Mark Murry

Guest Guest

Pretty simple really. Murray's last two games Windsor is 0-2. With Goetz at QB the last 2 games, Windsor is 2-0 and playing their best team football of the year. Who the senior is should have nothing to do with it. The decision should be based on a combination of who gives the team the best chance to win, who has the better work habits, best attitude and most ability.

I actually do agree with you that Murray did his time with his one game suspension. I also think he's a good athlete and can help the team. But, I don't think he should automatically slide back into the QB role. Goetz earned that job through better performance on the field. The fact that Murray opened that door for him should be chalked up to a life lesson.

Point well taken-my mistake I thought Murray was getting the job done and with that and being a senior I could not understand why he wasn't back. thanks...

@

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pretty simple really. Murray's last two games Windsor is 0-2. With Goetz at QB the last 2 games, Windsor is 2-0 and playing their best team football of the year. Who the senior is should have nothing to do with it. The decision should be based on a combination of who gives the team the best chance to win, who has the better work habits, best attitude and most ability.

I actually do agree with you that Murray did his time with his one game suspension. I also think he's a good athlete and can help the team. But, I don't think he should automatically slide back into the QB role. Goetz earned that job through better performance on the field. The fact that Murray opened that door for him should be chalked up to a life lesson.

What door was opened?

Now what? Murryy won the Oneonta game for Windsor last night. Getz went 0-7, Murry wnt 12-20 with 159 yards.

@

Murray didn't win the Oneonta game for Windsor last night. Almost all of his completions were on 2 drives. All he did in between was fumble snaps, take sacks when he should have gotten rid of the ball and throw incompletions. He was a big part of why they needed a last minute touchdown to win. And, in the last series, when the pressure was on, he wasn't in the game. See fumbling snaps above.

@

Murray didn't win the Oneonta game for Windsor last night. Almost all of his completions were on 2 drives. All he did in between was fumble snaps, take sacks when he should have gotten rid of the ball and throw incompletions. He was a big part of why they needed a last minute touchdown to win. And, in the last series, when the pressure was on, he wasn't in the game. See fumbling snaps above.

@

After reading the paper today it seems the kid was pretty humble after the article attributed a big part of the win to his efforts in those 2 drives. Last time I checked two drives is alot anyway. Not saying the kid is a saint but the fact he took himself out to do what is best for the team is uncharacteristic of the posts about him and he at least deserves a little credit.

Seems to me the Coaches are getting through to the kid at least for now. After all, it is their job not to give up on people.

@

Hey Dickweed I'm sure you'd fumble snaps too if you were the backup quarterback that came in to win the game. Also I love how people say to just get rid of the ball. There is no getting rid of the ball in high school football. It's called intentional grounding. Look it up. Throwing the ball away to avoid a sack is dangerous in high school football for that reason. In the meantime Murry won the game for Windsor last night. I was there you obviously were not. Getz played well. The receivers were dropping the ball when he was throwing to them though. It wasn't his fault. I think the coaches just put Murry in for a spark and it happened to work. I wouldn't want to have to make the decision the Windsor coaches are going to have to make this week. Getz or Murry

@

Okay what game were you at. Did you see the interception from Murray that kept oneonta from scoring? Wake up loser.

Hey Dickweed I'm sure you'd fumble snaps too if you were the backup quarterback that came in to win the game. Also I love how people say to just get rid of the ball. There is no getting rid of the ball in high school football. It's called intentional grounding. Look it up. Throwing the ball away to avoid a sack is dangerous in high school football for that reason. In the meantime Murry won the game for Windsor last night. I was there you obviously were not. Getz played well. The receivers were dropping the ball when he was throwing to them though. It wasn't his fault. I think the coaches just put Murry in for a spark and it happened to work. I wouldn't want to have to make the decision the Windsor coaches are going to have to make this week. Getz or Murry

Dickweed? Is that what you're smoking now? Because, you're smoking something.

If you were at the at the game as you claim, you'd know that Murray didn't fumble snaps because he'd just come into the game. He was in the game from the third series on. He's been fumbling snaps all year, and most of last year. At least 2 or 3 a game, including one in his own end zone at Greene that caused a safety.

Also, I'm not talking about getting rid of the ball by intentionally grounding it. I'm talking about dropping back in the pocket, finding a receiver and throwing it to them instead of running around the backfield like you're being chased by the police and a drug sniffing dog. Of course, I guess under pressue, you tend to revert to whatever you have experience in.

