Can You Be Christian Without Going To Church?

Guest Guest

I suggest you come back to the Church Jesus founded on Peter and stop denying the Word of God. Hopefully, you will revert back. ;)

Read Psalms 118

The stone the builders rejected has become the capstone.

Acts 4: 8-12

Peter was filled with the Holy Spirit. He said, "He is 'the stone you builders rejected, which has become the capstone. Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved."

Jesus is the answer.

Do not be self-righteous, boastful, and smug (2 Corinthians 10:12-14). You are better than that. As a Christian, you should repent. You're job (as a Christian) should be to encourage faith instead of drive people away with your arrogance (1 Samuel 2:3).

I will pray for you.

As for the Catholic Church, I may return or I may not. I take solace in that I am a follower of Jesus Christ the Savior of Mankind.

TWS

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Church Chat
You still deny........shame shame. You deny the Words of Christ. Wow. Not surprised many of the rebellious churches do.

Sure. You can just watch church on TV. Channel 49 I believe.

Read Psalms 118

The stone the builders rejected has become the capstone.

Correct

Acts 4: 8-12

Peter was filled with the Holy Spirit. He said, "He is 'the stone you builders rejected, which has become the capstone. Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved."

Jesus is the answer

Who's denying this?

Do not be self-righteous, boastful, and smug (2 Corinthians 10:12-14).

Certainly not. I spread the TRUTH and attack false teachings.

You are better than that. As a Christian, you should repent. You're job (as a Christian) should be to encourage faith instead of drive people away with your arrogance (1 Samuel 2:3).

The Catholic Church has the FULLNESS of the TRUTH. Rebellious churches lack that fullness. This is not arrogance, but the truth. All other religions are FALSE, per Jesus Christ.

I repent much more than you do. I take part in the SACRAMENTS, which you have turned your back on, because of a priest. Come on.

I will pray for you.

You do not receive the SACRAMENTS any longer. You need my prayers.......

As for the Catholic Church, I may return or I may not.

Your choice. You had the FULLNESS of the truth and left it:

"Tell me, I pray, if any Jew or pagan denied the Creed of the Catholic faith, should you think that we ought to listen to him? Most certainly not. What if a heretic or an apostate does the same? Still less should we listen to him, for it is worse for a man to forsake the truth which he has known, than to deny it without ever having known it."

St. John Cassian ("On The Incarnation," early 5th century A.D.)

I take solace in that I am a follower of Jesus Christ the Savior of Mankind.

TWS

You left the Church He founded and turned your back on His Sacraments of Grace that He gave to His Church. I will certainly pray for you....

"Tell me, I pray, if any Jew or pagan denied the Creed of the Catholic faith, should you think that we ought to listen to him? Most certainly not. What if a heretic or an apostate does the same? Still less should we listen to him, for it is worse for a man to forsake the truth which he has known, than to deny it without ever having known it."

St. John Cassian ("On The Incarnation," early 5th century A.D.)

I am sure there is some significance in what you quoted above. However, there are four words to answer your above quote - Not from the Bible. :D

Unfortunately, you are not able to provide a Biblical explanation to back your assertions.

Psalm 36:2-4 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_...context=context

Repent.

BTW - Not that I need to explain myself (as no other Christian should have to) but what Sacraments am I missing?

TWS

I am sure there is some significance in what you quoted above. However, there are four words to answer your above quote - Not from the Bible. :D

TWS

Since you don't belong to the Catholic Church, you would HAVE to deny this. This is FROM THE BIBLE:

Matthew 16:17-20

17Jesus replied, "Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by man, but by my Father in heaven. 18And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it. 19I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven." 20Then he warned his disciples not to tell anyone that he was the Christ.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?searc...amp;version=31;

Jesus built HIS Church on PETER and no one else. Peter was the FIRST POPE.

You left the Lord's Church. That is FAR WORSE than anything I have done on these boards!

Shame, Shame - I know your name. Not very Christ-like behavior. Be not boastful, self-righteous, and smug (as evidenced by your "lol" comments).

