The noose avatar

Guest wonderer

I think the whole avatar thing is going a tad overboard.....

I have so far seen a cats eye avatar= scary...change it

Austrilia avatar= makes me think of Steve Irwin...change it

A golden Chalice= Jesus...change it.

Billy the Kid avatar= cowboys scare me....change it.

A pair of pugs= overpriced puppies....change it.

Get the point.

No......I didn't think so.

This is funny. Maybe I'll alternate with different cat's eyes. But wait, the face on your avatar is very scary...change it. :lol:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest noose mystery
All points well taken and personally it wouldn't particularly bother me.

I'd just wonder what its user is trying to convey with it.

"Whites are superior to blacks and that's a fact." -- This is a quote from another thread posted by Misanthrope...the poster with the noose avatar....perhaps this will clear up the question at hand.

"Whites are superior to blacks and that's a fact." -- This is a quote from another thread posted by Misanthrope...the poster with the noose avatar....perhaps this will clear up the question at hand.

Yuk! Whoever said "you don't want to know" about why the noose is an avatar was right. That's downright lowly and backwards if you ask me.

Then here's more of it.......

Wrap, believe me, I'm not picking a fight with you...post away, but tone it down...same advice I offered to Marius several times. It's all a distraction to what you're really trying to say. I have a coworker that skips over your posts, same as I do, because your graphics are too busy and nauseating. Pick something different...I'll gladly read you. BTW, my avatar is a couple of my old fossils that have long since died...choose something close to your heart!

HELP!

Sorry to be a pain everyone, but I have another serious technical question. Someone here at a more advanced level of computer wizardry than mine might be able to shed some light on it for me.

Here goes:

A few posts back I mentioned some bizarre incompatibilities between BCV site software and my browser (I guess). I've noticed you all talking here as though you can see each other's avatars. The ONLY avatar I can see here is MY OWN!

It gets more weird ... when I first load the page, momentarily I DO see empty place-markers where I presume your avatars are displayed ... squares or rectangles with an 'X' in the corner. Very quickly those place-markers disappear (blink and you'd miss them), leaving a totally clear space AS IF you have no avatar at all.

It gets weirder still ... when I was configuring my own Profile, I found my own avatar did exactly the same instant-vanish act where confirmation of its successful upload is supposed to display in my Profile. ('X' in a square, then zippo ).

That happened whenever I tried to upload my avatar directly from my computer.

The only way I've been able to get my avatar to upload and HOLD is to use the option of uploading its raw URL from a EXTERNAL HOSTING SITE.

Reading this thread I sense that cracking this mysterious behavior might come one step closer ... depending on your answer(s) to this next question ...

How did YOU install your avatars? Did you upload direct from your computers ... or via a URL?

Knowing the answers to that might close the net in a little more on the source of my difficulties. Trying to 'join some dots'.

---------------------------------------------------------

PS: it's by no means the only problem I'm still having, detailed in the "User Questions' forum in a thread opened by me, but so far without success.

HELP!

Sorry to be a pain everyone, but I have another serious technical question. Someone here at a more advanced level of computer wizardry than mine might be able to shed some light on it for me.

Here goes:

A few posts back I mentioned some bizarre incompatibilities between BCV site software and my browser (I guess). I've noticed you all talking here as though you can see each other's avatars. The ONLY avatar I can see here is MY OWN!

It gets more weird ... when I first load the page, momentarily I DO see empty place-markers where I presume your avatars are displayed ... squares or rectangles with an 'X' in the corner. Very quickly those place-markers disappear (blink and you'd miss them), leaving a totally clear space AS IF you have no avatar at all.

It gets weirder still ... when I was configuring my own Profile, I found my own avatar did exactly the same instant-vanish act where confirmation of its successful upload is supposed to display in my Profile. ('X' in a square, then zippo ).

The only way I've been able to get my avatar to upload and HOLD is to use the option of uploading its raw URL from a EXTERNAL HOSTING SITE.

Reading this thread I sense that cracking this mysterious behavior might come one step closer ... depending on your answer(s) to this next question ...

