The noose avatar

Guest wonderer

If a noose bothers you then a cross should bother you as well, because the KKK burned crosses, right? The noose is symbolic of the hypersensitivity all Americans suffer these days. If we're not "sensitive" to the feelings of others, then we're callous. I don't believe it. There are people in the world who are filled with hate, and there always will be. But once we start restricting our freedom of speech and expression, then we will be reduced to absolute nothingness.

I understand where you're coming from, Guy Guestinger, and up to a point I agree.

But let's explore this a little deeper.

I consider it my inalienable right to clench my fists and swing them all over the place just wherever I darned well like.

I have that freedom, wouldn't you agree?

But my cherished freedom should end where my fist ends and your nose begins.

Wouldn't you agree?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the whole avatar thing is going a tad overboard.....

I have so far seen a cats eye avatar= scary...change it

Austrilia avatar= makes me think of Steve Irwin...change it

A golden Chalice= Jesus...change it.

Billy the Kid avatar= cowboys scare me....change it.

A pair of pugs= overpriced puppies....change it.

Get the point.

No......I didn't think so.

Just curious, what does my avatar make you think of? :lol::rolleyes:

I'm sorry but I don't like it. I find both rather distasteful, they're both repulsive. You got something to say...say it. But don't hide behind a DELETED (deleted) noose, and the other "wrap me cold" one with all his graphics. You've posted here a 140 times in the last day and a half, at least try to say something! All I see, is someone with a "I AM THE AUTHOR OF THIS POST AND I AM GAY complex". So sad, you're only 36! Come back and visit me when you grow up. We can talk!

I never said I was gay! Obviously a site filter for the word I used. I was talking about my little friend "brutus". You know, the one with a good "head" on his shoulders!

As explained above, I can't see it. But if it's the same as on the old BCVoice I always enjoyed the look of it.

Jon, it sounds like you have a browser problem. Make sure you have the latest IE browser which is 7.0.5730.13. If that doesn't work try installing Firefox. If that doesn't work, your OS may have issues. I back up important files once every year or so and re-install my OS. This gets rid of any issues. Good luck. :)

Jon, it sounds like you have a browser problem. Make sure you have the latest IE browser which is 7.0.5730.13. If that doesn't work try installing Firefox. If that doesn't work, your OS may have issues. I back up important files once every year or so and re-install my OS. This gets rid of any issues. Good luck. :)

Thanks Tom. I wish it were that simple. I have IE 7.0.6000.16608, AND the latest FireFox and I get the same problem on both of them. It can't be my OS either because the same IP Board software that BCVoice uses works fine for me on IP Board's Support Site. If you are interested I've detailed all this complete with Screen-dump illustrations in my thread in "User Questions". (sob, ... I can't even end this with a smilie).

I'm sorry but I don't like it. I find both rather distasteful, they're both repulsive. You got something to say...say it. But don't hide behind a DELETED (deleted) noose, and the other "wrap me cold" one with all his graphics. You've posted here a 140 times in the last day and a half, at least try to say something! All I see, is someone with a "I AM THE AUTHOR OF THIS POST AND I AM GAY complex". So sad, you're only 36! Come back and visit me when you grow up. We can talk!

Are you serious right now?

When have I ever bashed anyone who didn't deserve it.

All this because of an avatar?

Come back when I grow up?

You old man need to get a better life than to sit back and ride the coattails of your fellow posters.

Your BS slander came from left field.

I understand where you're coming from, Guy Guestinger, and up to a point I agree.

But let's explore this a little deeper.

I consider it my inalienable right to clench my fists and swing them all over the place just wherever I darned well like.

I have that freedom, wouldn't you agree?

But my cherished freedom should end where my fist ends and your nose begins.

Wouldn't you agree?

No. My point was freedom of speech. Your point seems to be violence. See the difference?

Are you serious right now?

When have I ever bashed anyone who didn't deserve it.

All this because of an avatar?

Come back when I grow up?

You old man need to get a better life than to sit back and ride the coattails of your fellow posters.

Your BS slander came from left field.

I already explained to you on another thread that I have no intention or reason to battle with you. I merely offered the same advice to you, that I offered to Marius a long time ago. Lose all the distractions on your posts, and let us concentrate on what you have to say. I can't focus on what you're saying because your avatar and graphics are disgusting. Pick something nice and I'll quit scrolling by you and start talking with you. Thank you for losing that gross bacon thing. Young man, you're 36 years old...act like it. You don't have to draw attention to yourself with that crap, I'll listen to what you have to say, same as I do with pointrider, who doesn't even have an avatar. I know he loves dirt biking, lives in Whitney Point, the kids play hockey, etc... but that crap you're doing is distasteful to me and I don't mind making it known. As far as me being an old man, yeah, I'm older than you by 16 years, but I don't care to ride on anybody's coattails...I can still handle myself pretty good!

C'mon man, really? Really? "All his graphics?" Dude.... IT'S BACON!