Read - 1 Corinthians 13 1-7 as this is what we talked about today in Church. Apparently, you have nothing. Repent.

Funny, the post directly above is also what we talked about at Church today.

TWS

Without TRUTH, you cannot have LOVE. Thanks for judging me wrong.

Maybe you should take part in the SACRAMENTS of the Lord? Just reading scripture WILL NOT get you into heaven. :blink:

Guest Guestss

Your answer about Homosexual priests."What do their personal sins have to do with Holy Orders and teachings of the faith?

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? It's called HYPROCRITES! It's dishonest a charade and you know it. You play around with your words while posting that mean absolutely nothing when the truth be known as to the way your truly think.

Your narcissism is akin to sin as that is not who you are to glorify. SHAME!

Your answer about Homosexual priests."What do their personal sins have to do with Holy Orders and teachings of the faith?

The sacraments the priest presides over have nothing to do with the priest himself. Those graces are from God.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? It's called HYPROCRITES! It's dishonest a charade and you know it. You play around with your words while posting that mean absolutely nothing when the truth be known as to the way your truly think.

Your narcissism is akin to sin as that is not who you are to glorify. SHAME!

Priests are sinners. Homosexual acts are MORTAL sins. If unconfessed and unrepented before death, they will go to hell.

Maybe you should take part in the SACRAMENTS of the Lord? Just reading scripture WILL NOT get you into heaven. :blink:

I am not judging, rather observing. It is fairly obvious to see.

My Christian duty is to help a fellow Christian. Judging, that is God's business.

Psalm 23 - http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?searc...amp;version=31; - I am not afraid as He is with me.

TWS

What a bunch of crap. An institution covers up MORTAL sins (also known in the secular lexicon as CRIMES against children), and passes it off as being Okey Dokey....the sacraments given you are blessed and pure, although the hand that blesses them is tarnished with sin and debauchery.

Plain old bu11$h1t. Walks like a duck, quacks like a duck......

What a bunch of crap. An institution covers up MORTAL sins (also known in the secular lexicon as CRIMES against children), and passes it off as being Okey Dokey....the sacraments given you are blessed and pure, although the hand that blesses them is tarnished with sin and debauchery.

Plain old bu11$h1t. Walks like a duck, quacks like a duck......

A priest's sinfulness does not stop an action of God. ELEMENTARY.

I am not judging, rather observing. It is fairly obvious to see.

You said I have no love. That is JUDGING a person's heart. YOU CAN"T DO THAT.

My Christian duty is to help a fellow Christian. Judging, that is God's business.

YOUR FIRST Christian duty is to BELONG to the Church Jesus founded on Peter, per scripture. You have failed in that regard.

Psalm 23 - I am not afraid as He is with me.

TWS

You should be afraid..YOU DON'T take part in the SACRAMENTS any longer. INCLUDING CONFESSION the way Christ wanted us to confess. One unconfessed MORTAL SIN will send you to hell, no matter what.

Would you be a Christian without the bible? I would, the first Christians were. :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

You only believe in the written Word of God, not the COMPLETE Word of GOD.

You said I have no love. That is JUDGING a person's heart. YOU CAN"T DO THAT.

YOUR FIRST Christian duty is to BELONG to the Church Jesus founded on Peter, per scripture. You have failed in that regard.

You should be afraid..YOU DON'T take part in the SACRAMENTS any longer. INCLUDING CONFESSION the way Christ wanted us to confess. One unconfessed MORTAL SIN will send you to hell, no matter what.

Confession: James 5:16 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?searc...&version=31

Helping others: Galatians 6:1-6 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?searc...amp;version=31;

TWS

my in-laws are (at their own description) devout Catholics who go to church every sunday, Pray the Rosary, and give the impression that they are the most HOLY of them all...yet, they are the most cruel, rude, insensitive, self serving, materialistic and vindictive people I have ever met!!!!!

I would have to say that not all that go to church every Sunday faithfully are TRUE Christains.....Hypocisy rules--especially in this family!!!!!!!

