What's happening on the parkway

Guest Bob

Several police cars both Binghamton and NYS police are flying down the parkway. Saw several cars and the paddy wagon and a few unmarked cars fly by the office window. Lots of sirens. Anyone know what's up?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Protest backs up parkway traffic

A protest against the Iraq War that originated on the Binghamton University campus has reached the Vestal Parkway and is backing up traffic.

At least several protesters have been arrested near University Plaza when they refused to move from the roadway.

About 40 protestors remain on the scene, which has drawn multiple police agencies.

Yea just received confirmation there was an anti war protest that caused at least 3 motor vehicle accidents on the parkway in front of the plaza. If you want to protest somthing....fine...but when it causes problems and possible injuries to innocent people, then there is issues. I love how these kids protest something based on nothing more than what is told to them by some left wing nut case professors or the media. Cops should taze these little pukes and drive them back to the city.

http://pressconnects.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...NEWS01/80318019

Yea just received confirmation there was an anti war protest that caused at least 3 motor vehicle accidents on the parkway in front of the plaza. If you want to protest somthing....fine...but when it causes problems and possible injuries to innocent people, then there is issues. I love how these kids protest something based on nothing more than what is told to them by some left wing nut case professors or the media. Cops should taze these little pukes and drive them back to the city.

Sounds like some have met the mace. I heard on WNBF that ambulances were there to take care of sprayed protesters.

SEVERAL??? There's gotta be 50 cars from everywhere....all depts. Sherriff, State, Vestal, Bing, Port Dick and there has to be 15 unmarked cars. There's some kind of war protest. I saw someone getting cuffed & stuffed...guess we just have to wait.

Several police cars both Binghamton and NYS police are flying down the parkway. Saw several cars and the paddy wagon and a few unmarked cars fly by the office window. Lots of sirens. Anyone know what's up?

I'm proud of them...!! The pendulum is swinging from the right back to something that makes sense....it's about time.

Guest Guest
Saw a hippie or two getting up close and personal with the hood of a vestal Police car...draft them all and send 'em overseas

wow - a hippie sighting

I'm proud of them...!! The pendulum is swinging from the right back to something that makes sense....it's about time.

Swinging BACK from the right?? wow you must really have your head in the sand if you think this country guided by the right. Look at the media, the tv news, the major newspapers. Heck even the psb is a left paper. The left has been slowly eroding this country since the sixties. It doesn't take much to see that.

Guest Pi55ed

Maybe you should get your ass tazed :angry: Let me ask you something out of all the protestors how many are American Troops? The answer is none, so I guess all support the war. My best friend is in Iraq right now and calls me every month. He tells me their isn't one person that regrets going and doing what needs to be done over in fuckin Iraq. It's called a war ladies and gentleman, so get used to it because it has been happening in our history for centuries!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest concerned
Swinging BACK from the right?? wow you must really have your head in the sand if you think this country guided by the right. Look at the media, the tv news, the major newspapers. Heck even the psb is a left paper. The left has been slowly eroding this country since the sixties. It doesn't take much to see that.

You are right on. I am so tired of the liberal press and unless we start standing up to these people this country is not going to stand. I am so proud of our men and women in uniform who are fighting for us. It is a shame they have to see these protests. They do see them. Why aren't these jerks in class? Why aren't they studying? No, they want to cause problems. These people seem to have all the rights and the good citizens must put up with their crap. They endanger lives, but that's ok they have an agenda after all. Proud wife of a (2 purple heart veteran from Viet Nam)

Guest Guest

Hey poptart, I am usually on your side, but you seem overly concerned about some problems and injuries due to a protest, but not as concerened with the multitude of problems and hundres of thousands of deaths due to the war. It is kind of like the people who were so down on the saint pats four, saying how dangerous it was to have a little blood tossed around, yet they did not seem to concerned about the blood of a couple hundred thousand people, over 50,000 of which was the blood of US troops, nearly 500 of which died.

just talked to a buddy and he said the brats have been maced and tazed. as of 1/2 hour ago no police officers have been injured. several suny brats have become hood ornaments however. he said he'd call back when it calmed down.

FROM PRESSCONNECTS.COM

Protestors arrested at anti-war rally

About a half-dozen protesters were being charged this afternoon in connection with an anti-war rally that tied up traffic on the Vestal Parkway.

Just after 1 p.m., protesters walked on the Vestal Parkway east from the Binghamton University to Plaza Drive at Service Road near the University Plaza.

The situation escalated when protesters began walking in traffic. Officers reportedly used pepper spray.

Police originally discussed arresting the entire group, but most protestors peacefully walked back to campus. About 60 protestors were at the rally, police said.

The protestors who were arrested had pushed police officers, said Lt. Gerald J. Mullins of the Vestal Police Department.

Police from all over Broome County were summoned to the protest, which slowed traffic going eastbound on the Vestal Parkway.

According to protesters, they had originally planned to stand in front of the university, but spontaneously decided to visit the military recruiting station at University Plaza.

Vestal, BU and state police, as well as Broome County Sheriff’s deputies and Binghamton police were doing both crowd and traffic control at the scene.

At least 25 police cruisers were on the scene.

Guest Ask a Black Man

POST DELETED - IN CASE YOU HAVEN'T NOTICED MY TOLERANCE LEVEL IS PRETTY LOW TONIGHT

Guest Ask a Black Man
You need to calm down!! Do not run over people with your vehicle!!! You may need ANGER MANAGEMENT therapy!!!

That didn't work when I was in second grade, all of middle and high school, and now college. Their isn't anything that will help me cope with my anger. I've been getting therapy for almost 10 years just to prevent me from lashing out.

Guest Guest

So stupid, protesting against a war that has been going on for how long now?

What does it do?

Nothing but get the people who were arrested a rap sheet now.

Good Job Guys! Way to Go! :rolleyes:

Archived