Real Estate

Guest getting out of here

I know alot of people that have moved away only to come back in a fews years because they like it here better. So we don't have a thriving economy right now I'm sure all cities go through it at some point. It's a fact of life. If there is something around here that doesn't make me happy (that I have control of) I just fix it instead of complaining! Life isn't so bad. The way I look at it is if I get up in the morning with my family then it's already a good day! We deal with everything else as it comes!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jimmy c
Actually I sold mine in 06' Get a clue, you sound like a realtor. Wait a minute! I bet you are one!

Warning everyone, theres a rose colored glasses wearing realtor on the board.

The only houses that sold fast were rental properties. And no one local bought them. Nor did locals move into them.

Haven't you read all the posts about the NYC people moving in?

Nah...you wear rose colored glasses.

This person sounds like a bu student-retarded

Guest Guest

I wonder if its always the same poster that spends his life slamming the Binghamton area, talking about how much better his new $300,000 home is but never saying where it is? Its always a guest, and whoever it is, goes to great pains to support the slamming with carefully researched statistics. What is that? I want to know where this guy lives. Maybe I could locate a local forum to link him to so he can read about all the people complaining about the people who move there from Binghamton and do nothing but post on the Binghamton web-site.

Us locals know we have problems here. We don't need "outsiders" poking around our business. Maybe you should go rant on the Elmira site for a while. And if you insist on staying on this site, tell us where you live so we can give you our impression of your promised land. And since you like throwing around big numbers - tell us what you do for a living and what you're paid. I'm thinking that even if your taxes went down 75% your mortgage went up 300% so the cash flow went a little negative. Did you pick up an extra $1500 a month in salary with the move?

But as to the housing and real estate thing - you're totally off the mark. Houses have been and continue to sell pretty well here, at appreciated prices. Everyone who responded seems to support this point. I sold my deceased mother in law's house in short order at a nice price.

By the way, back in the 80's we had a name for people like you.... CHUMP !!!

Guest local53
If you truly had a "Real Life", and are living it up elsewhere, why on earth would you feel the need to post your nastiness on this local forum? <_<

I had the same thought, the area has its faults and it's good points but if I was that happy elsewhere I wouldn't bother reading this at all.

Guest Guest
Of course it's the same person. It's Thomas Pain from the old board. IPs match.

@

Someone tell Mr. Pain that the reason he never gets invited to cocktail parties anymore is because of his opening line - "Hi I'm Tom Pain, ever heard of Binghamton? Well let me tell you what a crap hole it is....."

Guest I am selling too
They still are. My house sold in 13 days in the dead middle of winter - January in fact.

@

I will be selling my home too this spring. Who did you list with to sell that quickly? I heard McKinnie Real Estate is the best in this area for buying and selling homes. Is that who you used?

Guest Guest
Johnny on the Spot.

do you like moe. and wrestling??

And do you like Beetlejuice on Stern?

Do you like 20 year old girlfriends?

And your parents basement?

And wearing cargo pants with long sleeve button ups?

And Making hats?

Do you Al.Sterbate?

do you like moe. and wrestling??

And do you like Beetlejuice on Stern?

Do you like 20 year old girlfriends?

And your parents basement?

And wearing cargo pants with long sleeve button ups?

And Making hats?

Do you Al.Sterbate?

Actually no, but I do know who you are speaking of.

Guest Guest
Johnny on the Spot.

How about Chicken Fingers from Dennys?

How about Penny?

or Hawks?

What about Chicken Wraps from The Lost Dog?

What do you think about The North Face?

Do you wash your hoodies?

Are you a Libertarian?

Do you like jams that noodle, or jams that have direction?

Do you hate SCI?

Do you think the Disco Biscuits are OK?

Have you seen 95 moe. shows, or less?

And last, But Not Least...

.....do you like Garbage?

if you have valid answers to these questions, You know who I am. ...

...Or Do You????? hahahahahaha

Guest Guest
This thread is obviously populated with realtors and teachers- cant you just go do your jobs instead of being on BCV all the time?

@

What a pathetic post. My God, you don't really believe this do you? I feel sorry for you.

