Real Estate

Guest getting out of here

Guest Guest
Wow if this person is 55 like he says he sure acts about 10 years old!!Good riddance to bad rubbish! BC is better off without him :blink::blink:

Will that mean that the water rates will be up 44% instead?

@

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kermit, obviously you are stuck there. It shows in your BC mentality.

You obviously didn't read the post you quoted thoroughly. The poster was stating about their view of the city after being gone for 5 years, and returning for a family gathering.

I, like them, left as well. I have also seen the blight that remains.

You on the other hand refuse to open your eyes and face the awful truth of what the area has become.

You are obviously a very scared person that has never faced the reality of the world surrounding you. It shows in your rather childish board name and avatar.

So you choose to lash out at those who make comments based on real life observations of BC. But you choose to bury your head in the sand, see what you only wish to see and hear what you only wish to hear. Its apparent in your other comments on this thread as to what your line of thinking and reasoning is.

All of us that left the area are better for it.

The only retort you people have is to say things like "glad you're gone" and "Don't come back".

Well believe me, we are glad to be gone, and we won't be back.

I think we come here because its like watching a horrific train wreck or car accident. We simply can't wait to see what other poor life choices you people are going to pull off next. And the ridiculous excuses you will make for those choices.

So, we are gone, we won't be back. But we are still watching and commenting. You cannot stop that.

Pull your head out of your butt and pay attention. You may actually learn something from people that left there.

Sorry, but you've pegged me wrong. See, I am not from Binghamton originally, I moved here within the last 8 years. I left for a while during that time, and returned here. I like the area, I like the proximity to bigger cities, I make a decent living here and the cost of living here is reasonable. I have not lashed out at anyone, but I stand by the position that if you leave here and your new location is so much better, then you should have better things to do with your time than slam an area you no longer live in.

I know alot of people that have moved away only to come back in a fews years because they like it here better. So we don't have a thriving economy right now I'm sure all cities go through it at some point. It's a fact of life. If there is something around here that doesn't make me happy (that I have control of) I just fix it instead of complaining! Life isn't so bad. The way I look at it is if I get up in the morning with my family then it's already a good day! We deal with everything else as it comes!

Every :rolleyes::rolleyes: day above ground is a good day........

Leaving is the best thing you ever did, yet you still post on our local board. As I've said to those in previous posts, if your new location is so great, why are you posting on a Broom County message board??? Either you didn't really leave, or you new place isn't that great.

@

They are trying to convince themselves that where they are now is better then here. I believe it's called a delusional geographical cure.....

@

Guest guest
Sorry, but you've pegged me wrong. See, I am not from Binghamton originally, I moved here within the last 8 years. I left for a while during that time, and returned here. I like the area, I like the proximity to bigger cities, I make a decent living here and the cost of living here is reasonable. I have not lashed out at anyone, but I stand by the position that if you leave here and your new location is so much better, then you should have better things to do with your time than slam an area you no longer live in.

Your probably right,after you've made your choice to leave an area there isn't any real reason to trash it after you've left. Still I think we all should find out the reasons why so many people are leaving. Even someone that seems as satisfied with the area as you are must want to know. Even the press and the people in charge now are admitting that the population loss is responsible for our taxes going up. That's most taxes like water,road etc. School taxes should of been going down for the last 20 years as we've had a steady population loss all those years minus a few. Of course with every double digit increase in tax and the various new fees that are charged a few more think that the cost of living here isn't reasonable. I started thinking about it as my tax bills passed my mortgage payment 2 years ago.

@

Kermit, obviously you are stuck there. It shows in your BC mentality.

You obviously didn't read the post you quoted thoroughly. The poster was stating about their view of the city after being gone for 5 years, and returning for a family gathering.

I, like them, left as well. I have also seen the blight that remains.

You on the other hand refuse to open your eyes and face the awful truth of what the area has become.

You are obviously a very scared person that has never faced the reality of the world surrounding you. It shows in your rather childish board name and avatar.

So you choose to lash out at those who make comments based on real life observations of BC. But you choose to bury your head in the sand, see what you only wish to see and hear what you only wish to hear. Its apparent in your other comments on this thread as to what your line of thinking and reasoning is.

All of us that left the area are better for it.

The only retort you people have is to say things like "glad you're gone" and "Don't come back".

Well believe me, we are glad to be gone, and we won't be back.

I think we come here because its like watching a horrific train wreck or car accident. We simply can't wait to see what other poor life choices you people are going to pull off next. And the ridiculous excuses you will make for those choices.

So, we are gone, we won't be back. But we are still watching and commenting. You cannot stop that.

Pull your head out of your butt and pay attention. You may actually learn something from people that left there.

/quote]

Ya know.. that's one of the best posts I've ever read on the BC voice..you hit it right on the head.

I've lived here all my life and my wife and I are really thinking of selling the house and getting the hell outta here before it's too late.

This area has become a total train wreck .. all are friends have moved in the last 15 years and tell us the same thing...what the hell are still doing living in that cesspool of an area...well with the kids gone now...good question...what's stopping us..we gotta go.

