why do men cheat on their wives?

Guest dlw

Guest Been There
Seems the above poster has been through marriage counseling. Cheaters "compartmentalize" their relationships so they can justify their cheating. It's true.

Cheaters do compartmentalize, they know that what they are doing is wrong, but if they compartmentalize it they think it makes it okay in their mind. Til they cant sleep. And their blood pressure goes up. And they wonder.....whats wrong with me? Why am I like this? DUH GUILT! They know that if anyone in their life found out what theyve been doing, they wouldnt have support for their behavior. No one likes or respects a cheater. The cheater doesnt even like or respect the woman he booty calls. I think the MOST PATHETIC is the woman that allows herself to be the booty call. He goes over at 11pm to sleep with her and calls her--maybe does dinner with her or a movie once in a while. But its his wife or its his real girlfriend that gets his vacations holidays family and love. She gets his present and his future. All the one he bedded gets is company for now. He isnt with her to be with her, its really just because he cant stand being alone with himself.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
posted byBeen There Posted Today, 12:04 AM

Cheaters do compartmentalize, they know that what they are doing is wrong, but if they compartmentalize it they think it makes it okay in their mind. Til they cant sleep. And their blood pressure goes up. And they wonder.....whats wrong with me? Why am I like this? DUH GUILT! They know that if anyone in their life found out what theyve been doing, they wouldnt have support for their behavior. No one likes or respects a cheater.

The cheater doesnt even like or respect the woman he booty calls. I think the MOST PATHETIC is the woman that allows herself to be the booty call. He goes over at 11pm to sleep with her and calls her--maybe does dinner with her or a movie once in a while. But its his wife or its his real girlfriend that gets his vacations holidays family and love. She gets his present and his future. All the one he bedded gets is company for now. He isnt with her to be with her, its really just because he cant stand being alone with himself.

Cheaters do compartmentalize, they know that what they are doing is wrong, but if they compartmentalize it they think it makes it okay in their mind. Til they cant sleep. And their blood pressure goes up. And they wonder.....whats wrong with me? Why am I like this? DUH GUILT! They know that if anyone in their life found out what theyve been doing, they wouldnt have support for their behavior. No one likes or respects a cheater.

The cheater doesnt even like or respect the man she booty calls. I think the MOST PATHETIC is the man that allows himself to be the booty call. She goes over at 11pm to sleep with him and calls him--maybe does dinner with him or a movie once in a while. But its her husband or its her real boyfriend that gets her vacations holidays family and love. He gets her present and her future. All the one she bedded gets is company for now. She isnt with him to be with him, its really just because She cant stand being alone with herself.

Guest Guest

The cheater doesnt even like or respect the man she booty calls. I think the MOST PATHETIC is the man that allows himself to be the booty call. She goes over at 11pm to sleep with him and calls him--maybe does dinner with him or a movie once in a while. But its her husband or its her real boyfriend that gets her vacations holidays family and love. He gets her present and her future. All the one she bedded gets is company for now. She isnt with him to be with him, its really just because She cant stand being alone with herself.

RIGHT ON!!

Simple, low self-esteem and the need to see themselves as a "Stud." Doesn't matter what he goes after as long as he gets that boost to his ego.

Simple, low self-esteem and the need to see themselves as a "Stud." Doesn't matter what he goes after as long as he gets that boost to his ego.

Simple, low self-esteem and the need to see themselves as a # 10. Doesn't matter what she goes after as long as she gets that boost to her ego.

Simple, low self-esteem and the need to see themselves as a # 10. Doesn't matter what she goes after as long as she gets that boost to her ego.

Mouser....you are driving me nuts with your switch-a-roo word games....

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :o

Mouser....you are driving me nuts with your switch-a-roo word games....

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :o

Just changing the HE to SHE, the HIS to HER's and so on.

Just try to make it known that it's not always the MAN and that WOMEN do the same thing but it does not get very much coverage when she does.

Women want equal rights, well they should also take EQUAL BLAME !

I'll try to keep it to a min for you...

Signed

Mrs Mouser

Just changing the HE to SHE, the HIS to HER's and so on.

Just try to make it known that it's not always the MAN and that WOMEN do the same thing but it does not get very much coverage when she does.

Women want equal rights, well they should also take EQUAL BLAME !

I'll try to keep it to a min for you...

Signed

Mrs Mouser

Don't worry about it....

I have just seen a lot of them lately between the many threads of infidelity...

Guest Swingers

Forget Cheating just Swing. Its not as Taboo as people belive. Hell theres a party this weekend in Binghamton with over 200 couples going.

Guest Guest
Forget Cheating just Swing. Its not as Taboo as people belive. Hell theres a party this weekend in Binghamton with over 200 couples going.

I'll bet there won't be many STD's "shared" there.

