Gilligan's Island's Mary Ann caught with Mary Jane

Guy Guestinger

WHY NOT JUST POST IT -- ???

DRIGGS, Idaho (AP) -- Dawn Wells, who played Mary Ann on "Gilligan's Island," is serving six months' unsupervised probation after allegedly being caught with marijuana in her car.

Dawn Wells played Mary Ann on "Gilligan's Island."

1 of 2 She was sentenced February 29 to five days in jail, fined $410.50 and placed on probation after pleading guilty to one count of reckless driving.

Under a plea agreement, three misdemeanor counts -- driving under the influence, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of a controlled substance -- were dropped.

On October 18, Teton County sheriff's Deputy Joseph Gutierrez arrested Wells as she was driving home from a surprise birthday party that was held for her. According to the sheriff's office report, Gutierrez pulled Wells over after noticing her swerve and repeatedly speed up and slow down. When Gutierrez asked about a marijuana smell, Wells said she'd just given a ride to three hitchhikers and had dropped them off when they began smoking something. Gutierrez found half-smoked joints and two small cases used to store marijuana.

The 69-year-old Wells, founder of the Idaho Film and Television Institute and organizer of the region's annual family movie festival called the Spud Fest, then failed a sobriety test.

Wells' lawyer, Ron Swafford, said that a friend of Wells testified he'd left a small amount of marijuana in the vehicle after using it that day, and that Wells was unaware of it. Swafford also said several witnesses were prepared to testify that Wells had very little to drink at the party and was not intoxicated when she left. He said she was swerving on the road because she was trying to find the heater controls in her new car.

Pot dulls your senses, makes you paranoid, and most people don't drive over 25 MPH, while under the influence, with the brake lights constantly going on. Like George Carlin said, It's for younger people...when we get older, we have enough paranoia in our life without enducing it. I'm glad the old lady still knows how to get high....I would, but it gives me headaches! Good for Dawn...I think the professor was a "crack head" though...too preoccupied with coconuts!

>>Gilligan's Island's Mary Ann caught with Mary Jane<<

Wow. The story had me fooled. By the subject I thought it was a post that she went lesbian* on us baby-boomer guys and ruined my childhood dreams. ;-)

Wolf

* not that there's anything wrong with that.

>>Gilligan's Island's Mary Ann caught with Mary Jane<<

Wow. The story had me fooled. By the subject I thought it was a post that she went lesbian* on us baby-boomer guys and ruined my childhood dreams. ;-)

Wolf

* not that there's anything wrong with that.

Noooo... not there's anything wrong with that!!!

DRIGGS, Idaho (AP) -- Dawn Wells, who played Mary Ann on "Gilligan's Island," is serving six months' unsupervised probation after allegedly being caught with marijuana in her car.

1 of 2 She was sentenced February 29 to five days in jail, fined $410.50 and placed on probation after pleading guilty to one count of reckless driving.

Under a plea agreement, three misdemeanor counts -- driving under the influence, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of a controlled substance -- were dropped.

On October 18, Teton County sheriff's Deputy Joseph Gutierrez arrested Wells as she was driving home from a surprise birthday party that was held for her. According to the sheriff's office report, Gutierrez pulled Wells over after noticing her swerve and repeatedly speed up and slow down. When Gutierrez asked about a marijuana smell, Wells said she'd just given a ride to three hitchhikers and had dropped them off when they began smoking something. Gutierrez found half-smoked joints and two small cases used to store marijuana.

The 69-year-old Wells, founder of the Idaho Film and Television Institute and organizer of the region's annual family movie festival called the Spud Fest, then failed a sobriety test.

Wells' lawyer, Ron Swafford, said that a friend of Wells testified he'd left a small amount of marijuana in the vehicle after using it that day, and that Wells was unaware of it. Swafford also said several witnesses were prepared to testify that Wells had very little to drink at the party and was not intoxicated when she left. He said she was swerving on the road because she was trying to find the heater controls in her new car.

Because I'm lazy

listen at http://www.myspace.com/bestofnilsson

One of the strangest recordings ever. Harry was great!

Coconut, by Harry Nilsson

Bruder bought a coconut, he bought it for a dime,

His sister had anudder one she paid it for de lime.

She put de lime in de coconut, she drank 'em bot' up

She put de lime in de coconut, she drank 'em bot' up.

She put de lime in de coconut, she call de doctor, woke 'im up,

Said "doctor, ain't there nothin' I can take?"

I said "Doctor, to relieve this belly ache,"

I said "Doctor, ain't there nothin' I can take?"

I said "Doctor, to relieve this belly ache."