How did YOU install your avatars? Did you upload direct from your computers ... or via a URL?

Knowing the answers to that might close the net in a little more on the source of my difficulties. Trying to 'join some dots'.

PS: it's by no means the only problem I'm still having, detailed in the "User Questions' forum in a thread opened by me, but so far without success.

I haven't got a clue ole' buddy...I did everything from my computer... did everything with BTK's instructions. We had a momentary lapse with the local carrier, Time Warner...but that has long since been corrected. I'm not sure where your problems stem from!

Guest Just Lookin
Wrap, believe me, I'm not picking a fight with you...post away, but tone it down...same advice I offered to Marius several times. It's all a distraction to what you're really trying to say. I have a coworker that skips over your posts, same as I do, because your graphics are too busy and nauseating. Pick something different...I'll gladly read you. BTW, my avatar is a couple of my old fossils that have long since died...choose something close to your heart!

I have to admit I do the same thing and scroll by "Wrap's" posts. The crawly bacon thing is too weird and distracting to read whatever he writes. No offense, Wrap!

I like the noose avatar. It's weird and fascinating, just like the bacon is. People are attracted to weird things, eventhough they will say it offends them or it is gross. They secretly like it.

HELP!

Here goes:

Mine wouldn't upload from the host site so I had to save it on my computer.

Mine wouldn't upload from the host site so I had to save it on my computer.

And then what, cupkate? Did you upload your avatar to your BCV Profile successfully direct from your computer?

Because if that's the case, then the problem you met seems the exact opposite to mine.

I just deleted it and reinstalled it with what I am sure is the IS http link. Can you see it yet?

Yes I can see it now for the first time, and a properties check confirms its ImageShack URL location, just like mine.

A few more replies like that and we might be on to something.

If a noose bothers you then a cross should bother you as well, because the KKK burned crosses, right? The noose is symbolic of the hypersensitivity all Americans suffer these days. If we're not "sensitive" to the feelings of others, then we're callous. I don't believe it. There are people in the world who are filled with hate, and there always will be. But once we start restricting our freedom of speech and expression, then we will be reduced to absolute nothingness.

amen brother

Guest grossed out

For what it's worth...I agree wholeheartedly....I too skip over these posts, unfortunately. No personal offense to

Wrap. It's just that the graphics are too much.

And then what, cupkate? Did you upload your avatar to your BCV Profile successfully direct from your computer?

Because if that's the case, then the problem you met seems the exact opposite to mine.

Yes I saved it and uploaded that way.

Thanks, cupkate. I can not see your avatar currently. That seems to fit the theory I'm forming.

I like the noose avatar. It's weird and fascinating, just like the bacon is. People are attracted to weird things, eventhough they will say it offends them or it is gross. They secretly like it.

Sorry, but I disagree. The noose avatar was proven to be a white supremacy thing...see posts above and below. And, Wrap's avatars are offensive and i don't secretly like it in any way, shape or form.

I'm sorry but I don't like it. I find both rather distasteful, they're both repulsive. You got something to say...say it. But don't hide behind a DELETED (deleted) noose, and the other "wrap me cold" one with all his graphics. You've posted here a 140 times in the last day and a half, at least try to say something! All I see, is someone with a "I AM THE AUTHOR OF THIS POST AND I AM GAY complex". So sad, you're only 36! Come back and visit me when you grow up. We can talk!

It seems to me that the difference between a message conveyed in a post vs a message conveyed in an avatar or signature is that a posted message can spell it out clearly and IN CONTEXT with a thread's content, such that a level of expectation already exists and so others are receptive to it.

By contrast, a message in an avatar or signature is automated. Therefore it accompanies every post by that user, every time. If that automated message is contentious, then there are going to be many times ... perhaps most ... when that contentious message offends, or clashes with the mood and content of a thread imposing a jarring note on others, whether they like it or not.

What the avatar/signature owner is really saying then is: "I really don't care what this thread is about and I don't respect the others here ... I'm just going to bash you all over the head with my one and only pet obsession whether it belongs here or not! AND I'm going to do it to you every time I post!"

Archived