Real Estate

Guest getting out of here

Guest Guest
Again, you're assuming I am inexperienced and now implying that I am under you... You do not know me, don't judge me or my character. Let's put this to rest because it is obviously going no where..... again... I encourage you to voice your opinion and give your advice to the OP instead of cutting down people who already have. Come on now, step up and lets hear what you would do, not how stupid you think everyone else is, prove to us how bright you are.

Are you having a spell of some sort? You did "imply" that I was beneath you (see your previous post). I was just informing you that you were incorrect reagrding that statement. I never called you stupid or made that implication..but if the shoe fits, wear it.

@

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jimmy crack corn...
Here, I will give you some advice. If you plan to leave by Jan. '09 start your research now with an agent. Talk with several without even getting into a listing price factor. Find one who gives you the Pro's and Con's of marketing too far in advance. Not someone who only tells you what you want to hear to make you "comfortable." You must also realize that it is the market and Buyer demand that dictates. Most buyers are wanting to buy now, not 9 months from now. Sit down and go through your finances. How long after Jan.'09, if need be, can you afford to have the house on the market? If the house received an accepatble offer immediatley and a buyer was not willing to wait, could you rent temporarily until Jan.'09? How does your house compare to those around you? Are there any minor, inexpensive improvements that need to be done? Are all of your major, big ticket items in working order? These are just a few things to consider now, not later. A six month period would be ideal for you, but it depends on these factors and more. Good luck.

What a moron!!!

Guest Guest
What a moron!!!

... This was a different poster than me; the one you have been going back and forth with over this you have been calling me out on everything I have said... now you have put your advice up and someone called you out. I don't want you to think I am starting back with you because I am done playing little games. Agents should be focused on the customers and clients not trying to cut each other down. But, oh wise one, how does it feel to have someone call you out!?! You're not a genius and everyone doesn't agree with you either. maybe you will think differently when trying to approach the idea of giving someone criticism, constructive or not, you need to be a little more tactful. It doesn't get under my skin, but if you talked to someone else the same way you talked to me, they may not react the same. Live and learn though right? Good luck to you and all your business, maybe I'll see you out in the trenches someday :o )

@

Guest Guest

Wow you people who live in BC are really crazy.....one minute you're all trashing the place, the taxes, the mayor, gangs, the blacks, potholes, nyseg, you name it and you allllllllllllllllllllll complain at great lenght. Than someone comes on and tells you about the good fortune they've had by moving away, and what do you idiots do??? You bash him and call him names, WHY is that.???? hmmmmmmmmm could it be because you can't handle the truth!!!!!!!!! Keep drinking that kool-aid and you'll all be dead up there soon enough. I moved down south many years ago, but i get on the voice to hear what's going on, so what's wrong with that? It's a public forum, that's why it's here for all of us to read and reply to. So how's for that 42% new WATER TAX? BECAUSE TOOOOOOOOO MANY PEOPLE ARE MOVING AWAY...HAHAHAHHAAH you all deserve one another. I love to get on here once a week just to make myself feel even better (if that's possible) about moving the hell out of that DELETED! Till next week Loosers

@

Guest shaking her head
Again, you're assuming I am inexperienced and now implying that I am under you... You do not know me, don't judge me or my character. Let's put this to rest because it is obviously going no where..... again... I encourage you to voice your opinion and give your advice to the OP instead of cutting down people who already have. Come on now, step up and lets hear what you would do, not how stupid you think everyone else is, prove to us how bright you are.

The person is not assuming you are an inexperienced agent. They know this for a fact because they have been in the business for years and never heard of you. Most importantly they know you are an inexperienced agent because you gave such terrible advice. There is a revolving door of agents who think they are going to make money as a realtor. They were never properly trained by the franchise they work for. They don't know how to work on their own. They don't know a thing about the area and don't even know the name of the streets unless it is three blocks from their house.

They overprice everything they list. They stay in the business for 6 to 12 months, just long enough to screw up a couple of deals. Then they get out of the business and another dreamer who thinks they are going to make money without working and learning the business takes their place.

Guest The Virginian

Some or most of us who have moved away have found greener pastures, warmer weather, strong economies, and yes, after living in BC for over 50 years, the best thing I ever did was to move away from what I can now honestly say was a st hole........after being gone for almost 5 years from the "Greater Binghamton" area I had to return last August for a family gathering..........It was truly amazing to see how much the city had been rundown, truly sad ! You can trash us "deserters" all that you want, but the fact remains, most of us like to check on our "hometown" via BC VOICE............. If you are all still happy with the things the way they are, so be it............and for you who are considering leaving, it will probably be the best thing you ever do........Good Luck! I'm sure we'll be taking our Sunday walk on the beach this weekend........have fun by the fireplace, trying to stay warm.

