What's happening on the parkway

Guest Bob

Guest Guest

Just great. Hope you idiots are happy? Injuring at least one person on the parkway because of your immature act! Now Don't get me wrong I don't think it is a good idea that we are over in Iraq but you are only adding to the problems. Then to take it out on the soldiers that are just trying to protect are country. We may be over in Iraq for the wrong reason but how is it our soldiers fault. Wouldn't it be are commander in chief?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest
DELETED :angry::angry::angry:

oh brother,, what dragged you out of your cave? Exactly what did BU students do to you that makes you so unreasonably angry? Are you jealous because you don't have an education? Sure sounds like it.

Guest Guest

First of all, it was on the scanner, one of the female officers reporting that she had asked them several times to move over to one lane, not block both lanes. The students were also chanting "its our street" as they blocked traffice. EXCUSE ME! this was a peaceful war protest! If this was to be peaceful, why not move over.

Secondly, if this was peaceful why then does Fox 40 have up a video of a little punk puke student running up to an officer, hitting the officer over the back with his sign and then running away.

Lets see them explain that one away. Ww didn't do anything, that officer back into our sign as we peacefully protested!

GO HOME WE DONT WANT YOU HERE. And no this does not apply to all students. Most of the students are good citizens.

Guest Guest
100% on the money and all you close minded bingalingers (citizen born and raised in BC, myself included) refuse to see the big picture. There are huge corporations that have made billions off Bush's War, THAT and about ten other examples of gov't corruption, is what is more important than some kids who have more balls than the entire population of Boon County, standing up for their rights!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am moving to PA, this place is a joke. If laughing wasn't so healthy I would already be gone!!

I used to live in Susquehanna County Pa. Believe me it's worse than Broome County! Our Electricity would go off for Days on end, It took and hour for police to respond if you are lucky, With the price of gas I spent a fortune commuting to work, Fire and Ambulance were volunteers who were under funded and short staffed, There was an additional Head Tax to be paid by all citizens of Susky County. Plus Susquehanna county is very poor financially as opposed to Broome County and Montrose schools pale in comparison to Vestal, UE or Binghamton, etc.

Guest Guest
Yea just received confirmation there was an anti war protest that caused at least 3 motor vehicle accidents on the parkway in front of the plaza. If you want to protest somthing....fine...but when it causes problems and possible injuries to innocent people, then there is issues. I love how these kids protest something based on nothing more than what is told to them by some left wing nut case professors or the media. Cops should taze these little pukes and drive them back to the city.

http://pressconnects.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...NEWS01/80318019

"I love how these kids protest something based on nothing more than what is told to them by some left wing nut case professors or the media. Cops should taze these little pukes and drive them back to the city".

Poptart, I totally agree with you. :)

I also like your comment at the end of all of your posts, too funny and very true.

Guest Guest

Just watched fox 40 video again. Amazing to see this DELETED run up and hit the back of the cop and run. What a weasel.. Someone like that has to protest the war because he's too scared to fight like a man.

Guest Ask a Black Man
oh brother,, what dragged you out of your cave? Exactly what did BU students do to you that makes you so unreasonably angry? Are you jealous because you don't have an education? Sure sounds like it.

Most of them are spoiled brats. I graduated from BCC with pretty good marks by the way.

Guest Real Name??
Most of them are spoiled brats. I graduated from BCC with pretty good marks by the way.

Are you a White Man using Ask a Black Man as your guest sign-in name????

Guest Guest

Dont know how true it is but I heard there is going to be a "peace vigil" tomorrow evening at 5:30 at some Unitarian Congregation in Binghamton.

Why were the protesting a recruiting station, those men and women are there to do a job just like everyone else. Someone asked my brother if he was going to shoot someone in Afghanistan; and he said well, that's what I get paid for. Some people scan groceries and I shoot a machine gun." If you want to protest and make your point, it should be done in the right place. Take it to a government building where decisions are made not where people are doing what they're told to do in order to feed their families.

I keep seeing things said about Iraq, the war is done in Iraq we're only there to keep peace now. Do you protest that we still have military in Korea or Germany?

Guest BCVoice Reporter

Go to channel 34's website to see the uncut version of the protest attack on police.

Please post a link to it here!

it was according to psb...at least 50 arrested. Wow their parents must be proud. And what did they solve?

Nothing was solved in any way. Their protest solved absolutely NOTHING at all. Like all the Troops are going to stop fighting & go home just because some students from BU say so. Those students are sent to school to get extra education to advance their goals & lives, NOT to stand out blocking traffic & disrupting the lives of countless others in our community.

They startd whining about being harrased & pushed around by the police. If they had been in their assigned classrooms doing what they're supposed to be doing, then they wouldn't have had anythng to worry about, now would they?

If those weeping winnie bleeding hearts don't like following the rules, then they can leave, go out in the real world & get along. How far would they get without Mommy & Daddy wipping out the old checkbooks, what would they do then? They'd be taking turns bumming or rolling cigarettes down in front of the Welfare Office, while they wait to go in & get their emergency food stamps & housing. They don't realize how well off they really are.

Guest Guest

How Dare they protest the Iraq War!! They are all a bunch of Obama COMMUNISTS!!!!!

TROLL ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Guest

From the raw footage it looks like the Vestal Police and BU Campus Security went overboard. The kids were blocking the street but that not such a problem until they got near the recruiting area. The police appear to follow the protestors for several minutes before one cop leaves his car and very aggressively steps up into the guy walking in the passing lane. Suddenly the act of holding up traffic is a crime and now needs direct physical intervention. A melee breaks out with the police throwing kids to the ground although the reason for needing to do so isn't apparent in any way from the video. In fact one of the kids just seems to be standing there when he's thrown to the ground and cuffed. This is later explained as necessary due to the endangering of public safety as supposedly proven by a traffic accident when it appears that it was the police reaction and arrests which caused the accident. You can clearly see the crumpled car limp by as the police are busy throwing kids down and spraying mace at the kids standing nearby. The kids shouldn't have pushed the police, if they did, but the police bungled this affair precipitating the confrontation leading to the pushing. I'm kind of ashamed from what I saw.

Archived