What's happening on the parkway

Guest Bob

Guest Sick of Democrats
I'm proud of them...!! The pendulum is swinging from the right back to something that makes sense....it's about time.

I'm on the right and against the war... unfortunately no one from EITHER party is going to stop this giant waste of $$$$ so let's not get ahead of ourselves :)

@

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest
From the raw footage it looks like the Vestal Police and BU Campus Security went overboard. The kids were blocking the street but that not such a problem until they got near the recruiting area. The police appear to follow the protestors for several minutes before one cop leaves his car and very aggressively steps up into the guy walking in the passing lane. Suddenly the act of holding up traffic is a crime and now needs direct physical intervention. A melee breaks out with the police throwing kids to the ground although the reason for needing to do so isn't apparent in any way from the video. In fact one of the kids just seems to be standing there when he's thrown to the ground and cuffed. This is later explained as necessary due to the endangering of public safety as supposedly proven by a traffic accident when it appears that it was the police reaction and arrests which caused the accident. You can clearly see the crumpled car limp by as the police are busy throwing kids down and spraying mace at the kids standing nearby. The kids shouldn't have pushed the police, if they did, but the police bungled this affair precipitating the confrontation leading to the pushing. I'm kind of ashamed from what I saw.

The ignorance on this board never ceases to amaze me. BU has not had Campus Security in over 25 years. These officers are Police Officers, with college educations, who have passed a state-wide civil service exam and passed a rigorous qualification process including police academy training. They have among the highest entrance qualifications of any agency in the state. They deal with students (and outsiders) every single day, and they always show great restraint. More restraint than most other agencies would show. A few people got arrested because they broke the law. Big deal. 8 students arrested out of over 14000 isn't exactly an indication of a growing college student activisim movement. These are the throw-back hippie types with bongo drums and chants.

@

Guest Guest
Just watched the long video. Has anybody else noticed how unintelligent these people appear to be? They are seriously in college? They sounded and looked like a bunch of idiot morons, half the time they didnt even have a clue what they were talking about.

I have to say, I think they sounded more intelligent and articulate than our president -and he supposedly graduated from Yale.

@

Archived