By the way, since you can't even spell either kid's name, I'm going to guess you either haven't been to a game, can't afford a $2 program, or couldn't read it if you could. Feel free to keep up your worthless babble though.

After reading the paper today it seems the kid was pretty humble after the article attributed a big part of the win to his efforts in those 2 drives. Last time I checked two drives is alot anyway. Not saying the kid is a saint but the fact he took himself out to do what is best for the team is uncharacteristic of the posts about him and he at least deserves a little credit.

Seems to me the Coaches are getting through to the kid at least for now. After all, it is their job not to give up on people.

You are correct. He deserves some credit for taking himself out of the game for the kid that should have been in there in the first place.

I also agree that him putting the team before himself is uncharacteristic.

Hopefully, you are also right that the coaches are getting through to him.

I'm talking about dropping back in the pocket, finding a receiver and throwing it to them instead of running around the backfield like you're being chased by the police and a drug sniffing dog. Of course, I guess under pressue, you tend to revert to whatever you have experience in.

You're an awful person. Make your point without cheapshoting the kid. Your credibility wanes when you continually insult someone during your points. Insults are the tactics of 5th graders. If you think Goetz is better than advocate for him.

You're an awful person. Make your point without cheapshoting the kid. Your credibility wanes when you continually insult someone during your points. Insults are the tactics of 5th graders. If you think Goetz is better than advocate for him.

I'm really not that worried about your opinion of me, or my credibility in your eyes. That being said, is it a case of a cheap shot, or a case of the truth hurting?

Goetz is not only a better quarterback, he's a better kid. In fact, exactly the type of kid who should be participating in high school athletics over someone who should probably focus more on passing "tests" instead of footballs.

I'm really not that worried about your opinion of me, or my credibility in your eyes. That being said, is it a case of a cheap shot, or a case of the truth hurting?

Goetz is not only a better quarterback, he's a better kid. In fact, exactly the type of kid who should be participating in high school athletics over someone who should probably focus more on passing "tests" instead of footballs.

No, it is the case of a cheap shot. If Goetz is better than he will play.

As long as credibility isn't a worry, then you are a pickle smoocher.

No, it is the case of a cheap shot. If Goetz is better than he will play.

As long as credibility isn't a worry, then you are a pickle smoocher.

Funny, but I've heard that the act of pulling pickles out of your mouth while "pickle smooching" can cause a "Bucked Tooth"

You are obviously a Windsor parent who has a problem with the Murray kids athletic abilities. It was stated earlier in a post that Windsor has a new grading policy. If Murray isn't passing how can you be playing? Also if it's so easy to drop back in the pocket and find an open receiver against a blitzing defense you should run a clinic because there are a ton of coaches that would love to know all your secrets. Until then shut the hell up and go pick on your own kid. I also don't think that you should put Murray down to make Goetz look better. From what I've seen of Goetz in football, baseball and basketball his actions speak for themselves. He is a great kid. One more thing. If coaches couldn't play kids that need to be passing "test" instead of footballs how would CV even have a team?

You are obviously a Windsor parent who has a problem with the Murray kids athletic abilities. It was stated earlier in a post that Windsor has a new grading policy. If Murray isn't passing how can you be playing? Also if it's so easy to drop back in the pocket and find an open receiver against a blitzing defense you should run a clinic because there are a ton of coaches that would love to know all your secrets. Until then shut the hell up and go pick on your own kid. I also don't think that you should put Murray down to make Goetz look better. From what I've seen of Goetz in football, baseball and basketball his actions speak for themselves. He is a great kid. One more thing. If coaches couldn't play kids that need to be passing "test" instead of footballs how would CV even have a team?

Exactly. It is not like either kid is getting slighted. They have both been used alot according to the paper.

Tough to argue with sociopaths.

Instead of all of your DELETED about who is the better QB you should focus on being supportive of the ENTIRE Windsor football team. Every kid plays to their athletic ability. It is real sad when parents bash kids for their athletic skills just because they start over their kid. By the way, are you now going to post the murray kids grades for us all to see?

Instead of all of your DELETED about who is the better QB you should focus on being supportive of the ENTIRE Windsor football team. Every kid plays to their athletic ability. It is real sad when parents bash kids for their athletic skills just because they start over their kid. By the way, are you now going to post the murray kids grades for us all to see?

Knowing the situation with the Murray boys, I don't think it's academic "tests" that he's saying they aren't able to pass. Just a guess.

If people start talking about his grades and how smart he is I think this site should be shut down-that is just pathetic! It is bad enough what is already on here for God sakes people get a life!

Archived