Guest lemur
some men cheat on thier wives without having the sex withheld at home....some men go to uglier, fatter girls when their wives are hot and ready. Those men are selfish, immature children, who want to ahve thier cake and eat it too! My STBX can now eat all the whale blubber he wants! LOL

I am friends with a prof. from a local college...he's been married, oh, probably 30 years to the same woman. She's a beast. Weighs in at about 350, has HUGE kankles, and is a total b&tch-They barely get along. He drinks in his spare time and she's too busy making money to notice. They only have one child who's an adult and not at home. He's well known for making the moves on younger women (well, when he used to hang out at The Beef anyway!)..and then the Wife's aunt died and left them an estate up in the town of Binghamton so he doesn't frequent the bar scene anymore..(she made them sell their west side house)..one time I asked him why, if he was so unhappy being married to this woman, didn't he leave her?? and his reply was.."because she put me through school and she makes more money than me..if I leave I'll be screwed, she'll take everything I have"...how sad is that?? Maybe if this woman dumped a ton of weight, paid attention to her husband and stopped being the "man" in the family he wouldn't want to cheat on her..

Guest Guest
I am friends with a prof. from a local college...he's been married, oh, probably 30 years to the same woman. She's a beast. Weighs in at about 350, has HUGE kankles, and is a total b&tch-They barely get along. He drinks in his spare time and she's too busy making money to notice. They only have one child who's an adult and not at home. He's well known for making the moves on younger women (well, when he used to hang out at The Beef anyway!)..and then the Wife's aunt died and left them an estate up in the town of Binghamton so he doesn't frequent the bar scene anymore..(she made them sell their west side house)..one time I asked him why, if he was so unhappy being married to this woman, didn't he leave her?? and his reply was.."because she put me through school and she makes more money than me..if I leave I'll be screwed, she'll take everything I have"...how sad is that?? Maybe if this woman dumped a ton of weight, paid attention to her husband and stopped being the "man" in the family he wouldn't want to cheat on her..

Sounds to me like someone needs to be the "man" because the "man" she has doesn't have the nuts to do the job!

Guest Guest
Its lower risk then cheating or going to a hooker.

Perhaps lower risk than a hooker. How so lower risk than cheating?

You do know that even "nice people" get STD's right? It's not just for tramps anymore.

How can you be sure your risk is lower getting one from a swinging couple than going out and getting some strange?

Guest Guest

If his Jabba the Hut wife makes most of the money, how could she take everything he has?

She put that weight on for a reason. Some people put on weight as a subconscious emotional barrier to keep from getting close to others.

If she cared about losing her husband's affections, she'd do something about it and shed some poundage. She has reasons why she doesn't.

Guest Guest
My husband cheated on my with a 18 year old college student. I was gorgeous, she was an anorexic slut. What do you say to that?

DELETED

no, but seriously. When men mess around, it does not mean that they do not love you and cherich you. Men have the ability to compartmentalize things - and sex is one of those things.

I recently talked with a woman friend and told her I like to go to a "happy ending massage" place. She realated that she felt badly as their is no place like that for women. I told her to "do" the cable guy or something. She then clarifeied that he fantasy was really to have a wonderful intellectual conversation with a guy - that is what she really wanted, then maybe something aftrwards.

So me, I wanted a diconnected sexual experience - while she wanted a connected intellectual connection - at least first.

While the above is certainly just a generalization (not all men feel like me and not all women feel like her) it certainly is indicative that we (the different genders) are simply built very differently.

Guest Guest
She then clarifeied that he fantasy was really to have a wonderful intellectual conversation with a guy - that is what she really wanted, then maybe something aftrwards.

Most guys don't think that talking about shoe shopping is " a wonderful intellectual conversation."

Guest Guest
STFU, you misogynist pig.

I don't hate women. I need one around most of the time to keep my kitchen and bathroom clean.

And every once in a while they're useful for a good roll in the sack.

mi·sog·y·ny Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[mi-soj-uh-nee, mahy-] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–noun hatred, dislike, or mistrust of women.

Compare misandry.

—Related forms

mi·sog·y·nic, mi·sog·y·nous, mi·sog·y·nis·tic, adjective

mi·sog·y·nist, noun

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)

Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.

The party you speak of is from a Web Site and they are renting out the Days Inn on Front Street on Front Street in downtown Binghamton. The people that attend are ones that are in a group that swing all the time together

A friend of our was telling us about the last one a couple months ago, as he worked tending bar. He said it gets kind of wild, but there is no nudity allowed and all "swinging" must be taken to private rooms that these people rent from the Day's Inn. He said that you have to be a member of this site, and it's by invite only.

I am not sure if that is something I or Mr Mouser could ever get involved with. Sure it's just a sex act, and we know how we feel about each other and are very content.

What it really boils down to is the couple. When one goes out on another behind the back, it just down right WRONG ! And again, I don't care which sex it is, male or female !

OK, so after reading the thread and seeing a lot regarding women hitting middle age and menopause, what do you do when its the other way around? The woman is always, shall I say, "itchy" and the man has no drive at all? No matter what is done, the little guy on the big guy still doesn't want to come out and play? My old man gets more head than any guy I know, at least 3 to 4 times a week, (right out of the shower ladies-yummy) but the pokey-pokey is very scarce. Whats a woman to do? If I get some strange, I'm a dirty wh*re. Suffer? keep dreaming? keep scratching like a cat in heat? What?

Archived