Dunkin Donuts at Manley's Upper Court St.

Guest D&D Coffee Man

Guest D&D Coffee Man

Another morning where the Horse's Rear End at the Drive Up at Dunkin Donuts at the Manley's on Upper Court st. can't do a simple job like take an order with one item on it and get the order right. This morning I went through the drive up at D&D and asked for the same thing that I ask for every morning and went the woman gave me my coffee, I noticed that it was black when I asked for cream. So I told her that i asked for coffee with cream and she took the coffee back and dumped some out and dumped in some cream. Well I never thought to taste it, when I got to my office, I took a sip and it was loaded with sugar too! HOW FREAKING HARD IS IT TO WORK AT A D&D DRIVE UP???????? Mr. Manley, HIRE SOME COMPITENT PEOPLE! At first I thought, this place is new and so is the staff so it will take some time to get in the groove, but HOLY COW it's been months and you still can't do something simple like make a cup of coffee with what I asked for!!! :angry:

Drive up girl, Advice for you: GO ON WELFARE, that is where you belong!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is tough to find people that want to work. Everyone wants everything handed to them.

I have noticed a huge decline in service at a lot of eating establishments lately. Guess that just means I will save some money by eating at home.

Guest A Reasonable Atheist

Here is an idea: Get your horse's rear end out of the car and go into the Dunkin' Donuts and get it in there. That way you can watch the person make the coffee.

I find it interesting that you had to point out that you go there every day. Do they know the sound of your voice from the thousands of other customers they serve every day? Do they know your car make/model/color? I doubt it. You are just a disconnected voice demanding coffee. Go in, smile, say hello, and ask for your coffee like a normal person.

Guest Guestwho
Here is an idea: Get your horse's rear end out of the car and go into the Dunkin' Donuts and get it in there. That way you can watch the person make the coffee.

I find it interesting that you had to point out that you go there every day. Do they know the sound of your voice from the thousands of other customers they serve every day? Do they know your car make/model/color? I doubt it. You are just a disconnected voice demanding coffee. Go in, smile, say hello, and ask for your coffee like a normal person.

Why should someone have to go inside to get the coffee the way they want it?

That's what drive-thru's are for, especially in the a.m. on the way to work!

Is it really all that difficult to interpret a coffee order?

I think the welfare reference was a bit over the top, but can understand the frustration.

You'd be amazed, however, at how much $$$ you'd save if you made your coffee at home, and took it w/ you...just a thought.

here is a thought go to Target buy a coffee maker some filters and some coffee and make your own each morning. You can make it any way you want it and you won't have to worry about anything.

here is a thought go to Target buy a coffee maker some filters and some coffee and make your own each morning. You can make it any way you want it and you won't have to worry about anything.

Why should they? If everyone did that there'd be no need for places like Dunkin Donuts. Fact is those kids are paid to do a job (serve coffee) and they should do it correctly or they should find a job that isn't so "hard".

What don't you get? It's the Free Enterprise system. Anyone can open a business and offer products and/or services to the public. If you don't perform or back up your sales, people will vote with their wallets and you will eventually sink.

In the meantime, while you're professing to offer products, if you want to stay in business you should do everything you can to meet reasonable customer needs.

Putting a drive through is an invitation to customers to use a faster, more convenient method of getting coffee. Why should everyone get in if the store puts in a drive through? The inside counter would get clogged with too many customers, which would then dictate the need for a drive through eventually.

If the person goes there everyday and gets served by the same worker, of course that worker is going to remember who they are. They will recognize their car, face, etc. and eventually recognize some people's voices on the order microphone.

Do you live in the same country as the rest of us?

Hey there Mr. Perfect. Why don't you learn how to spell COMPETENT? Or use spell check. If this person goes on welfare, you will be bitching about that too.

Guest A Reasonable Atheist
What don't you get? It's the Free Enterprise system. Anyone can open a business and offer products and/or services to the public. If you don't perform or back up your sales, people will vote with their wallets and you will eventually sink.

In the meantime, while you're professing to offer products, if you want to stay in business you should do everything you can to meet reasonable customer needs.

Putting a drive through is an invitation to customers to use a faster, more convenient method of getting coffee. Why should everyone get in if the store puts in a drive through? The inside counter would get clogged with too many customers, which would then dictate the need for a drive through eventually.

If the person goes there everyday and gets served by the same worker, of course that worker is going to remember who they are. They will recognize their car, face, etc. and eventually recognize some people's voices on the order microphone.

Do you live in the same country as the rest of us?

Sometimes you get crappy service. Clearly it doesn't bother the original poster enough to stop going to Dunkin' Donuts as he goes every morning. My larger criticism is his implicit belief that because he goes "Every morning", they should somehow know exactly how he takes his coffee. I'm going to have to agree with an above poster however, get a coffee maker and do it yourself. You can even get them to make your coffee at a specific time. Think how much easier that would be.