I already explained to you on another thread that I have no intention or reason to battle with you. I merely offered the same advice to you, that I offered to Marius a long time ago. Lose all the distractions on your posts, and let us concentrate on what you have to say. I can't focus on what you're saying because your avatar and graphics are disgusting. Pick something nice and I'll quit scrolling by you and start talking with you. Thank you for losing that gross bacon thing. Young man, you're 36 years old...act like it. You don't have to draw attention to yourself with that crap, I'll listen to what you have to say, same as I do with pointrider, who doesn't even have an avatar. I know he loves dirt biking, lives in Whitney Point, the kids play hockey, etc... but that crap you're doing is distasteful to me and I don't mind making it known. As far as me being an old man, yeah, I'm older than you by 16 years, but I don't care to ride on anybody's coattails...I can still handle myself pretty good!

Maybe he's a member of a meat-packers union. Maybe he raises pigs. Maybe he just likes finding curious animated gifs and using them as avatars. His preferences are his own. You have your opinion - you think it's disgusting. It doesn't mean he has to (or should) remove his avatar. It's freedom of speech. Just like you are free to say you don't like it, he's free to have it.

One thing to take into consideration about the signatures is people who use a dial-up connection. The bigger the avatar and signature is, the longer it takes for a page to load. Only someone who has nobody else's interest at heart would say that there isn't a problem. This can drive many people away from posting here. Thinkl about it. :angry:

One thing to take into consideration about the signatures is people who use a dial-up connection. The bigger the avatar and signature is, the longer it takes for a page to load. Only someone who has nobody else's interest at heart would say that there isn't a problem. This can drive many people away from posting here. Thinkl about it. :angry:

2008....dial up?

They don't mix....c ya!

Guy Guestinger, your jiggly clown is funny, entertaining, even cute.

ONCE.

It doesn't get any cuter after seeing it for the sixth time down a page, visually dominating posts that may carry only one or two lines of text.

Not everyone is enthralled to be treated that way by another poster. Is there something you're trying to prove?

The same can be said for acres of mural that are passed off as so-called 'signatures'.

The pages are not about ego-tripping. They're about text and the occasional one-off graphic.

Guest BC Voice of Reason

Just to let the registered people know, in case they didn't realize it, there is an option in the control panel (under board settings) to turn off avatars and/or signatures if it bothers them too much.

Just to let the registered people know, in case they didn't realize it, there is an option in the control panel (under board settings) to turn off avatars and/or signatures if it bothers them too much.

Yeah, I know about that option, but I still like to be aware of what disgusts me so I can respond accordingly!

Basically all that means is that inconsiderate users of signatures and avatars blackmail the rest of us into throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Instead we would rather see at a glance who is on the board by seeing avatars and even signatures from those who do use a bit of sense. Otherwise it's a case of the tail wagging the dog.

Priorities.

Guest BC Voice of Reason

Some forums will only show signatures once per topic. So if the same person responds 20 times in a topic, you're only going to see the sig one time. That works pretty well to keep things less annoying, but I still usually turn sigs off on forums just because I hate having to scroll so much just to read all the posts.

After all, It is the Internet and there's always going to be some person somewhere doing annoying stuff, and there's always going to be some person somewhere that'll complain about stuff whether it's annoying or not.

Guest Negrodamous
Sorry, but I disagree. The noose avatar was proven to be a white supremacy thing...see posts above and below. And, Wrap's avatars are offensive and i don't secretly like it in any way, shape or form.

You are a liar. The 'noose' thing had nothing to do with White Supremacy. It only came to be important to blacks because of the 'Jena 6" case. The blacks were looking for another

way to deflect thinking about the real causes of the failures in miserable existence. The wanted more entitlements. The noose was hung in Jena La. as a joke and 6 'groids exhibited

TNB. It spawned massive demonstrations. The 'groids were too stupid to get on buses to get out of the path of Katrina but they loaded the buses to go to Jena with no problem.

There are many good reports concerning lynching in the US. Between 1882 and 1968, there were 4,742 recorded lynchings ,3,445 of the victims were African American, or approximately seventy-five percent.

What you don’t see in the local newspaper is the FBI statistic that gives the number of Whites killed by blacks every year. It’s an average of 1600. So you see, Blacks kill more Whites in about 2 years than

the total number of blacks that were lynched between 1882-1968. The lynchings are a farce blown out of proportion--a footnote in history.

Here’s some other stats from the same liberals who write the welfare checks for the ‘groids. Blacks commit 8 times more assaults than Whites. Blacks commit 9 times more rapes than Whites. Blacks commit 14 times more murders than Whites. Blacks commit 19 times more armed robberies. Black neighborhoods are 35 times more violent than White neighborhoods. There were 629,000 interracial attacks committed in 1985 (the last year the FBI "chose" to report this information). Some nine out of every ten were committed by Blacks against Whites. Black males (6% of the population) make up 46% of the nation's prison population.

Tell them Sheepless (I'm thinking about the apology--honest).

Archived