Soccer Season So Far Thoughts

Guest guest

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
it was a good game

once again jc comes up short in the playoffs.

last 4 playoff games they have scored 1 goal . defense played good,no offense. 15-1 last two years in regular season and played great. no offense in playoffs.

Do their losses when it counts tarnish the aura around Dani???

By clutch I meant they can't beat Owego since they moved up to class A.

oh you must mean beside 2006 when they beat owego in the A section final? think before you talk

By clutch I meant they can't beat Owego since they moved up to class A.

actually efa has beaten owego in 2006. then again m-e hasn't beaten efa in almost a decade

JC got too confident and the offense choked, too bad they were a damn good team and wont be that good probably ever again

probably not

rare to have a team play together since they were so young.dont see that happening in jc's future.

team did get back to back division titles but was a flop in post season. to bad .

oh,and for all the people who bad mouthed their defense ,it was the defense that held them in games when the offense didnt score . you can only defend so long against a good team .

This year proved that Joel Collins was a much better player than he ever got credit for as a HS Level Midfielder. Coots and Mizera just weren't enough to take pressure off the back line and free up Dani.

Owego wins over ME again in the final. Small Upset but Owego knows how to win.

@

This year proved that Joel Collins was a much better player than he ever got credit for as a HS Level Midfielder. Coots and Mizera just weren't enough to take pressure off the back line and free up Dani.

Owego wins over ME again in the final. Small Upset but Owego knows how to win.

@

first mizera didnt play mid field .second they got no farther with collins as without him.last two games of collins career produced zero points . good player ,same result as this year

first mizera didnt play mid field .second they got no farther with collins as without him.last two games of collins career produced zero points . good player ,same result as this year

I am well aware that Mizera played forward. My point was they were mostly a three man squad is all.

Without Collins, Dani was considerably less spectacular this year as compared to last.

so now looking towards the sectional finals take your pick ME or Owego????

YOUR CRAZY, OWEGO BREEDS KIDS FOR PLAYOFF SOCCER, every year they make a run and they will do the same this year.

Soccer Watcher:

You seem to watch a lot of soccer, and seem very knowledgable. Any young and up and coming stars on the horizon that we should keep an eye on. I take in a lot of games also, and enjoy watching good players before they become superstars. Boys or Girls side.

the Owego- Maine Endwell game should be good, ME beat them twice this year beating them pretty good the 1st time. 2nd time it was a one goal game and a very good one. I just think Owego ( being in the sectional finals 7 out of the last 8 years) will find a way to win it. They are defending champs and they were the underdogs last year as well. Whoever wins it should be a great one to watch.

@

the Owego- Maine Endwell game should be good, ME beat them twice this year beating them pretty good the 1st time. 2nd time it was a one goal game and a very good one. I just think Owego ( being in the sectional finals 7 out of the last 8 years) will find a way to win it. They are defending champs and they were the underdogs last year as well. Whoever wins it should be a great one to watch.

@

it's too bad. I think the best two teams in class a played in the semifinals efa vs owego

it's too bad. I think the best two teams in class a played in the semifinals efa vs owego

You're probably right, but that's not always the way it works out. It was a great game between those two teams nonetheless.

Owego 1-0 ME

Forks 2-0 SV

Ithaca 1-1 Vestal (Ithaca in PKs)

who would have thought forks would win? cant believe that score .hard to believe the forks soccer team is still playing and the football team is going home .and the BOYS team at that .

owego doesnt win one division game all year(not counting norwich) and wins sectionals

unreal !!

good luck to the teams that are left standing

@

It's been awhile since I attended an Owego game. Sounds like nothing down there has changed. Too bad. The Owego fans go nutz with the car horns too?

Owego is a lot better without Wagstaff in goal. He is cocky and is out of shape. Poor kid suffers from Giantism. Spadeni is so much better and is leading Owego the way Wag didnt.

Archived