Can You Be Christian Without Going To Church?

Guest Guest

HehHeh! I would have thought it was obvious. When one of these 'liars' says that you (Uncle Geo) speak the truth, will you again call them "liar" for saying that?

Not sure I'd be taking too much comfort from that. Bugs might inhabit unsavory places, with little telescopes. mrgreen2qn.gif

Yes, I will continue to refer to anything K of D writes as lies because nothing he writes has any value. He is a self proclaimed Liar ... several times. If he told me 2 + 2 = 4 I'd have to question his statement. He lies ... He's admitted to lying ... He is not to be taken seriously anymore ... His statements have their own lying agenda .... Am I getting my message through to you yet?

I must admit that you have surprised me once again with your support of these liars. Should I be concerned?

Bugs with telescopes ... That's a good one but something that doesn't make much sense. Let them look at me all they want. They will find a flawed and sinful human being with plenty of history he's not proud to admit to .... Do you expect anything else, in yet another insinuation?

I must admit, once again, to taking pleasure out of watching the antics of K of D (perhaps it should be called K of L?) and satan as they scurried about, trying to figure out what was going on.

BTW ... I'll get back to your lengthy post in the Ash Wed. thread in a bit ... In my own "ignorant" way I'm trying to digest and understand all you have said before I respond.

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Knight of Darkness
The one thing many of you aren't aware of is location. Being mislead if ignored.

Do you know who Uncle Geo is? And if he is also deficient?

Why was the name mentioned but wasn't allowed? Have all noticed how low AFC has become. It borders on sleaze to it's attackers. The mental part mentioned by one who know this person is showing now more than ever before. AFC denies the possiblity of anyone knowing it's true idenity and why would that be? There is a good answer for that.

As I asked before, who made that person the world's foremost authority on AFC? Never did get an answer.

Now you've decided to join in, claiming to have "a good answer for that." If you have any info let's get it out into the light and examine its' value.

I don't believe that you have any answers at all ... just words to make you feel important ... to yourself.

Get up on the porch with K of D ...

Why was the name mentioned but wasn't allowed?

It wasn't. Please keep up!

Have all noticed how low AFC has become. It borders on sleaze to it's attackers.

You mean MY attackers??? Me, low? Don't think so. People like you hate it when I turn things around on others.

The mental part mentioned by one who know this person is showing now more than ever before.

The only mental one is you. You make wild statements with nothing to back it up. Get a grip.

AFC denies the possiblity of anyone knowing it's true idenity and why would that be? There is a good answer for that.

Hey liar, I never have said anything of the sort. The thing is, I just don't care! Is that hard to understand? This is not about me. The message is still the same.

Grow up.

Guest Guest
Yes you are still a Christian. Besides why spend your life hanging with a bunch of know it all hypocrites anyway? Where in the bible does it say man must attend church or face Hell for eternity? :huh:

Besides why spend your life hanging with a bunch of know it all hypocrites anyway?

Sound a lot like a description of AFC to me!!!

Guest Non Church Believer
Besides why spend your life hanging with a bunch of know it all hypocrites anyway?

Sound a lot like a description of AFC to me!!!

My point exactly :angry:

Yes, I will continue to refer to anything K of D writes as lies because nothing he writes has any value. He is a self proclaimed Liar ... several times. If he told me 2 + 2 = 4 I'd have to question his statement. He lies ... He's admitted to lying ... He is not to be taken seriously anymore ... His statements have their own lying agenda .... Am I getting my message through to you yet?

In whatever form offers, the opportunity to come up for air from much that is absurd here and take a 'levity break' once in a while is irresistible. In that spirit I took a moment aside to savor the potential irony that awaits in 'lying about lying'. It was a playful dalliance not in alignment but in logic for its own sake. Am I getting my message through to you?

I must admit that you have surprised me once again with your support of these liars. Should I be concerned?

You speak of adding 2 + 2. Are you yourself not arriving at 5? I have neither stated nor enacted a position regard to KoD's "lies". You have jumped to your own conclusion about that. It is conceivable that by appearing to believe that 2 + 2 = 5 you seek to draw me out on that issue. I'll save you the trouble. KoD appears to want to break a cycle of dour solemnity that has arguably plagued too many of these threads already. His way is to opt for irony. But he showed the sense and courtesy to announce that intent at the outset. In that spirit his lying is 'self-confessed' as you put it. Is it disappointing that you take him literally about that? Probably. Is it surprising that you take him literally about that? Not necessarily. It depends on your agenda. Should you be concerned? Not if you put what I've told you into perspective.

Bugs with telescopes ... That's a good one but something that doesn't make much sense. Let them look at me all they want. They will find a flawed and sinful human being with plenty of history he's not proud to admit to .... Do you expect anything else, in yet another insinuation?

Again Uncle Geo you seem to add 2 + 2 and make more than 4 out of it. Not everything I write is meant to be ten layers deep. Hence my rare use of that impish emoticon that accompanied it. You likened others here to being like bugs under your microscope. On reflection, doesn't that come across as sounding a little pompous? I was counterpointing that playfully. Or do you see me too as a "bug under your microscope"? I can stop being playful at the drop of a slur. But you probably know that already.