Some or most of us who have moved away have found greener pastures, warmer weather, strong economies, and yes, after living in BC for over 50 years, the best thing I ever did was to move away from what I can now honestly say was a st hole........after being gone for almost 5 years from the "Greater Binghamton" area I had to return last August for a family gathering..........It was truly amazing to see how much the city had been rundown, truly sad ! You can trash us "deserters" all that you want, but the fact remains, most of us like to check on our "hometown" via BC VOICE............. If you are all still happy with the things the way they are, so be it............and for you who are considering leaving, it will probably be the best thing you ever do........Good Luck! I'm sure we'll be taking our Sunday walk on the beach this weekend........have fun by the fireplace, trying to stay warm.

Leaving is the best thing you ever did, yet you still post on our local board. As I've said to those in previous posts, if your new location is so great, why are you posting on a Broom County message board??? Either you didn't really leave, or you new place isn't that great.

@

Guest Guest

Kermit, obviously you are stuck there. It shows in your BC mentality.

You obviously didn't read the post you quoted thoroughly. The poster was stating about their view of the city after being gone for 5 years, and returning for a family gathering.

I, like them, left as well. I have also seen the blight that remains.

You on the other hand refuse to open your eyes and face the awful truth of what the area has become.

You are obviously a very scared person that has never faced the reality of the world surrounding you. It shows in your rather childish board name and avatar.

So you choose to lash out at those who make comments based on real life observations of BC. But you choose to bury your head in the sand, see what you only wish to see and hear what you only wish to hear. Its apparent in your other comments on this thread as to what your line of thinking and reasoning is.

All of us that left the area are better for it.

The only retort you people have is to say things like "glad you're gone" and "Don't come back".

Well believe me, we are glad to be gone, and we won't be back.

I think we come here because its like watching a horrific train wreck or car accident. We simply can't wait to see what other poor life choices you people are going to pull off next. And the ridiculous excuses you will make for those choices.

So, we are gone, we won't be back. But we are still watching and commenting. You cannot stop that.

Pull your head out of your butt and pay attention. You may actually learn something from people that left there.

Guest Guest

BRAVO, THANK YOU, I TOO LIKE TO READ/WATCH THE TRAIN WRECK. I moved from that ghetto years ago and would never go back. Went back 3 years ago and couldn't believe what I saw, amazing how horrible it was,looked like a war zone. I feel really bad for the people who still live there and can't get out. Pity

Guest Guest
What a moron!!!

I read this reply and thought the advice was pretty helpful. Why are you calling them a moron? You didn't exactly offer anything except name calling. What is wrong with you people?

Guest Guest
The person is not assuming you are an inexperienced agent. They know this for a fact because they have been in the business for years and never heard of you. Most importantly they know you are an inexperienced agent because you gave such terrible advice. There is a revolving door of agents who think they are going to make money as a realtor. They were never properly trained by the franchise they work for. They don't know how to work on their own. They don't know a thing about the area and don't even know the name of the streets unless it is three blocks from their house.

They overprice everything they list. They stay in the business for 6 to 12 months, just long enough to screw up a couple of deals. Then they get out of the business and another dreamer who thinks they are going to make money without working and learning the business takes their place.

HOW TRUE! At least I am not the only one who reads into this!

Guest Guest
... This was a different poster than me; the one you have been going back and forth with over this you have been calling me out on everything I have said... now you have put your advice up and someone called you out. I don't want you to think I am starting back with you because I am done playing little games. Agents should be focused on the customers and clients not trying to cut each other down. But, oh wise one, how does it feel to have someone call you out!?! You're not a genius and everyone doesn't agree with you either. maybe you will think differently when trying to approach the idea of giving someone criticism, constructive or not, you need to be a little more tactful. It doesn't get under my skin, but if you talked to someone else the same way you talked to me, they may not react the same. Live and learn though right? Good luck to you and all your business, maybe I'll see you out in the trenches someday :o )

@

Call them out? How so. Because your desk mate called them a moron? Hah. I hope that you have a second job because at the rate you are going, with all of your worldly and wise ways, you will need it for a back up plan. You sound like nothing more than a bubble headed twit. Welcome to the trenches...

@

Guest Guest
Call them out? How so. Because your desk mate called them a moron? Hah. I hope that you have a second job because at the rate you are going, with all of your worldly and wise ways, you will need it for a back up plan. You sound like nothing more than a bubble headed twit. Welcome to the trenches...

@

This thread has gotten absotlutely pathetic and I am done playing this childish, petty, name calling, finger pointing game. Instead of all of us realtors voicing our opinion and giving our advice to the OP, somehow everyone is just trying to cut each other down. I have nothing to prove and I don't need to justify myself to you. So, I will be the bigger person here and do my best to put an end to it. You can say all you want about me, but the truth is you know nothing about the business I do or the experience I have... so you can sit there behind your computer screen and cut me down so you can feel better about yourself and what you have or haven't done. Good luck to you and your family, I genuinly hope your business is productive and that you and yours live happy and comfortably this year.