How are you showing love? Instead - Self-righteous and boastful actions and words. I am trying to help save you from yourself.

I know Scripture isn't going to get me into heaven, but it is a good place to start. Knowing the Word is knowing Him.

Repent. http://www.gospel.com/topics/confessing+sin

TWS

Confession, per Christ:

John 20:22-23

22And with that he breathed on them ( APOSTLES) and said, "Receive the Holy Spirit. 23If you forgive anyone his sins, they are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven."

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?searc...&version=31

Loving your neighbor is what I do. Showing them the TRUTH and revealing false "Christian" teachings. Example: Sola Scriptura is a heresy.

You pronounce all these verses, but you IGNORE SCRIPTURE and SEPARATED yourself from Christ's Church. Why? Answer that FIRST.

The EUCHARIST is the SOURCE and SUMMIT of ALL Christian life. Why don't you partake of it?

How are you showing love? Instead - Self-righteous and boastful actions and words. I am trying to help save you from yourself.

I know Scripture isn't going to get me into heaven, but it is a good place to start. Knowing the Word is knowing Him.

Repent. http://www.gospel.com/topics/confessing+sin

TWS

Without TRUTH, you cannot have LOVE. All you would have is LIES. The Catholic Church has the FULLNESS of that truth. That is reality.

Confession, per Christ:

John 20:22-23

22And with that he breathed on them ( APOSTLES) and said, "Receive the Holy Spirit. 23If you forgive anyone his sins, they are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven."

You have proven nothing other than what I have been stating. Confess your sins to God.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?searc...&version=31

Loving your neighbor is what I do. Showing them the TRUTH and revealing false "Christian" teachings. Example: Sola Scriptura is a heresy.

So the you rely on the teaching of Catholic authority. As you say, it is interpreted through "sacred tradition".

I say my job is to evangelize as stated in the New Testament (kindly see Matthew and Mark). Bible has definitive role in my faith. The Scriptures are infallible.

I say Tomato, you say tomato. Tomato, tomato.

TWS

Here is an interesting link written by a Protestant minister regarding a Christian's duty to attend church ...

http://voiceofvision.blogspot.com/2006/02/...-must-read.html

I'm not sure how to hyper link this but if you copy it to your browser I think it will work.

While I don't agree with everything he says it may be beneficial to some.

(It works! Just click on the link.)

Guest Guestss

Narcissistic fits. The attention this person gets from his position of sitting on a throne over his lowly people is a hoot. A quick answer to all gives it some sort of screwed up power it doesn't get in day to day life with reality.

The best laugh so far is your answer, "Matters not who stands in the alter of God." I guess meaning a sinner priest is no different than a pedophile or ,Aunt Mary, the grocer, or any sinner at all cause the sacraments of God having nothing to do with the person. Look in the mirror if you're not afraid, you have serious issues.

This board is a good past time and never fails to amuse.

Here is an interesting link written by a Protestant minister regarding a Christian's duty to attend church ...

http://voiceofvision.blogspot.com/2006/02/...-must-read.html

I'm not sure how to hyper link this but if you copy it to your browser I think it will work.

While I don't agree with everything he says it may be beneficial to some.

(It works! Just click on the link.)

Wow. A minister advocates people go to church. Why, it's almost as if he senses if people do not attend church, the church cannot collect money from them. Interesting.

I wrote the church article, I am sorry you react that way as a first thought. Perhaps you should read it before you attack it as "all about the money". As well, there are over 50 articles dealing with the same subject on the site. I will add the links into the first article for you to view should anyone desire to be more informed. Growing to love Jesus more means also growing to love His people more.

Grace and Peace,

J.D. Hatfield

I wrote the church article, .....[...] .....

Grace and Peace,

J.D. Hatfield

Pastor, your input is more than welcome!

Unfortunately in the view of one Catholic contributor who dominates these threads you are merely another 'prot' whose every sentiment it would seem can be dismissed as heretical.

Archived