You were and still are an asset to your family and the community. I just pray that the lord gentle touches the hearts of your family and guides them through the grieving period.... Thank you for being a friend.....

@

Guest guest
I worked with Aldo about ten years ago. I was very young and just starting out in advertising...he was one of my clients (budget auto glass) and he was very nice to me. Such a great guy with a wonderful personality and so down-to-earth. My prayers go out to his family!

I didn't know him personally, but I have friends who did..they all say he was a great guy..what a shame..what a terrible shame..

@

Although I did not know him personally I was one of the last few to speak to him befor he passed. May gods peace be with the family, friends and co-workers. He passed doing what he loved to do, helping people. From all the posts on here and comments that I have heard elsewhere Aldo was a great stand up guy that anyone would have wanted for a friend. I wish only the best for his family is this very difficult time. May god bless and I hope everyone takes a little bit of Aldo with them and lives there lives as he would of. I know that the few minutes I spent with him I will remember forever. God bless.

Little did I know a week ago when I ran into him that it would be the last time. He was always happy and smiling. He will be missed. God bless his family and friends both in Deposit and Port Dick.

@

Does anyone know how to contact Aldo's wife?

I'm sure if you send a card to either the Deposit or Port Dickinson Police Departments, they will make sure she gets it. There also will probably have a web address in the obituary when it is in the paper.

@

Guest Angelique

I hope that after the shock & grief wears off ~Officer Rossi's life can be seen as something to emulate.

I didn't have the honor of knowing him but from all the wonderful comments here I sure get a sense that he was an amazing, well respected and very much loved man.

We all are here for a reason, a very limited time.

Seems to me he fulfilled his purpose here and is now with God even though his life was cut way too short.

What a shining example for so many to follow; always help and treat others as you wish to be treated!

He made good choices in life and now is at peace.

I feel so much sadness for those that loved him that remain here without him, prayers to his wife and family for eventual peace in their hearts.

I also feel an overwhelming sadness for Pat. I didn't know him either but know his family who are incredible, loving people.

I am sure that they are grieving for the officer as well as for Pat~ as his life as he knows it, also has ended.

So young to have made such a tragic decision that led to this terrible accident!

While I support 100% his having to face responsibility for his actions~I can not condemn him as a person.

He too has many friends and people that loved & supported him.

I don't think anyone that has ever consumed alcohol & then driven or let someone get in a car knowing they weren't in the best shape to drive can not have some compassion as we all make mistakes as humans.

Hopefully in time there can come good out of this tragedy, please pray that there will be an outcome for both of these families that will result in something positive.

Let Officer Rossi's life legacy as well as Pat's fatal decision never be forgotten so that others may learn and not repeat.

Each of us needs to look at how we conduct ourselves behind the wheel of a car & not be afraid to stop someone else if we see their judgement is too impaired.

I don't drink and drive but I have used my cell phone illegally. Not anymore.

I will relay this horrible accident to my sons so when they drive they will understand the huge responsibility as well as priviledge it is to drive an automobile.

Guest Guest
I hope that after the shock & grief wears off ~Officer Rossi's life can be seen as something to emulate.

I didn't have the honor of knowing him but from all the wonderful comments here I sure get a sense that he was an amazing, well respected and very much loved man.

We all are here for a reason, a very limited time.

Seems to me he fulfilled his purpose here and is now with God even though his life was cut way too short.

What a shining example for so many to follow; always help and treat others as you wish to be treated!

He made good choices in life and now is at peace.

I feel so much sadness for those that loved him that remain here without him, prayers to his wife and family for eventual peace in their hearts.

I also feel an overwhelming sadness for Pat. I didn't know him either but know his family who are incredible, loving people.

I am sure that they are grieving for the officer as well as for Pat~ as his life as he knows it, also has ended.

So young to have made such a tragic decision that led to this terrible accident!

While I support 100% his having to face responsibility for his actions~I can not condemn him as a person.

He too has many friends and people that loved & supported him.

I don't think anyone that has ever consumed alcohol & then driven or let someone get in a car knowing they weren't in the best shape to drive can not have some compassion as we all make mistakes as humans.

Hopefully in time there can come good out of this tragedy, please pray that there will be an outcome for both of these families that will result in something positive.

Let Officer Rossi's life legacy as well as Pat's fatal decision never be forgotten so that others may learn and not repeat.

Each of us needs to look at how we conduct ourselves behind the wheel of a car & not be afraid to stop someone else if we see their judgement is too impaired.

I don't drink and drive but I have used my cell phone illegally. Not anymore.

I will relay this horrible accident to my sons so when they drive they will understand the huge responsibility as well as priviledge it is to drive an automobile.

Yours was a very nice post.

I do, however, want to take issue with just one small part of it.

Saying "knowing they weren't in the best shape to drive" is an incredible understatement. To me, it smacks of the denial that was a large part of PF's problem. Perhaps you didn't intend it this way. I hope not.

Driving with the BAC he had is basically driving while blind drunk. Most people can't even walk with a BAC as high as his was. The vast majority of people who end up behind the wheel of a moving car while that drunk have done it before and have a diagnosable, severe alcoholism problem.

They pulled the plug at 930 tonite and he has passed. rest in peace my friend

o god this is terrible news I am sure god has a plan for his family. the rossi family will be in my prayers.

@

Guest Guest

My thoughts have been with Aldo's family all day....

I know you've all heard this before, (you who still drink and drive) but can't you see, it can happen to you, and eventually your luck will run out, as Fitzie's did...... I'm not an angel - I've driven before when I shouldn't have, I guess, until it hits home, things like this will continue to happen.