Guest Guest
The person is not assuming you are an inexperienced agent. They know this for a fact because they have been in the business for years and never heard of you. Most importantly they know you are an inexperienced agent because you gave such terrible advice. There is a revolving door of agents who think they are going to make money as a realtor. They were never properly trained by the franchise they work for. They don\'t know how to work on their own. They don\'t know a thing about the area and don\'t even know the name of the streets unless it is three blocks from their house.

The independent real estate companies are notorious for this- at least the larger franchises provide training and experienced back up for newer agents. Most smaller independent companies put their new agents on the Condom Program- Use them and throw them away! They will tell you anything to get you to sign up as an agent or list your home with them, but once you get in there they just dont deliver. Whether you are an agent or a seller, use a large company with resources. The smaller companies will not survive the current market, and dont have the TV and web coverage that the larger ones have.

Guest Guest
Kermit, obviously you are stuck there. It shows in your BC mentality.

You obviously didn't read the post you quoted thoroughly. The poster was stating about their view of the city after being gone for 5 years, and returning for a family gathering.

I, like them, left as well. I have also seen the blight that remains.

You on the other hand refuse to open your eyes and face the awful truth of what the area has become.

You are obviously a very scared person that has never faced the reality of the world surrounding you. It shows in your rather childish board name and avatar.

So you choose to lash out at those who make comments based on real life observations of BC. But you choose to bury your head in the sand, see what you only wish to see and hear what you only wish to hear. Its apparent in your other comments on this thread as to what your line of thinking and reasoning is.

All of us that left the area are better for it.

The only retort you people have is to say things like "glad you're gone" and "Don't come back".

Well believe me, we are glad to be gone, and we won't be back.

I think we come here because its like watching a horrific train wreck or car accident. We simply can't wait to see what other poor life choices you people are going to pull off next. And the ridiculous excuses you will make for those choices.

So, we are gone, we won't be back. But we are still watching and commenting. You cannot stop that.

Pull your head out of your butt and pay attention. You may actually learn something from people that left there.

Another loser DELETED.

Won't your neighbors talk to you either?

Find your own local forum, and leave us the hell alone.

Guest Guest
Another loser a$$hole.

Won't your neighbors talk to you either?

Find your own local forum, and leave us the hell alone.

Like I said, typical BC Response.

Can't you do better then that? After all, I used to pay 5k/yr in property taxes to try to educate you.

Obviously it didn't work.

And I have already left you alone. Hell I left all of you. Like I said, I love to watch your little train wreck unfold on a daily basis.

And if this is the great BC mentality, it can only get more interesting to see.

Like I said, typical BC Response.

Can't you do better then that? After all, I used to pay 5k/yr in property taxes to try to educate you.

Obviously it didn't work.

And I have already left you alone. Hell I left all of you. Like I said, I love to watch your little train wreck unfold on a daily basis.

And if this is the great BC mentality, it can only get more interesting to see.

No, you HAVEN'T left us alone, or you wouldn't be spewing your vitriol all over this board.

Guest Guest
No, you HAVEN'T left us alone, or you wouldn't be spewing your vitriol all over this board.

Is that what you call the truth.."vitriol".

Well so be it. You live in an area filled with vitriol.

Keep defending it and keep defending all those poor life choices you've all made.

I'll still be here watching the train wreck unfold.

And quit your boo hooing about people posting here. You just make yourselves look even more inept than usual.

How does it feel knowing that you're going to have to work for 5 months out of the year to meet your tax liability for the privelege of living in the great Empire State? Thats right....5 months of income to pay all those taxes throughout the year.

No wonder you people stay. Your too stupid to see it. Ever wonder why theres no new life up there? Or why companies leave? Or why the poverty rate is over 20%. 20%!!!! Thats absurd for an area that size! Now new water tax hikes!

NYSEG raping you year round!

But hey, I'm just spewing vitriol. You must know the real truth......right?

Is that what you call the truth.."vitriol".

Well so be it. You live in an area filled with vitriol.

Keep defending it and keep defending all those poor life choices you've all made.

I'll still be here watching the train wreck unfold.

And quit your boo hooing about people posting here. You just make yourselves look even more inept than usual.

How does it feel knowing that you're going to have to work for 5 months out of the year to meet your tax liability for the privelege of living in the great Empire State? Thats right....5 months of income to pay all those taxes throughout the year.

No wonder you people stay. Your too stupid to see it. Ever wonder why theres no new life up there? Or why companies leave? Or why the poverty rate is over 20%. 20%!!!! Thats absurd for an area that size! Now new water tax hikes!