Now lemme get this straight,

You put de lime in de coconut, you drank 'em bot' up,

You put de lime in de coconut, you drank 'em bot' up,

You put de lime in de coconut, you drank 'em bot'up,

You put de lime in de coconut, you call your doctor, woke 'im up,

Said " Doctor, ain't there nothing' I can take?"

I said, "Doctor, to relieve this belly ache."

I said "Doctor, ain't there nothin' I can take?'

I said, "Doctor, to relieve this belly ache,"

You put de lime in de coconut, you drink 'em bot' togedder

Put de lime in de coconut and you'll feel better,

Put de lime in de coconut, drink 'em bot' up,

Put de lime in de coconut and call me in the morning."

Woo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo.

Oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo.

Brudder bought a coconut, he bought it for a dime,

His sister had anudder one she paid it for a lime.

She put de lime in de coconut and called de doctor, woke 'im up.

And said, "Doctor, ain't there nothin' I can take?'

I said, "Doctor, to relieve this belly ache."

I said "Doctor, ain't there nothin' I can take?"

I said, "Doctor, now lemme get this straight,

You put the lime in the coconut, you drink 'em bot'up,

Put the lime in the coconut, you drink 'em bot' up,

Put the lime in the coconut, you drink 'em bot' up,

Put the lime in the coconut. You're such a silly woman.

Put a lime in the coconut and drink 'em bot' together

Put the lime in the coconut, then you'll feel better.

Put the lime in the coconut, drink 'em both down,

Put the lime in your coconut, and call me in the morning,

Woo--ain't there nothin' you can take?

I say, woo--to relieve your belly ache,

You say, well woo--ain't there nothin' I can take?

I say woo--woo, to relieve your belly ache,

You say yow--ain't there nothin' I can take,

I say wow--to relieve this belly ache,

I said "Doctor, ain't there nothing I can take,"

I said, "Doctor, ain't there nothing I can take,"

I said, "Doctor, ain't there nothing I can take,"

I said, "Doctor you're such a silly woman.

Put the lime in the coconut and drink 'em both together,

Put the lime in the coconut, and you'll feel better,

Put the lime in the coconut and drink 'em bot' up,

Put the lime in the coconut and call me in the morning.

Yes, you call me in the morning, You call me in the morning,

I'll tell you what to do if you call me in the morning.

I'll tell you what to do and if you call me in the morning

I'll tell you what to do.

Well, that would depend on weight ratios and air speed velocity.

Estimating the Airspeed Velocity of an Unladen Swallow

Hashing out the classic question with Strouhal numbers and simplified flight waveforms.

by Jonathan Corum

After spending some time last month trying to develop alternate graphic presentations for kinematic ratios in winged flight, I decided to try to answer one of the timeless questions of science: just what is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

What do you mean, an African or European Swallow?To begin with, I needed basic kinematic data on African and European swallow species.

South African Swallow

(Hirundo spilodera) European Swallow

(Hirundo rustica)

Although 47 of the 74 worldwide swallow species are found in Africa,1 only two species are named after the continent: the West African Swallow (Hirundo domicella) and the South African Swallow (Hirundo spilodera), also known as the South African Cave Swallow.

Since the range of the South African Swallow extends only as far north as Zaire,2 I felt fairly confident that this was the non-migratory African species referred to in previous discussions of the comparative and cooperative weight-bearing capabilities of African and European swallows.3

Kinematic data for both African species was difficult to find, but the Barn or European Swallow (Hirundo rustica) has been studied intensively, and kinematic data for that species was readily available.

It’s a simple question of weight ratiosA 54-year survey of 26,285 European Swallows captured and released by the Avian Demography Unit of the University of Capetown finds that the average adult European swallow has a wing length of 12.2 cm and a body mass of 20.3 grams.4

Because wing beat frequency and wing amplitude both scale with body mass,5 and flight kinematic data is available for at least 22 other bird species,6 it should be possible to estimate the frequency (f ) and amplitude (A) of the European Swallow by a comparison with similar species. With those two numbers, it will be possible to estimate airspeed (U).

In order to maintain airspeed velocity, a swallow needs to beat its wings forty-three times every second, right?Actually, wrong. By comparing the European Swallow with bird species of similar body mass, we can estimate that the swallow beats its wings 18 times a second with an amplitude of 18 cm:

Species Body mass Frequency Amplitude

Zebra Finch 13 g 27 Hz 11 cm

European Swallow 20 g ≈ 18 Hz? ≈ 18 cm?

Downy Woodpecker 27 g 14 Hz 29 cm

Budgerigar 34 g 14 Hz 15 cm

Note that even the tiny Zebra Finch flaps its wings no more than 27 times a second while cruising.