I must admit, once again, to taking pleasure out of watching the antics of K of D (perhaps it should be called K of L?) and satan as they scurried about, trying to figure out what was going on.

Don't tell anyone, but they're probably getting just as much pleasure out of it as you are. So everybody's happy! Where's the problem?

BTW ... I'll get back to your lengthy post in the Ash Wed. thread in a bit ... In my own "ignorant" way I'm trying to digest and understand all you have said before I respond.

No rush.

I note your allusion to "ignorant". I do hope you understand my disclaimer in parentheses that preceded that proverb. After posting, it occurred to me that you might mistake that proverb to be directed at you personally. It is not meant that way. THAT'S WHY I went to the trouble to re-open that post and edit-in that 'generic' disclaimer. I hope at least that much is clear.

Yes you are still a Christian. Besides why spend your life hanging with a bunch of know it all hypocrites anyway? Where in the bible does it say man must attend church or face Hell for eternity? :huh:

How are you supposed to follow the commands of the Lord, when you can only do some of them in a PROPER Church?

Guess what? The Apostles started Apostolic Sees and bishoprics "everywhere they went" and they spoke and acted FOR CHRIST. These still exist today in the Catholic and Orthodox Faiths.

You can claim you are a Christian, but not in the FULLEST sense of the meaning. ;)

Why is it that no one ever talks about the Catholic binges that occurred immediately after the death of Pope John Paul? It was widely reported in newspapers around the world, but was rarely mentioned by the press here.

In Vatican City, in the interim between Pope John Paul's death and the election of his replacement, unsupervised Catholics seized the opportunity to sin without fear of reprisal. For two weeks, it was like Mardi Gras. People were drinking, cursing and engaging in premarital or even extramarital sex. When Vatican officials said the final "Amen" at the pope's funeral, you could feel something change in the air. Someone was even heard to cry out "festa!" Catholic women began going wild, running topless in the streets. A Catholic friend of mine told me at the time --"When I heard the pope was dead, the first thing I thought about, besides how much the great man will be missed, was the big bloody steak I was going to eat on Friday."

This is a joke, right?

In whatever form offers, the opportunity to come up for air from much that is absurd here and take a 'levity break' once in a while is irresistible. In that spirit I took a moment aside to savor the potential irony that awaits in 'lying about lying'. It was a playful dalliance not in alignment but in logic for its own sake. Am I getting my message through to you?

You speak of adding 2 + 2. Are you yourself not arriving at 5? I have neither stated nor enacted a position regard to KoD's "lies". You have jumped to your own conclusion about that. It is conceivable that by appearing to believe that 2 + 2 = 5 you seek to draw me out on that issue. I'll save you the trouble. KoD appears to want to break a cycle of dour solemnity that has arguably plagued too many of these threads already. His way is to opt for irony. But he showed the sense and courtesy to announce that intent at the outset. In that spirit his lying is 'self-confessed' as you put it. Is it disappointing that you take him literally about that? Probably. Is it surprising that you take him literally about that? Not necessarily. It depends on your agenda. Should you be concerned? Not if you put what I've told you into perspective.

Again Uncle Geo you seem to add 2 + 2 and make more than 4 out of it. Not everything I write is meant to be ten layers deep. Hence my rare use of that impish emoticon that accompanied it. You likened others here to being like bugs under your microscope. On reflection, doesn't that come across as sounding a little pompous? I was counterpointing that playfully. Or do you see me too as a "bug under your microscope"? I can stop being playful at the drop of a slur. But you probably know that already.

Don't tell anyone, but they're probably getting just as much pleasure out of it as you are. So everybody's happy! Where's the problem?

No rush.

I note your allusion to "ignorant". I do hope you understand my disclaimer in parentheses that preceded that proverb. After posting, it occurred to me that you might mistake that proverb to be directed at you personally. It is not meant that way. THAT'S WHY I went to the trouble to re-open that post and edit-in that 'generic' disclaimer. I hope at least that much is clear.

Jon ... Thanks for clearing things up a little for me. As you can tell, I sometimes have a bit of trouble discerning an actual attempt at leg pulling vs. real, but hidden nastiness. It probably comes from many years of dealing with people who were, shall we say, not very forthright.

I will get to your post with even more enthusiasism now ... Though I'll have to learn to read your emoticoms, I guess ...

That being said ... Perhaps you personally know K of D and satan and that's why you think that they are just having fun. Sorry to disagree on that point. I think that they try to affect a posture of prankishness only when they are left with no other options. Their attacks on AFC go far beyond what I would consider playfullness. K of D did not announce his playful intent at the outset of his posts ... he did not claim to being a liar until he was proved to be one. Then he tried to brush it off with a statement of admission. Unfortunately you have had to witness that I too can stop being "playful at the drop of a slur." Lamentably, I don't see this changing with them any time soon.

Guest Guestss

Go back to the beginning if you want and see the change in AFC.

The backlash has gotten to "IT."

Holier Than Thou is nothing more than a nutcase with baggage.

Go back to the beginning if you want and see the change in AFC.