NYSEG raping you year round!

But hey, I'm just spewing vitriol. You must know the real truth......right?

"Guest" was right...you are an DELETED.

@

Guest guest
You picked the wrong one to pick a fight with .. I just moved here from the SO CALLED PROMISE land as you see it.

I had a beautiful house, low taxes ....... high paying job (and still do) but schools - lack of services that you all take for granted, street cleaning, garbage cleanup from roads, keeping roads maintained in bad weather, police and fire companies - that actually care and the list can go on and on .. that is not provided in a low tax county in your so called PROMISE LAND ..

I moved to NY and love it here and not complaining about my 2.5 times higher taxes and less house ... My kids are in good schools, I feel safe - not worrying about the next drive by (I LIVED OUT IN THE COUNTY previously) had 2 drive bys and one of the bullets hit my house.. I never felt safe in the so CALLED PROMISE LAND for 9 years I lived there. Some choices we make come about because of career, some are for family .. Im a lucky one.. have a career that let me out of the corporate office to be where I WANT TO BE - BROOME COUNTY NY ..

so back off with your social service comment ... your picking at the wrong person.

@

Good god where did you move from to here that you're satisfied with paying more for the services you get??? I'm guessing by the way you described it you worked for social services in some other area just like this one but more violent and just taxed lower.Please look up the term promised land again and then compare it to here or where you lived in the past.

@

Guest guest
I know alot of people that have moved away only to come back in a fews years because they like it here better. So we don't have a thriving economy right now I'm sure all cities go through it at some point. It's a fact of life. If there is something around here that doesn't make me happy (that I have control of) I just fix it instead of complaining! Life isn't so bad. The way I look at it is if I get up in the morning with my family then it's already a good day! We deal with everything else as it comes!

It seems like people on both sides of this argument are being a little loose with the truth. I've read claims of the taxes being 1/4 of what we pay here in other areas and then I've heard how someone that just came back from NC said the electric rates were higher there. There are problems with some area of every city or state. If you know a lot of people that moved back you're the only one that does because there are more people leaving everyday.

For those that sold their house for 60 or 100 thousand more than they paid just a few years prior,congratulations considering that the average cost of a home here is somewhere between those 2 numbers..As for electric costs we know that it's the highest in the US. Our schools are still rated highly but are slipping in that rating every year and also have close to the highest cost in the US. The taxes are killing this area and NY and school taxes are the worst offender.

I grew up in this area so I've seen all the changes and in the last 20 years I've seen very few good ones. There are very few things left to like about this area except most of us have friends and family here and perhaps good memories of time gone by.We all know that our weather isn't the reason that we like it here and for most of us it was our way of life. Your way of life also means a way to pay for it and that is in short supply here now.

You can see the changes in your own family look at your children that left for college,how many returned that weren't destined for a tax paid job on their return?

Guest Guest
It seems like people on both sides of this argument are being a little loose with the truth. I've read claims of the taxes being 1/4 of what we pay here in other areas and then I've heard how someone that just came back from NC said the electric rates were higher there. There are problems with some area of every city or state. If you know a lot of people that moved back you're the only one that does because there are more people leaving everyday.

For those that sold their house for 60 or 100 thousand more than they paid just a few years prior,congratulations considering that the average cost of a home here is somewhere between those 2 numbers..As for electric costs we know that it's the highest in the US. Our schools are still rated highly but are slipping in that rating every year and also have close to the highest cost in the US. The taxes are killing this area and NY and school taxes are the worst offender.

I grew up in this area so I've seen all the changes and in the last 20 years I've seen very few good ones. There are very few things left to like about this area except most of us have friends and family here and perhaps good memories of time gone by.We all know that our weather isn't the reason that we like it here and for most of us it was our way of life. Your way of life also means a way to pay for it and that is in short supply here now.

You can see the changes in your own family look at your children that left for college,how many returned that weren't destined for a tax paid job on their return?

Unfortunately, friends and family aren't good reasons to stay in this hell hole. If they truly love you and care, they will completely understand the reason for leaving.

Anywhere but NY is a good place to be it seems.

@

Guest Guest
This thread has gotten absotlutely pathetic and I am done playing this childish, petty, name calling, finger pointing game. Instead of all of us realtors voicing our opinion and giving our advice to the OP, somehow everyone is just trying to cut each other down. I have nothing to prove and I don't need to justify myself to you. So, I will be the bigger person here and do my best to put an end to it. You can say all you want about me, but the truth is you know nothing about the business I do or the experience I have... so you can sit there behind your computer screen and cut me down so you can feel better about yourself and what you have or haven't done. Good luck to you and your family, I genuinly hope your business is productive and that you and yours live happy and comfortably this year.

Waaaaaaaahhhhhh!

Archived