Real Estate

Guest getting out of here

Guest getting out of here

I am going to sell my house in JC and moving my family to a warmer climate. We plan on leaving in Jan. 09 since I am graduating from Binghamton University in Dec of 08.

When would be a good time to put it on the market if I plan to get out of here by Jan 09?

Thanks.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Greener Pasture!
I am going to sell my house in JC and moving my family to a warmer climate. We plan on leaving in Jan. 09 since I am graduating from Binghamton University in Dec of 08.

When would be a good time to put it on the market if I plan to get out of here by Jan 09?

Thanks.

Watch out for those Southern Hurricanes & Tornadoes!!

Guest Guest

Better act now. And don't expect too much. Regardless of what every realtor tries to sell you.

The market is dead in BC. Has been for over a decade.

Hope to break even.

Not trying to be a cynic, just being very realistic.

The realtors in BC will tell you anything you want to hear. If their lips are movin' their lyin'.

I got lucky and sold, and managed to make a profit. Getting out of BC is the best thing you could ever do for yourself.

Guest Guest

Well, its either, snow in march and the decreased ability to find a job or southern weather where I might have a chance.

Guest Guest
Better act now. And don't expect too much. Regardless of what every realtor tries to sell you.

Hope to break even.

The realtors in BC will tell you anything you want to hear. If their lips are movin' their lyin'.

I got lucky and sold, and managed to make a profit. Getting out of BC is the best thing you could ever do for yourself.

yeah i was thinking of using mike rizzo, we went through him to buy the house and he was persuasive to sell it to us pretty quick

Hope to break even.

Obviously you have not tried to buy or sell recently (within the last few years). Not sure how it was now, but the market was booming in 2006, 2007. Houses were selling within the first week on the market well above asking price.

Guest Guest

Ooooh good one! Get original for once.

Enjoy more money, more prosperity, more good weather, more real estate apprecation, more jobs, etc...

All the naysayers here will tell you how awful it is to leave there and wish you good riddance. Yet look at every other post on this board about how much they all hate BC.

Join the tens of thousands of us that left and have yourself a Real Life.

The rest are all just jealous that you're leaving and might actually amount to something. That scares the DELETED out of them back there.

Guest Guest
Obviously you have not tried to buy or sell recently (within the last few years). Not sure how it was now, but the market was booming in 2006, 2007. Houses were selling within the first week on the market well above asking price.

Actually I sold mine in 06' Get a clue, you sound like a realtor. Wait a minute! I bet you are one!

Warning everyone, theres a rose colored glasses wearing realtor on the board.

The only houses that sold fast were rental properties. And no one local bought them. Nor did locals move into them.

Haven't you read all the posts about the NYC people moving in?

Nah...you wear rose colored glasses.

Many people like to move in the summer, to have their kids ready to go a new school.

I know when I started to look for a house in Nov several years ago, my Realtor told me houses are often taken off the market, or put on hold for the holiday's, because people don't want to have to deal w/ viewings, etc, at that time.

If you had to sell this Spring or Summer, would you be willing and/or able to, then rent till you left, perhaps putting some stuff in storage?

That's something to mull over.

Ooooh good one! Get original for once.

Enjoy more money, more prosperity, more good weather, more real estate apprecation, more jobs, etc...

All the naysayers here will tell you how awful it is to leave there and wish you good riddance. Yet look at every other post on this board about how much they all hate BC.

Join the tens of thousands of us that left and have yourself a Real Life.

The rest are all just jealous that you're leaving and might actually amount to something. That scares the piss out of them back there.

If you truly had a "Real Life", and are living it up elsewhere, why on earth would you feel the need to post your nastiness on this local forum? <_<

Actually I sold mine in 06' Get a clue, you sound like a realtor. Wait a minute! I bet you are one!

Warning everyone, theres a rose colored glasses wearing realtor on the board.

The only houses that sold fast were rental properties. And no one local bought them. Nor did locals move into them.

Haven't you read all the posts about the NYC people moving in?

Nah...you wear rose colored glasses.

Not a realtor...not even close. I am just someone who bought a house in that time period, and had several houses that I was interested in sell before I could get an offer in. I don't wear rose colored glasses, I just don't see the need to live with a cynical, yet often inaccurate attitude. I choose to be happy in life and view my glass as being half full, not half empty.