The backlash has gotten to "IT."

Holier Than Thou is nothing more than a nutcase with baggage.

This is not about me. These are not my teachings I post. Nut case? You just haven't interacted with people with strong faith. It's foreign to you, so you chalk it up as a case of mental deficiency.

Guest Guest
Why is it that no one ever talks about the Catholic binges that occurred immediately after the death of Pope John Paul? It was widely reported in newspapers around the world, but was rarely mentioned by the press here.

In Vatican City, in the interim between Pope John Paul's death and the election of his replacement, unsupervised Catholics seized the opportunity to sin without fear of reprisal. For two weeks, it was like Mardi Gras. People were drinking, cursing and engaging in premarital or even extramarital sex. When Vatican officials said the final "Amen" at the pope's funeral, you could feel something change in the air. Someone was even heard to cry out "festa!" Catholic women began going wild, running topless in the streets. A Catholic friend of mine told me at the time --"When I heard the pope was dead, the first thing I thought about, besides how much the great man will be missed, was the big bloody steak I was going to eat on Friday."

No one wants to talk about it because the catholic church is too embarrassed.

Guest Guest

:huh:

Guest Knight of Darkness
Uncle Geo, perhaps your association with these threads does not extend back this far? ....

Besides, consider my location.

Jon, I've been away for a few days, but caught up in my reading now. Thank you for producing that link, I had actually forgotten that interchange.

I could hardly have imagined making a ridiculous claim like possessing a 200+ IQ (there are likely less than a half dozen people in the world in that category, Marilyn Vos Savant being perhaps the most famous example) would have been taken as anything more than a joke. And I do like to joke. ;) I was using exaggeration to poke some fun at Uncle Geo's citing the Merriam-Webster dictionary to me. Obviously it was lost on him, and he took it literally as if I actually believed such an absurd claim.

Uncle Geo, since you've deigned to share with us your hatred of liars, let me tell you what I detest. I loathe bullies in all forms, be it physical or intellectual, and AFC is one of the worst in the latter category I've come across. He indulges himself in egotistically driven pyrotechnics by carpet bombing this board with quotes, and displays the utmost rudeness and discourtesy toward anyone who disagrees with him, no matter how politely the disagreement is phrased. He uses cheap tricks of sophistry, including distorting what others say when he has no good answer to them. In fact he proudly admits to using sophistry, claiming he is being clever. Here is a dictionary definition of sophist you may find interesting:

"a person who reasons adroitly and speciously rather than soundly"

That hardly represents the Catholic Church very well.

As for your claim to have Satan and myself as bugs under a microscope, to me that has a tinge of the same kind of egotism and pomposity as displayed by AFC. But if you're sincere in your detestation of liars, I can at least understand your desire to have the upper hand in that manner. I would suggest to you that you carefully consider what sort of ally AFC really is, sure, he can wow some people with his quote-alanches, but at the same time, he is only half-smart, not truly smart. Otherwise he would have no need to resort to the chicanery of a sophist.

Jon, I've been away for a few days, but caught up in my reading now. Thank you for producing that link, I had actually forgotten that interchange.

I could hardly have imagined making a ridiculous claim like possessing a 200+ IQ (there are likely less than a half dozen people in the world in that category, Marilyn Vos Savant being perhaps the most famous example) would have been taken as anything more than a joke. And I do like to joke. ;) I was using exaggeration to poke some fun at Uncle Geo's citing the Merriam-Webster dictionary to me. Obviously it was lost on him, and he took it literally as if I actually believed such an absurd claim.

Uncle Geo, since you've deigned to share with us your hatred of liars, let me tell you what I detest. I loathe bullies in all forms, be it physical or intellectual, and AFC is one of the worst in the latter category I've come across. He indulges himself in egotistically driven pyrotechnics by carpet bombing this board with quotes, and displays the utmost rudeness and discourtesy toward anyone who disagrees with him, no matter how politely the disagreement is phrased. He uses cheap tricks of sophistry, including distorting what others say when he has no good answer to them. In fact he proudly admits to using sophistry, claiming he is being clever. Here is a dictionary definition of sophist you may find interesting:

"a person who reasons adroitly and speciously rather than soundly"

That hardly represents the Catholic Church very well.

As for your claim to have Satan and myself as bugs under a microscope, to me that has a tinge of the same kind of egotism and pomposity as displayed by AFC. But if you're sincere in your detestation of liars, I can at least understand your desire to have the upper hand in that manner. I would suggest to you that you carefully consider what sort of ally AFC really is, sure, he can wow some people with his quote-alanches, but at the same time, he is only half-smart, not truly smart. Otherwise he would have no need to resort to the chicanery of a sophist.

I have very good answers to any attack on the teachings and dogma of the Catholic Faith. People LIKE you and your diaper clad buddy, satan, try to divert attention from the truth I put forth. People see through that nonsense. Obviously, you do not believe in a right and wrong. Guess what? Christ does. Since He does, I do too. Sometimes the truth hurts people's feelings. I can't help that.

By the way, I CAN'T represent the Catholic Church, but I can put forth the TRUTH it holds dear! :blink: :blink: :blink:

Archived