If I had another half hour to stand in line inside, I would. They are also the slowest service in the area. And to answer your question, when she comes to the window she knows me by first name so I guess the answer to your logic would be YES they do know me so they should know what I take in my coffee. :P

Sometimes you get crappy service. Clearly it doesn't bother the original poster enough to stop going to Dunkin' Donuts as he goes every morning. My larger criticism is his implicit belief that because he goes "Every morning", they should somehow know exactly how he takes his coffee. I'm going to have to agree with an above poster however, get a coffee maker and do it yourself. You can even get them to make your coffee at a specific time. Think how much easier that would be.

Even a chimp, after seeing a customer's face every day for awhile, would remember how to make a simple cup of coffee.

Maybe the OP has kids and doesn't have time to make his own. That's the whole point of Manley's and DD offering ready made coffee....it's a service convenience for people who can't or just plain don't want to make their own.

Should we all be growing our own cotton and weaving denim to make our own clothes if we buy a pair of jeans that doesn't fit quite right?

I think it's also important to note that the OP's initial order was wrong, and he reiterated it again, and then it was wrong again...in a different way. Plus, if you don't drink coffee w/ sugar, as I don't, it's pretty much impossible to even try to drink.

All in all, someone should get things in order there.

Guest dd 4 me
Even a chimp, after seeing a customer's face every day for awhile, would remember how to make a simple cup of coffee.

Maybe the OP has kids and doesn't have time to make his own. That's the whole point of Manley's and DD offering ready made coffee....it's a service convenience for people who can't or just plain don't want to make their own.

Should we all be growing our own cotton and weaving denim to make our own clothes if we buy a pair of jeans that doesn't fit quite right?

Well, perhaps if our jeans don't fit right, we should not be making anymore stops @ DD. Seriously though, would we grow cotton and weave denim if the jeans weren't just right? No we would go ELSEWHERE and buy the jeans that are just right. So the moral of the story, I haven't seen anyone on the side of the road with a shotgun forcing anyone to go to DD so if you don't like it, go to Starbucks!

perhaps they know you by name because you are the crazy guy who shows up everyday and DELETED about something new each time. or maybe they know you as the guy who never tips. Maybe they think you are the guy who is much too important to wait in line like everyone else. Actually come to think of it, that is about 90% of their clientele so not quite sure why you would stand out. On a side note, Manley doesn't run the DD. It is run by the same folks that run the JC, Endwell, Hallstead, Vestal 4 corners stores.

Tip a drive up window person????

Really???

Well, perhaps if our jeans don't fit right, we should not be making anymore stops @ DD. Seriously though, would we grow cotton and weave denim if the jeans weren't just right? No we would go ELSEWHERE and buy the jeans that are just right. So the moral of the story, I haven't seen anyone on the side of the road with a shotgun forcing anyone to go to DD so if you don't like it, go to Starbucks!

Why would they even put a DDs in a manleys in the first place it just doesnt make sense when especially on court st they could have one as big as McDonalds and still be swamped!

Ill bet a Krispy Kreme would go over big time around here they have the frshest donuts! DD doesnt even bake donuts at their stores hereanymore thats how mass produced theyve gotten.

Why would they even put a DDs in a manleys in the first place it just doesnt make sense when especially on court st they could have one as big as McDonalds and still be swamped!

Ill bet a Krispy Kreme would go over big time around here they have the frshest donuts! DD doesnt even bake donuts at their stores hereanymore thats how mass produced theyve gotten.

A good few years back Tony Manley decided he wanted to boost his business by adding food service to his stores. He started the Big Al's Pizza identity, hoping the brand would catch on. It obviously hasn't because he only put in a few and stopped. I don't think he did very well with the pizza biz.

Obviously putting in DD is the same thinking: increase foot traffic by putting in an additional draw=sell more products that are already on the shelves.

When they first put those donut cabinets in the stores, they were all Krispy Kremes. Now they've gone to generic donuts. Must be the cost was too high for the amount of donuts they were selling, and selling generic donuts is more profitable, or at least less costly.

I agree with the original poster. I go there often too as it is very convenient to me on my way to work and they screw up a lot. It seems the new manager there has her head in the clouds and doesn't pay attention to what she is doing. I am a firm believer that if someone isn't doing the job that they are paid to do, they should be told about it and the problem should be fixed. Why should the original poster stop going to D&D or drive out of their way to go elsewhere because of a simple problem that can be fixed by the managers explaining what needs to be done and how it needs to be handled.

To the above poster that thinks that it's OK, it isn't and the OP has the right to complain. You almost sound like the girl that screws up at D&D.

Archived