Soccer Season So Far Thoughts

Guest guest

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jc's division crown means nothing, maybe some bragging rights but it doesnt get you into states. They won the division last year and owego wins the big playoff game along with sectionals. They should meet in the section finals this year and lets just say its hard to beat a team 3 times.

The phrase "It's hard to beat a team three times" is a bunch of nonsense, and is grossly overused in sports. That might be the case heading into a season, but if you've already beaten a team twice, and theoretically proven your superiority over that team in the process, wouldn't it be expected that you'd beat that team again in another meeting?

The phrase "It's hard to beat a team three times" is a bunch of nonsense, and is grossly overused in sports. That might be the case heading into a season, but if you've already beaten a team twice, and theoretically proven your superiority over that team in the process, wouldn't it be expected that you'd beat that team again in another meeting?

Competely agree....maybe one of the dumbest cliche's in all of sports....as an athlete if I beat you twice I always thought I should beat you again.

How interesting is the scenerio JC and M-E in the second round....obviously a very good team won't even make the finals.

Sus Valley beats Vestal today 1-0 in OT. SV had by far the better of play today, I was not at all impressed with Vestal. The only good thing about this result it is means the final will be played on a field other than the poor one at SV.

Guest guest123456

no sour grapes here but Vestal won in regular time. Tom keegan scored and the refs wavered and said he pushed the goalie. I'm not saying they outplayed sv...just saying the won in regular time and that goal should have counted.

no sour grapes here but Vestal won in regular time. Tom keegan scored and the refs wavered and said he pushed the goalie. I'm not saying they outplayed sv...just saying the won in regular time and that goal should have counted.

sounds like a typical vestal kid making excuses, excuses are for make a wish kids.

sounds like a typical vestal kid making excuses, excuses are for make a wish kids.

I was at the game, if it was such a bad call I wonder why all the Veatal fans didnt say a word and the players and coach didnt either ???????????

I was at the game, if it was such a bad call I wonder why all the Veatal fans didnt say a word and the players and coach didnt either ???????????

I also wonder why when the Vestal Goalie got called for playing a ball kicked back to him with his hands he grabbed the ref by the arm and didnt get a card ???

I also wonder why when the Vestal Goalie got called for playing a ball kicked back to him with his hands he grabbed the ref by the arm and didnt get a card ???

Well if you were at the game, then you would know that it was a terrible call. If you have been to many STAC games, then you probably recognized that ref; he is notoriously bad.

@

Well if you were at the game, then you would know that it was a terrible call. If you have been to many STAC games, then you probably recognized that ref; he is notoriously bad.

@

I was at the game it was the right call to make. The Vestal defender played the ball back to the keeper with a controlled touch, it was a clear ball back to the Vestal keeper from his own player. The Vestal keeper should have been carded for his actions, they were way over the line, even his teammates were trying to pull him away and covering his mouth. As for the goal by Vestal that was called back, it was an easy call on Keegan he undercut the keeper as he went for a ball, the keeper missed the ball because of it and then it was touched in. The whistle was blown before Keegan even touched the ball to finish it which is why no one even celebrated the goal but the Vestal bench. I'm a JC parent who was watching the game to see what I hope we'll face and the better team won the game yesterday.

@

The call couldve gone either way the ball was in the net before the goalie hit the ground there was no push then drop then tap in. But the call couldve been a goal or a push... toss up. The feild was bad but thats no excuse Vestal couldnt put the ball in the net and thats how you lose games when your defense shuts the other team out for 97 minutes. I look for Vestal to rebound frmo this loss and play better than ever.

@

The call couldve gone either way the ball was in the net before the goalie hit the ground there was no push then drop then tap in. But the call couldve been a goal or a push... toss up. The feild was bad but thats no excuse Vestal couldnt put the ball in the net and thats how you lose games when your defense shuts the other team out for 97 minutes. I look for Vestal to rebound frmo this loss and play better than ever.

@

Yeah, people have been saying that Vestal's defense is only decent, while the forwards are good, but really it should be the other way around.

@

Yeah, people have been saying that Vestal's defense is only decent, while the forwards are good, but really it should be the other way around.

@

finally someone mentions the defense... but keegan and bij are good players too

finally someone mentions the defense... but keegan and bij are good players too

Yeah, but the couldn't get much done against SV. They weren't passing well at all.

@

ME beat JC 2-0 game could have gone either way. fantastic game to watch. dani shut down. Moon was nasty, clearly showed he was the best player on the field today.

ME will win section 4

might have been. they only two teams that have been able to consistantly win when it counts are owego and efa

When has efa won anything??? They won the STAC and that makes them clutch????

When they beat ME for the section title then you are in business.

Guest Soccer Fan
Moon was nasty, clearly showed he was the best player on the field today.

His goal was nice, but he didn't stand out as the best player, nor is he nasty, he made a good goal, but he's not God, and he whines like a baby on the field, even his teammates all can agree.

When has efa won anything??? They won the STAC and that makes them clutch????

When they beat ME for the section title then you are in business.

wow you are nuts. efa won the section in 2006, went to the section finals last season, beat m-e on their way to both, and won a stac title this season. how can you be so dumb?

wow you are nuts. efa won the section in 2006, went to the section finals last season, beat m-e on their way to both, and won a stac title this season. how can you be so dumb?

It is not hard. I just don't pay enough attention to EFA soccer. I stand corrected, they are clutch.

@

ME beat JC 2-0 game could have gone either way. fantastic game to watch. dani shut down. Moon was nasty, clearly showed he was the best player on the field today.

ME will win section 4

it was a good game

once again jc comes up short in the playoffs.

last 4 playoff games they have scored 1 goal . defense played good,no offense. 15-1 last two years in regular season and played great. no offense in playoffs.

Archived