Guest Guest
I will start off by throwing my white flag up, I am a realtor, but I come in peace!! If you are worried about the house not selling in time... you can put it on the market now with a contingency that will allow a buyer to put an offer on the house and purchase it, but it will not officially close until January. This will also allow for you to have your house on the market for a longer time period, if it doesn't sell you can gradually reduce the price; this way you are not scrambling to sell it in december after a drastic price reduction. Hope I helped! Let me know if you have any other questions!

Amanda who? Never heard of you. You must be inexperienced because anyone in Real Property knows that a property is only purchased AT CLOSING. At the time of transfer. Not when an offer is placed. Maybe you just worded your post incorrectly. And also a good Buyer's Agent who researches properties for their client, as they should, will discover if a property has sat on the market for an extended period of time. That NEVER looks good or makes a buyer feel comfortable. They are always wondering WHY. Don't worry, you will get better with more experience/practice.

@

Guest Guest
Amanda who? Never heard of you. You must be inexperienced because anyone in Real Property knows that a property is only purchased AT CLOSING. At the time of transfer. Not when an offer is placed. Maybe you just worded your post incorrectly. And also a good Buyer's Agent who researches properties for their client, as they should, will discover if a property has sat on the market for an extended period of time. That NEVER looks good or makes a buyer feel comfortable. They are always wondering WHY. Don't worry, you will get better with more experience/practice.

@

Well well well aren't you pleasant. Yes the way I worded my post was a little misleading... my deepest apologies. I meant to say the property is purchased at closing. But if they had a contingency and someone still wanted to make an offer at least they wouldn't have to worry about not selling the house. My main focus was the sellers concern about not being able to sell the house in time. Isn't that what we are supposed to be doing? Taking care of the customers/clients concerns, making them feel comfortable?? I will say to you the same thing I said to the other person responding to my post. This was MY opinion, MY advice to the seller based on what they said they were concerned about, I was informing them of one of their options. If you disagree with me thats fine of course! I would never bash you for your opinion or for how you would handle a situation. If you would like to give advice to the OP I am sure he/she would appreciate it... And just for the record, I have dealt with a couple transactions involving contingencies and never had an issue. And don't cut me down and assume I have little experience or practice... it makes you look petty and childish. You will note I did not stoop to your level. Always a pleasure.

Guest Guest
Well well well aren't you pleasant. Yes the way I worded my post was a little misleading... my deepest apologies. I meant to say the property is purchased at closing. But if they had a contingency and someone still wanted to make an offer at least they wouldn't have to worry about not selling the house. My main focus was the sellers concern about not being able to sell the house in time. Isn't that what we are supposed to be doing? Taking care of the customers/clients concerns, making them feel comfortable?? I will say to you the same thing I said to the other person responding to my post. This was MY opinion, MY advice to the seller based on what they said they were concerned about, I was informing them of one of their options. If you disagree with me thats fine of course! I would never bash you for your opinion or for how you would handle a situation. If you would like to give advice to the OP I am sure he/she would appreciate it... And just for the record, I have dealt with a couple transactions involving contingencies and never had an issue. And don't cut me down and assume I have little experience or practice... it makes you look petty and childish. You will note I did not stoop to your level. Always a pleasure.

No, little experience is when you present yourself as a professional, but decline to say with limitations. If you are going to offer a "professional" opinion it should be on point. There is no room for errors when you are disseminating information. Doing so allows you to appear incompetant and inexperienced. BTW, did you also explain that unless they find a cash buyer that many times waiting several months allows for the mortgage lock in rate on financing contingencies to expire? Thereby creating a new mess for the buyer? Yes, you can place a house on the market with a contingency but don't candy coat it to "make them comfortable" when all you are doing is looking thorugh rose colored glasses. That's really not what a seller needs, they need the truth. Stooping? That would imply that I am beneath you. Dear, no one is bashing you. Just informing you that there is more than one way to skin a cat.

@

Guest Guest
No, little experience is when you present yourself as a professional, but decline to say with limitations. If you are going to offer a "professional" opinion it should be on point. There is no room for errors when you are disseminating information. Doing so allows you to appear incompetant and inexperienced. BTW, did you also explain that unless they find a cash buyer that many times waiting several months allows for the mortgage lock in rate on financing contingencies to expire? Thereby creating a new mess for the buyer? Yes, you can place a house on the market with a contingency but don't candy coat it to "make them comfortable" when all you are doing is looking thorugh rose colored glasses. That's really not what a seller needs, they need the truth. Stooping? That would imply that I am beneath you. Dear, no one is bashing you. Just informing you that there is more than one way to skin a cat.