When are people going to get it? Alcohol + driving = tragedy. Everyone always says it won't happen them.... Listen to my story - my father was killed at the young age of 42, drinking and driving - he was the most sober to go get more alcohol after a wedding reception.....never returned....I was 21 and his pride and joy..... 2 days before my 30th birthday, my husband of 2 short years, was killed in a car accident - drinking and driving. Neither one involved anyone else but has scarred me for life.... Alcohol is nasty when mixed with a vehicle.

I know you've all heard this before, (you who still drink and drive) but can't you see, it can happen to you, and eventually your luck will run out, as Fitzie's did...... I guess, until it hits home, things like this will continue to happen.

I know what the Rossi's are going through right now, my heart goes out to them.

@

Guest Angelique
Yours was a very nice post.

I do, however, want to take issue with just one small part of it.

Saying "knowing they weren't in the best shape to drive" is an incredible understatement. To me, it smacks of the denial that was a large part of PF's problem. Perhaps you didn't intend it this way. I hope not.

Driving with the BAC he had is basically driving while blind drunk. Most people can't even walk with a BAC as high as his was. The vast majority of people who end up behind the wheel of a moving car while that drunk have done it before and have a diagnosable, severe alcoholism problem.

Please read my post again, no denial as to his responsibility.

I was not referring to this particular instance, in general to others that are here passing harsh judgement but themselves have been in a situation that they probably should have stepped in & not let a person drive.

You don't have to be "blind drunk" to not have the reflexes to make proper driving decisions either.

Sad lessons to have to learn this way by all of us.

@

When I originally posted on page 3, I read that Pat was the one who was driving the car that hit Aldo, and I wanted to wait until I heard for sure before making another comment. This whole situation sucks in multiple ways for me and here is why.

I knew Pat from high school. He was a few years behind me, but I knew him while I was there. I kept in contact with him after high school when he was a bartender at PT Reardons. Why wife and I were regulars in there for dinner until the day it closed. I would not refer to Pat as a friend, but more of an acquaintance. I know Pat never meamt for this to happen, but I do agree with some of the posters who said he made the decision to drive. Now Pat will have to live with this bad decision the rest of his life.

I have also know Aldo for awhile now too. As I mentioned before, I worked with Aldo at Broome Security and that is where I really got to know him. He is all of those things the posters have put down. He was a great guy who was willing to drop everything to help you out and it didn't matter what the problem was. Aldo did police work because he loved to. He did not do it for the money. He was a very successful businessman with Budget Auto Glass. One thing that makes this seem tougher, is that I had just talked to him this past Thrusday and Friday while he was working a funeral detail. Even though we went our different ways and departments, we would still talk and reminisce everytime we ran into one another.

The tough thing for me (and my wife) is knowning that I am put in the same risk everyday that I go to work. Aldo was doing the same job that I do day in and out. It makes one think about how precious life really is. Makes you hug your wife and kids more, look past the stupid arguments, and appreciate the friends that you have. This is something that could have been prevented and should have been prevented.

Once you met Aldo, you were automatically his friend. He treated you with respect, smiled when he said hello and goodbye. I lost not only a friend, but a fellow police officer. The whole world lost out on this tragedy. My thoughts and prayers go out to his wife, father and brothers, along with all the people lives that Aldo touched. Now Aldo can protect everyone from up above.

@

Guest Guest
When I originally posted on page 3, I read that Pat was the one who was driving the car that hit Aldo, and I wanted to wait until I heard for sure before making another comment. This whole situation sucks in multiple ways for me and here is why.

I knew Pat from high school. He was a few years behind me, but I knew him while I was there. I kept in contact with him after high school when he was a bartender at PT Reardons. Why wife and I were regulars in there for dinner until the day it closed. I would not refer to Pat as a friend, but more of an acquaintance. I know Pat never meamt for this to happen, but I do agree with some of the posters who said he made the decision to drive. Now Pat will have to live with this bad decision the rest of his life.

I have also know Aldo for awhile now too. As I mentioned before, I worked with Aldo at Broome Security and that is where I really got to know him. He is all of those things the posters have put down. He was a great guy who was willing to drop everything to help you out and it didn't matter what the problem was. Aldo did police work because he loved to. He did not do it for the money. He was a very successful businessman with Budget Auto Glass. One thing that makes this seem tougher, is that I had just talked to him this past Thrusday and Friday while he was working a funeral detail. Even though we went our different ways and departments, we would still talk and reminisce everytime we ran into one another.

The tough thing for me (and my wife) is knowning that I am put in the same risk everyday that I go to work. Aldo was doing the same job that I do day in and out. It makes one think about how precious life really is. Makes you hug your wife and kids more, look past the stupid arguments, and appreciate the friends that you have. This is something that could have been prevented and should have been prevented.

Once you met Aldo, you were automatically his friend. He treated you with respect, smiled when he said hello and goodbye. I lost not only a friend, but a fellow police officer. The whole world lost out on this tragedy. My thoughts and prayers go out to his wife, father and brothers, along with all the people lives that Aldo touched. Now Aldo can protect everyone from up above.

@

Hearbreaking, SS for the loss of your friend.

@

Guest Guest

My deepest sympathies to the Rossi family. I never met the man, but hearing what people have said about him, there will be a special place above for what seems to be a great person. RIP.

I did however know Bonesy. I'm not even going to try to defend what he did, but my deepest sympathies are with his family right now as well.

@

Guest Guest

There was no reason. Sad situation. Sad to also see for those who kill or hurt via DWI only get a few years in prison. I've known cases that 1 killed 5 and only served 7. He'll get time no doubt about it. When you serve you will reflect, DWI learned the hard way. Big Al, I love you my man.

@

Archived