Can You Be Christian Without Going To Church?

Guest Guest

Jon --

I believe you will need music for this dance. I have a wide selection available. Let me know your preference and I will crank it up for you. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If I decided to become a Jew, would you still call me a Catholic? No, you wouldn't. Why not? Because my belief system has changed. I am still the SAME PERSON.

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The words MUSLIM, JEW, and PROTESTANT describe PEOPLE'S FAITH PRACTICES and BELIEF SYSTEMS, not the people themselves.

Muslims are the people. Islam is their FAITH PRACTICE and BELIEF SYSTEM.

Jews are the people. Judaism is their FAITH PRACTICE and BELIEF SYSTEM.

Protestants are the people. Christianity is their FAITH PRACTICE and BELIEF SYSTEM.

Catholics are the people. Christianity is their FAITH PRACTICE and BELIEF SYSTEM.

This is supposed to be your pet field. Do try to get it right.

If I decided to become a Jew, would you still call me a Catholic? No, you wouldn't. Why not? Because my belief system has changed. I am still the SAME PERSON.

If you were Jewish, I would call you a Jew.

If you were a Christian (not applicable to you right now, of course), I would call you a Christian.

If you were a Protestant, I would call you a Protestant.

Now, if I wanted to disrespect someone's BELIEF (which you have previously stated people should do to non-Catholic religions, I would refer to their belief as Judaism, Christianity, Catholicism, etc.

If I wanted to disrespect PEOPLE (as you continually do), I would use slang terms that are known to be offensive, such as "prots." And then, if I wanted to be weasely, I would show mock surprise at those who call me on it and claim I am using it only as shorthand.

Protestants are the people. Christianity is their FAITH PRACTICE and BELIEF SYSTEM.

Catholics are the people. Christianity is their FAITH PRACTICE and BELIEF SYSTEM.

You are going to need a very long song for the 20-page dance that is coming from AFC, Jon. I'll call the caterer. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

People are called MUSLIMS, JEWS, and CHRISTIANS because of their FAITH BELIEFS and nothing else.

If you were Jewish, I would call you a Jew.

That would be correct, because of my BELIEF SYSTEM and nothing else.

If you were a Christian (not applicable to you right now, of course), I would call you a Christian.

Catholics are the ORIGINAL Christians. Yes, I am a Christian.

If you were a Protestant, I would call you a Protestant.

Because of my belief system and nothing else.

Now, if I wanted to disrespect someone's BELIEF (which you have previously stated people should do to non-Catholic religions, I would refer to their belief as Judaism, Christianity, Catholicism, etc.

You have it wrong again! Jesus HIMSELF said that all other religions are FALSE. Do you respect false teachings? I don't. I respect the people, but attack false beliefs and doctrines. This includes, especially, false teachings amongst the Christian Faith.

Many Muslim people are nice people, but they follow a FALSE PROPHET, muhammed. Why is he false? Because his beliefs CONFLICT with those of Jesus Christ. According to Jesus Christ, they have NO SALVATION because they reduce Him to a mere prophet and Jesus was God.

If I wanted to disrespect PEOPLE (as you continually do), I would use slang terms that are known to be offensive, such as "prots." And then, if I wanted to be weasely, I would show mock surprise at those who call me on it and claim I am using it only as shorthand.

You just don't like my shorthand.

Let the dance resume! (Mr Music, if you please .....)

Your chronic false claim that 'prots' is "shorthand" has been blown clean out of the water because time and again you single out ONLY the word "Protestants" for shortening and de-capitalizing, while it is surrounded by many other words that you could "shorthand" just as easily with just as much reason, yet never do.

Let the danced resume! (Mr Music, if you please .....)

Your chronic false claim that 'prots' is "shorthand" has been blown clean out of the water because time and again you single out ONLY the word "Protestants" for shortening and de-capitalizing, while it is surrounded by many other words that you could "shorthand" just as easily with just as much reason, yet never do.

I use that word so much, it is shorthand!

I use that word so much, it is shorthand!

You use plenty of other words even more often without shortening or de-capitalizing them.

No, you're not fooling anybody. You single out the word 'Protestants' for special treatment ... debasement.

Guest Guestss to Jeepguy

I know the story been there seen that to many times.

I have to say AFC may very well have the same agenda like Pharmaceutical companies.

In other words play up the role, it can only be one way or you're doomed. It brings in the money and there you have it. It has nothing to do with souls and sins they just make you feel guilty about it all..."Guilt" the favored word they use.

Your story about being a Christian and being unable to attend etc., shoots AFC's faith undeniable where it belongs.

The drug companies and doctors, same agenda. They don't want to listen to nutrition and healthy foods and vitamins, why accept that when they want to push drugs which make money for them and the companies, it's called greasing the palm.

Ah, when you people all get it straight, you'll be able to block out the scam no matter what business you're speaking of and yes CHURCH is one of them! They all have an agenda, face it.

You kid no one with the whole "shorthand" crap. For a man who loves to post pages and pages of words, it's fascinating you feel using a derogatory "shorthand" for Protestants is a valid argument.

I have a shorthand word for you. Care to guess what it is?

I know the story been there seen that to many times. I have to say AFC may very well have the same agenda like Pharmaceutical companies.

Nope. Not in it for the MONEY.

In other words play up the role, it can only be one way or you're doomed.

There is only ONE TRUTH and ONE way to heaven, per Jesus Christ.

It brings in the money and there you have it. It has nothing to do with souls and sins they just make you feel guilty about it all..."Guilt" the favored word they use.