@

I have no limitations that need to be disclosed. Buyers do not have to lock in their rate either do they??? They have the option to float it do they not??? In my position I was advising the seller only. It would be the buyers agents' job to worry about the best interest of their buyer. Bottom line, I was stating that if they were worried about the house not selling in time, they could place it on the market now/ soon/ whatever... with a contingency. This is correct, yes? And yes at this point I am implying you are beneath me. If you were generally concerned about the situation at hand you would be directly advising the OP, the seller who had the original question. Instead, you are picking me apart. Instead of thinking of me as a fellow realtor, you're picking me apart because you are considering me your competition perhaps? And yes, I do agree there is more than one way to skin a cat. My idea was one way, but not the only way, obviously. I am sure that the seller would appreciate any advice you have and any tactics you would use to "skin the cat." lets not turn this post into another childish bickering match. Just agree that, while it may not be the way you would do it, it is an option. That is all I was trying to do was provide the seller with another option.

Guest Guest
I have no limitations that need to be disclosed. Buyers do not have to lock in their rate either do they??? They have the option to float it do they not??? In my position I was advising the seller only. It would be the buyers agents' job to worry about the best interest of their buyer. Bottom line, I was stating that if they were worried about the house not selling in time, they could place it on the market now/ soon/ whatever... with a contingency. This is correct, yes? And yes at this point I am implying you are beneath me. If you were generally concerned about the situation at hand you would be directly advising the OP, the seller who had the original question. Instead, you are picking me apart. Instead of thinking of me as a fellow realtor, you're picking me apart because you are considering me your competition perhaps? And yes, I do agree there is more than one way to skin a cat. My idea was one way, but not the only way, obviously. I am sure that the seller would appreciate any advice you have and any tactics you would use to "skin the cat." lets not turn this post into another childish bickering match. Just agree that, while it may not be the way you would do it, it is an option. That is all I was trying to do was provide the seller with another option.

All mortage commitments expire do they not? They don't last forever. Hence the word EXPIRATION. It was never stated that you are not correct in advising your "option", but you failed to state all of the possible "bumps" that can occur in the road. This will come with more experience on your part. Sweetie, you are far from above me. And it seems the only "cat" here is you.

Guest Guest
All mortage commitments expire do they not? They don't last forever. Hence the word EXPIRATION. It was never stated that you are not correct in advising your "option", but you failed to state all of the possible "bumps" that can occur in the road. This will come with more experience on your part. Sweetie, you are far from above me. And it seems the only "cat" here is you.

Again, you're assuming I am inexperienced and now implying that I am under you... You do not know me, don't judge me or my character. Let's put this to rest because it is obviously going no where..... again... I encourage you to voice your opinion and give your advice to the OP instead of cutting down people who already have. Come on now, step up and lets hear what you would do, not how stupid you think everyone else is, prove to us how bright you are.

Guest Guest
I am going to sell my house in JC and moving my family to a warmer climate. We plan on leaving in Jan. 09 since I am graduating from Binghamton University in Dec of 08.

When would be a good time to put it on the market if I plan to get out of here by Jan 09?

Thanks.

Here, I will give you some advice. If you plan to leave by Jan. '09 start your research now with an agent. Talk with several without even getting into a listing price factor. Find one who gives you the Pro's and Con's of marketing too far in advance. Not someone who only tells you what you want to hear to make you "comfortable." You must also realize that it is the market and Buyer demand that dictates. Most buyers are wanting to buy now, not 9 months from now. Sit down and go through your finances. How long after Jan.'09, if need be, can you afford to have the house on the market? If the house received an accepatble offer immediatley and a buyer was not willing to wait, could you rent temporarily until Jan.'09? How does your house compare to those around you? Are there any minor, inexpensive improvements that need to be done? Are all of your major, big ticket items in working order? These are just a few things to consider now, not later. A six month period would be ideal for you, but it depends on these factors and more. Good luck.

Archived