If we ignore body mass and look only at bird species with a similar wingspan, we can estimate an average frequency of 14 beats per second and an amplitude of 23 cm:

Species Wingspan Frequency Amplitude

Budgerigar 27 cm 14 Hz 15 cm

European Swallow ≈ 28–30 cm ≈ 14 Hz? ≈ 23 cm?

Downy Woodpecker 31 cm 14 Hz 29 cm

European Starling 35 cm 14 Hz 26 cm

By averaging all 6 values, we can estimate that an average European Swallow flies at cruising speed with a frequency of roughly 15 beats per second, and an amplitude of roughly 22 cm.

I fart in you're general direction! You're mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

Estimating the Airspeed Velocity of an Unladen Swallow

Hashing out the classic question with Strouhal numbers and simplified flight waveforms.

by Jonathan Corum

After spending some time last month trying to develop alternate graphic presentations for kinematic ratios in winged flight, I decided to try to answer one of the timeless questions of science: just what is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

What do you mean, an African or European Swallow?To begin with, I needed basic kinematic data on African and European swallow species.

South African Swallow

(Hirundo spilodera) European Swallow

(Hirundo rustica)

Although 47 of the 74 worldwide swallow species are found in Africa,1 only two species are named after the continent: the West African Swallow (Hirundo domicella) and the South African Swallow (Hirundo spilodera), also known as the South African Cave Swallow.

Since the range of the South African Swallow extends only as far north as Zaire,2 I felt fairly confident that this was the non-migratory African species referred to in previous discussions of the comparative and cooperative weight-bearing capabilities of African and European swallows.3

Kinematic data for both African species was difficult to find, but the Barn or European Swallow (Hirundo rustica) has been studied intensively, and kinematic data for that species was readily available.

It's a simple question of weight ratiosA 54-year survey of 26,285 European Swallows captured and released by the Avian Demography Unit of the University of Capetown finds that the average adult European swallow has a wing length of 12.2 cm and a body mass of 20.3 grams.4

Because wing beat frequency and wing amplitude both scale with body mass,5 and flight kinematic data is available for at least 22 other bird species,6 it should be possible to estimate the frequency (f ) and amplitude (A) of the European Swallow by a comparison with similar species. With those two numbers, it will be possible to estimate airspeed (U).

In order to maintain airspeed velocity, a swallow needs to beat its wings forty-three times every second, right?Actually, wrong. By comparing the European Swallow with bird species of similar body mass, we can estimate that the swallow beats its wings 18 times a second with an amplitude of 18 cm:

Species Body mass Frequency Amplitude

Zebra Finch 13 g 27 Hz 11 cm

European Swallow 20 g ≈ 18 Hz? ≈ 18 cm?

Downy Woodpecker 27 g 14 Hz 29 cm

Budgerigar 34 g 14 Hz 15 cm

Note that even the tiny Zebra Finch flaps its wings no more than 27 times a second while cruising.

If we ignore body mass and look only at bird species with a similar wingspan, we can estimate an average frequency of 14 beats per second and an amplitude of 23 cm:

Species Wingspan Frequency Amplitude

Budgerigar 27 cm 14 Hz 15 cm

European Swallow ≈ 28–30 cm ≈ 14 Hz? ≈ 23 cm?

Downy Woodpecker 31 cm 14 Hz 29 cm

European Starling 35 cm 14 Hz 26 cm

By averaging all 6 values, we can estimate that an average European Swallow flies at cruising speed with a frequency of roughly 15 beats per second, and an amplitude of roughly 22 cm.

I fart in you're general direction! You're mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

Go away or I shall taunt you a second time!!!

Guest Guest
Pot dulls your senses, makes you paranoid, and most people don't drive over 25 MPH, while under the influence, with the brake lights constantly going on. Like George Carlin said, It's for younger people...when we get older, we have enough paranoia in our life without enducing it. I'm glad the old lady still knows how to get high....I would, but it gives me headaches! Good for Dawn...I think the professor was a "crack head" though...too preoccupied with coconuts!
if it gives you headaches try a vaperizor

I bet Bob Denver is spinning in his grave.

I'm thinking it's quite the opposite. Gilligan basically spent his last years drinking coffee, chain smoking, and toking on some ganja.

My comment was supposed to be sarcastic. Maybe there should be a specific font for that.

Guest Guest

As you always see on the COPS show. "It was'nt hers" -- "She does'nt know how it got in there" --"Somebody must have put it in her car by mistake" -- etc.

Man, does she look like ---- in her pic.

Yes, any guy that had a pulse when that show was on had the hots for her. Much more than the "movie star" (course I'm speaking for myself) --

Guest Guest
It's a great tune, and he was very talented...there's a reason John Lennon hung out w/ him!

Yeah, they were both talented derelicts. Both men's music was fabulous, their personal lives...not so good.

Archived