Trying to get the truth out.

Your story about being a Christian and being unable to attend etc., shoots AFC's faith undeniable where it belongs.

Wrong. Under NORMAL circumstances, you must attend Mass. Having a severe illness or disability and cannot make it to Mass is excusable. Those people would still be obligated to partake of the Sacraments by a visiting priest or with just Communion, a Eucharistic Minister. It is not the norm for the people.

The drug companies and doctors, same agenda. They don't want to listen to nutrition and healthy foods and vitamins, why accept that when they want to push drugs which make money for them and the companies, it's called greasing the palm.

Ah, when you people all get it straight, you'll be able to block out the scam no matter what business you're speaking of and yes CHURCH is one of them! They all have an agenda, face it.

The Church has an agenda in helping saving souls and fighting evil.

Let the dance resume! (Mr Music, if you please .....)

Jon -

I would recommend "Funeral for a Friend." It is a long song and it seems appropriate since AFC seems to be slowly dying here! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest Guestss

AH yes, you have an agenda but only you are aware of what it is.

Far as I can recall the Homosexual Priests wanted us to believe them too, interesting. Standing at an alter play acting and spouting the same words you do, yes, you're so fine.

But at least I can say in your behalf you do it faceless, not quite so phony most have your number, those priests they had an agenda didn't they? Sadly they were believed by many poor souls who marched to the collection plate. It is bottom line big business.

Do me a favor if you have the time, can you state the worth of the Vatican on down, such impressive figures for a business.

I am standing FIRM as always. Hahahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You wish I would go away. You are simply scared of the TRUTH is all.

Oh, yes. I am soooooo scared. I am trembling uncontrollably. You have really instilled the fear of God in me for not following your bigotry laden words. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am sure you want me to go away. It must be hard having your faults continuously pointed out to you.

But, hey --- good news, my little chalice. It turns out you are right! I checked numerous religious documents.

Jesus often said -- "Yeah. Go and post hatred and disdain for your fellow Christians on the internet. Make sure to use derogatory terms -- especially prots. Do this in remembrance of me." "Oh, and oh yea -- remember -- the Catholic church is #1 !!! Hooo- raaaa!"

Yes, I agree, Uncle Geo ... let's be specific.

Most of us have tracked A Faithful Catholic through 185 pages (yes pages) that I know of for certain. Perhaps we can be qualified to "make a judgment referring to his previous posts" ... 185 pages of posts and replies ... 'specifics' on which to form an impression. Do you assume that the 'Guest' you have just addressed only dropped in today? Perhaps you are a new arrival yourself in threads involving A Faithful Catholic. Your present call sign seems to suggest that.

There is something antisocial about A Faithful Catholic's approach to people that has not endeared him to many. He has antagonized a lot of people a lot of times. Needlessly. In that respect he's his own worst enemy. No matter what message he pushes now, whether Religion or Rock n' Roll it would be the same.

That's what attracts the negativity you deplore. Do you really believe that A Faithful Catholic has a better grasp of everything than those whom he scorns?

Stop take a deep breath and think about what I am about to say. Without AFC's post, this would be one boring BC Voice. It stirs up a lot of discussions--good or bad. As I said, without AFC this board would be a total dud. :(

Jon, I just stumbled back on this ... I'm not trying to prolong argument, but I think it's important to express my opinion, flawed as it may be, regarding AFC positions.

I happen to be Catholic. And as a Catholic I take exception to many of the prejudicial statements I read here. That being said, I recognize the right of each person to have their own opinion even while believing in the fullness of my Faith.

It is also my belief, that in matters of Faith, AFC gives an accurate account of Catholic doctrine. (I only wish I could be so knowledgeable.)

I am not new to this board, only my "call sign" has changed ... I've been around for quite a while, but what I'm seeing now is the opportunity for civil discourse and an exchange of ideas descending into unprofitable bickering and arguing all because someone feels "antagonized" by the way someone else posts. It's a senseless response and serves no purpose other than to invite a continuing and similar sniping remark, ad nauseum. (e.g. 30 pages of "I got you for using this or that word"... "No you didn't" ... what a waste!)

And you, Jon, should know better. I've read many of your posts and admire your grasp of so many subjects but you keep on getting sucked into this vortex of picayune squabbling. Why? Only you can answer that but it would be so much more rewarding to read your thoughts on the "higher" topics. ( I admit that is selfish on my part ... sorry)

Well said Uncle Geo. This is the first intelligent response I have read. Thank you :rolleyes:

Oh, yes. I am soooooo scared. I am trembling uncontrollably. You have really instilled the fear of God in me for not following your bigotry laden words. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You just deny the truth I say.

I am sure you want me to go away.

Not really. You provide GOOD entertainment, not great though.

It must be hard having your faults continuously pointed out to you.

Nope. We all have faults. Never claimed I was perfect. When it comes to Christianity I strive to be perfect and can back up everything I say.

But, hey --- good news, my little chalice. It turns out you are right! I checked numerous religious documents.

Apparently not. That is why you are still in that government founded church and it's offspring.

Jesus often said -- "Yeah. Go and post hatred and disdain for your fellow Christians on the internet. Make sure to use derogatory terms -- especially prots. Do this in remembrance of me."

Nope. He said spread the truth. That is why I attack FALSE TEACHINGS of other "churches" because those teachings are leading people to hell.

"Oh, and oh yea -- remember -- the Catholic church is #1 !!! Hooo- raaaa!"

Jesus founded His Church on Peter. Peter was the first pope!

Archived