Guest Guest
If you truly had a "Real Life", and are living it up elsewhere, why on earth would you feel the need to post your nastiness on this local forum? <_<

Is the truth about your area really that nasty?

Yes I guess it is.

Don't even try to defend BC or NYS for that matter.

The place is a hellhole and you all know it.

Oh and I'm just relaxing in my 300k home that appreciated 50k last year, and has yet to tumble. And I'm enjoying my $1500.00/yr property tax bill. Down $3500.00 from my 100k home in Emptycott that I sold.

I'm also loving the recession proof economy I live in. Do you people even know what an economy is up there? Will my property decrease in value? Only if the economic situation gets really really bad. Your homes don't even appreciate, so you have nothing to talk about. And if mine does, it will be a blip on the radar.

Say what you will about leaving NY. But there are thousands of us out of there that wouldn't ever dream of going back to that place. And the few that do go back, are fools and belong there.

Call me crazy, if you will, but I would rather have snow in March than the "air advisories" we get here in VA from mid June until August. The air in the DC area during that time of year, is not only overly hot and humid, but it's full of carbon monoxide fumes from all the traffic. By August everything outside is dead and brown. People can't go outside for more than 10 minutes without getting sick and God help you if you don't have AC in your car or home. I'll be glad when my job down here is finished. I can tell you, the grass IS NOT greener down here. In fact, during the summer months, it's quite brown.

I could care less that you moved, or why.

I asked why you feel the need to lash out at people on a Broome County forum if you're living such a great life elsewhere.

Don't waste your energy, it isn't worth your time. Let 'em say what they want to, and enjoy their dream. If it is true, then yipee skippy for them, if not, what a sad, sad excuse for a "life".

Don't waste your energy, it isn't worth your time. Let 'em say what they want to, and enjoy their dream. If it is true, then yipee skippy for them, if not, what a sad, sad excuse for a "life".

You're absolutely right, Greta...thanks.

Who wants to waste time on a miserable Troll?

Guest Guest

You are crazy! Binghamton is the third or fourth worst housing markets to all of America. See what CNN published today, about this wonderful place: www.money.cnn.com/pf/features/lists/hpci_data/index.html

The only thing BOOMING are the TAXES here.

You are crazy! Binghamton is the third or fourth worst housing markets to all of America. See what CNN published today, about this wonderful place: www.money.cnn.com/pf/features/lists/hpci_data/index.html

The only thing BOOMING are the TAXES here.

Are you honestly comparing Binghamton's housing markets to larger cities? Of course a home here will not cost the same as one in NYC, nor should it! That link isn't even relevent to how fast homes are selling around here.

Guest Guest
Are you honestly comparing Binghamton's housing markets to larger cities? Of course a home here will not cost the same as one in NYC, nor should it! That link isn't even relevent to how fast homes are selling around here.

CNN compared Binghamton's housing prices to EVERYWHERE in the entire United States (and ironically enough they didn't include NYC). Elmira is actually the worst and we are third or fourth. The comparison used EVERY state in the country using a geographical sample from each.

Guest Guest

Who cares? If they are not appreciating and taxes are rising then its a sure loss! There is nothing in our economic future that is going to change anything soon either.

Guest Guest

I will start off by throwing my white flag up, I am a realtor, but I come in peace!! If you are worried about the house not selling in time... you can put it on the market now with a contingency that will allow a buyer to put an offer on the house and purchase it, but it will not officially close until January. This will also allow for you to have your house on the market for a longer time period, if it doesn't sell you can gradually reduce the price; this way you are not scrambling to sell it in december after a drastic price reduction. Hope I helped! Let me know if you have any other questions!

Guest Guest
I will start off by throwing my white flag up, I am a realtor, but I come in peace!! If you are worried about the house not selling in time... you can put it on the market now with a contingency that will allow a buyer to put an offer on the house and purchase it, but it will not officially close until January. This will also allow for you to have your house on the market for a longer time period, if it doesn't sell you can gradually reduce the price; this way you are not scrambling to sell it in december after a drastic price reduction. Hope I helped! Let me know if you have any other questions!

Why dont you just post your phone number, realtor, since you advertise it everywhere else anyway?

Guest jim n

Thanks.

Now would be good

Guest Guest
Why dont you just post your phone number, realtor, since you advertise it everywhere else anyway?

Ill post my email so I don't get called by disgruntled BVC posters... amanda.swartz@century21.com

Archived