why do men cheat on their wives?

Guest dlw

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest
1. Human beings are animals, just like a dog, cat, etc... we are almost fully guided by our natural instincts. The natural instinct of ALL species, including the human animal, is the survival of one's genes within the ongoing process of natural selection.

2. Women:

In order for their genes to survive, women must bear children, BUT, they can only reproduce every 9 months. Therefore, their instinct is to nurture their offspring in order for the best chance of survival.

3. Men:

Men are able to reproduce multiple times a day. It is therefore in the best interest of the survival of their genes to have as many partners as possible.

We have setup a society, through the societal institution of marriage, that is in opposition to the male's natural instinct. This is why sooo many men cheat. It is their natural instinct to do so. Simple.

You forgot that humans are unlike other animals in that we possess reason, free will, and a conscience.

If men want to preserve their own DNA, it behooves them to care for a single woman in order to make sure she keeps the kids alive and healthy.

Guest guest
Why do men cheat on their wives? I don't get it. If they don't want to get married then why do it?

Because there are enough pig women to go along with them

Guest Guest
There is no one reason why men and women cheat. Each situation is different and each person has their own reason and story behind it.

A more accurate statement would be that each person has their own "rationalization" behind it. I'm looking at the big picture, rather than people's individual self-satisfying anecdotes.

For some reason, people like to think that humans are not animals and do not have primal instincts and urges. I don't understand that line of thinking. History books are filled with 1000's of years of humans acting on our natural primal urges and instincts. I just don't see how it can be overlooked.

Guest Guest
You forgot that humans are unlike other animals in that we possess reason, free will, and a conscience.

If men want to preserve their own DNA, it behooves them to care for a single woman in order to make sure she keeps the kids alive and healthy.

We possess those things to a small extent. It's obvious to me when I study our society and history that both have been almost completely shaped by our animal instincts and urges. I just don't see how that can be disagreed with. Think about it! Think about the alpha males leading the packs. Think about the strong taking advantage of the weak. Think about the herd mentality of our society displayed through dress, culture, music, sports, etc... These are all primal instincts.

You DNA argument a little off. It would behoove a man to spread his seed to as many women as possible, thus increasing the odds of the survival of his genes. Putting all his "eggs" in one basket would obviously not be the best option. Having hundreds of children, even thousands, would exponentially increase his odds. I'm not saying I recommend that, but it's a core animal instinct, and we ARE just another type of animal, with instincts shared by all other similiar forms of animals!

Guest Guest
It would behoove a man to spread his seed to as many women as possible, thus increasing the odds of the survival of his genes. Putting all his "eggs" in one basket would obviously not be the best option. Having hundreds of children, even thousands, would exponentially increase his odds. I'm not saying I recommend that, but it's a core animal instinct, and we ARE just another type of animal, with instincts shared by all other similiar forms of animals!

How many men do you know who actually do that over the course of 20 years? And how many stay with one woman?

Guest Guest
How many men do you know who actually do that over the course of 20 years? And how many stay with one woman?

How many stay with just one woman? Less than 30% would be my estimate (50% divorced + 20% cheating unscathed). The point is that infidelity is the result of our natural instinct. Men succumb to their natural instinct to spread their seed. Women succumb to their natural instinct to find a new protector to help nuture their seed, that's why they don't cheat when their husband looses his hair, they cheat when he stops providing stability and security.

We have formed a society in direct contrast with the most primal and basic male natural instinct. The result is widespread infidelity and a 50+% divorce rate.

It's a very simple concept.

Simple answer, men feel entitled, and age old man thing,,what a crock!

I'm not dead, I see that once in a while click that happens when you see or meet someone.

I'm, married as I said not dead, but there it ends. It happens to the guy as well and from the little conversation you can see he is willing to go further,NO! What you should feel is a bit of flattery, a little boost if you need it and that is that.

What I am saying is it goes both ways, he takes the same approach or he's out of there.

You want to cheat, end your marriage first and when it is over go after all your so called adventures. What you find in the end of it all, how empty this is, I want my family back..to late if you dont' know the rules going in.

Guest Guest
Simple answer, men feel entitled, and age old man thing,,what a crock!

I'm not dead, I see that once in a while click that happens when you see or meet someone.

I'm, married as I said not dead, but there it ends. It happens to the guy as well and from the little conversation you can see he is willing to go further,NO! What you should feel is a bit of flattery, a little boost if you need it and that is that.

What I am saying is it goes both ways, he takes the same approach or he's out of there.

You want to cheat, end your marriage first and when it is over go after all your so called adventures. What you find in the end of it all, how empty this is, I want my family back..to late if you dont' know the rules going in.

Why is it an "age old man thing"?

Because the males of our species have been following their most basic primal instinct for the last 20,000 years!!!

Guest Guest

You people are AFU'd. Although some have valid points, what most are missing is the fact that it is NOT JUST THE MALE.

The Female Is Just As Likely To Roam......

Guest Guest
How many stay with just one woman? Less than 30% would be my estimate (50% divorced + 20% cheating unscathed). The point is that infidelity is the result of our natural instinct. Men succumb to their natural instinct to spread their seed. Women succumb to their natural instinct to find a new protector to help nuture their seed, that's why they don't cheat when their husband looses his hair, they cheat when he stops providing stability and security.

We have formed a society in direct contrast with the most primal and basic male natural instinct. The result is widespread infidelity and a 50+% divorce rate.

It's a very simple concept.

That would mean that 70% of married men cheat.

Show me where you got your numbers, please.

Otherwise, you're just a bitter, aging divorcee who can't get a date.

Guest Guest
That would mean that 70% of married men cheat.

Show me where you got your numbers, please.

Otherwise, you're just a bitter, aging divorcee who can't get a date.

yea - 70% is a kind of low number.

Guest Guest
Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!

This has GOT to qualify for some kind of Darwin award.

Survival of the fittest?

I agree. I'm mentally fit to outsurvive women.

Guest Guest
Survival of the fittest?

I agree. I'm mentally fit to outsurvive women.

Funny. Do you know why over a millennium men have been sent to war....because they are expendable.

@

Guest Guest
Funny. Do you know why over a millennium men have been sent to war....because they are expendable.

@

Actually it's because women are too physically and emotionally weak to go.

Guest Guest
I still can't figure out why it is such a big deal in the US. Other counties can handle infidelity without all the fanfare. Maybe other places don't live in denial of human nature.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/200803...HyxENEFJdGs0NUE

FINALLY, someone else who gets it. Don't expect any meaningfull responses though, most people think humans are NOT animals (in the scientific sense). I'll never figure that one out. It's just rampant egoism.

@

Guest Guest

It's not cheating!

It's a form of entertainment.

Just like playing GOLF or being a soccer mom, sex is a sport.

And its not cheating if both do it with each others permission.

This ain't the 1940's no more people, get with the times.

Guest husband
Why do men cheat on their wives? I don't get it. If they don't want to get married then why do it?

Because when I said I do she said "you bet your a"" you will. Only kidding. I think it happens more often these days as our society seems to except it in a way. However, I don't cheat, it can be very costly.

@

Archived