@

Guest Guest

I've just finished skimming this thread and notice something I'd like to point out. Clearly there are points on both sides of the aisle, but what's stiking me is how invested you posters are in your opinions. I can and do defend this area. I live here, and work here. It has a ton of problems! They seem overwhelming right now. But I also have a long term perspective and realize that time and circumstances have a way of changing everything. People come and go just like any other community. Some people can't leave and wish they could. Other people are saving up money to retire here.

So answer me this. Why are some people so anxious to point out how bad it is? And the rest of you so defensive about their posts? Isn't there more to "home" than your taxes and your water bill? What do you gain by continuously posting negatively about Bingo? Does it make you feel better? I don't need to defend the area. I have in some other posts, but then kept asking myself why? It doesn't make me feel any better to "fight back." So I'm done. But if you don't answer my question in this thread, answer for yourself. Why are you doing it?

@

Guest Guest
I've just finished skimming this thread and notice something I'd like to point out. Clearly there are points on both sides of the aisle, but what's stiking me is how invested you posters are in your opinions. I can and do defend this area. I live here, and work here. It has a ton of problems! They seem overwhelming right now. But I also have a long term perspective and realize that time and circumstances have a way of changing everything. People come and go just like any other community. Some people can't leave and wish they could. Other people are saving up money to retire here.

So answer me this. Why are some people so anxious to point out how bad it is? And the rest of you so defensive about their posts? Isn't there more to "home" than your taxes and your water bill? What do you gain by continuously posting negatively about Bingo? Does it make you feel better? I don't need to defend the area. I have in some other posts, but then kept asking myself why? It doesn't make me feel any better to "fight back." So I'm done. But if you don't answer my question in this thread, answer for yourself. Why are you doing it?

@

When your home life consists of watching your taxes skyrocket, as well as your utilities, its hard to turn those thoughts off.

Especially when ones income does not rise proportinately with these massive increases.

So the answer for many is , no there isn't much more to home then having these nagging thoughts. And its damn frustrating to deal with all of it sometimes.

Guest Guest
Some or most of us who have moved away have found greener pastures, warmer weather, strong economies, and yes, after living in BC for over 50 years, the best thing I ever did was to move away from what I can now honestly say was a st hole........after being gone for almost 5 years from the "Greater Binghamton" area I had to return last August for a family gathering..........It was truly amazing to see how much the city had been rundown, truly sad ! You can trash us "deserters" all that you want, but the fact remains, most of us like to check on our "hometown" via BC VOICE............. If you are all still happy with the things the way they are, so be it............and for you who are considering leaving, it will probably be the best thing you ever do........Good Luck! I'm sure we'll be taking our Sunday walk on the beach this weekend........have fun by the fireplace, trying to stay warm.

wow this poster is trying really, really hard to convince us there is some valid reason for a "happy happy person living in lala land" to monitor a local city posting site. How fynny. This is the second or third post from the same person - he/she is really trying hard!

PS I love sitting by the fireplace, what's wrong with that? Sounds like the poster is grabbing any straw he/she can think of. amazing.

@

Guest guest
wow this poster is trying really, really hard to convince us there is some valid reason for a "happy happy person living in lala land" to monitor a local city posting site. How fynny. This is the second or third post from the same person - he/she is really trying hard!

PS I love sitting by the fireplace, what's wrong with that? Sounds like the poster is grabbing any straw he/she can think of. amazing.

@

Hopefully a person that put in 50 years here can retire where they want,although that isn't always the case. I had hoped to be able to keep my home here for the summer months and have a place down south for the winter myself,but with the cost of owning a home here now that is going to be impossible. It not the actually cost of having a home here it's the cost of owning one.Maybe if I held off doing it until I was 65 and my school tax was lowered I could ,but as I said, the cost of taxes and energy make it impossible right now. Maybe that is what is putting him in such a foul mood? Maybe he too wished to keep the old homestead for the summer and he too found it impossible because of the same reasons?

Guest Guest
Is that what you call the truth.."vitriol".

Well so be it. You live in an area filled with vitriol.

Keep defending it and keep defending all those poor life choices you've all made.

I'll still be here watching the train wreck unfold.

And quit your boo hooing about people posting here. You just make yourselves look even more inept than usual.

How does it feel knowing that you're going to have to work for 5 months out of the year to meet your tax liability for the privelege of living in the great Empire State? Thats right....5 months of income to pay all those taxes throughout the year.

No wonder you people stay. Your too stupid to see it. Ever wonder why theres no new life up there? Or why companies leave? Or why the poverty rate is over 20%. 20%!!!! Thats absurd for an area that size! Now new water tax hikes!

NYSEG raping you year round!

But hey, I'm just spewing vitriol. You must know the real truth......right?

Why does it bother you so much that some people like living in Broome County? It's very strange how you continuously come to this board. Makes me wonder what's wrong with your current living circumstance. Haven't made any friends there yet? Not safe enough for you to go outside? Haven't found a job yet? What's up with that?

@

Archived