Dream Job

Guest daydreamin'

Guest BC Voice of Reason
If money was no object ? Well you gotta have money to live on but if I had enough and did not have to work to pay such high taxes, then I guess I would like to be..................

Just Happy and Content. Maybe have a Camper and Travel the entire USA. there's only 2 states I never been in for longer then it took to drive thru to get where I was going, and would very much like to go to them and spend at the very least, 2 days like all the rest, just so I could say I've been to every State. Iowa and Maine.

Parts of Maine are definitely worth the trip, especially the coast. The Maine border is only about 7 hours away. Very doable for even a four day weekend.

Guest country girl

Animal rescue. I would also like to do something with children and elderly people. I feel so sorry for elderly people that either have no family or they just dont go to visit.

Operate a community center for school age kids for free so they would have a place to go after school and other times when their parents have to work and need some supervision for them. I would make it seem like home for them. My other dream job is running a coffee shop/cyber cafe. It would be like "Crimson Lights" on Young and Restless. Would also like to run a little old fashioned Mom & Pop type grocery store and maybe have a little bakery and deli in it also with a couple of tables.

Guest likeoread
Book reviewer.

I would like that too. i like to read, and have read some of the classics. Not many but here and there. I generally puruse the store and look til I find something that looks interesting. i don't really have a preferred genre but I do like crime. Any recommendations? i am always up for a new author or new read. I just read water for elephants.

Guest funny

Isn't it funny how you never really stop to think about this anymore. What your dreams were and what you would be when you grow up. I had a great job. I was probably 22 or 23 years old. I worked with kids that had either been in trouble or were "throw away" kids. The place I worked was all inclusive, the kids lived and attended school there. They were mostly inner city Philly kids. My dorm had boys that ranged from 15 to 17 years old. The money was horrendous, barely able to scrap by. I LOVED that job. It was hands down the most rewarding occupation I ever had. I could regale you with stories of such horror these kids lived through. People had given up on them, being young and fresh to the job, I didn't. I taught a 17 year old to read. I helped a few get off the streets and get jobs upon release. I used to get letters from 2 every now and then letting me know they had "made" it. IT's been awhile but i have faith that they are still doing all right. I miss that job and think about "my kids" all the time. I had to leave the job because I could never have lived on the income and there was little room for movement within the system there. I did it for as long as I could, and now that I make more money I donate as often as I can. If money were no object I would do that again. Some kids were hopeless, but others made you see what people can do given a little help and some encouragement. It was inspiring

Guest Guest
I would gladly take care of children whose parents neglect them in any way. I feel bad for kids that are not shown any love or attention by their parents.

Then you'd be called NYS DSS.

@

this will sound corny but i always missed being a farm hand. i did it when i was younger and it was simple hard, honest work. you're almost always outside, the sights, sounds and smells of the farm stay with you (no pun intended!). throughout the course of the seasons you literally can see the fruits of your labor. ah well if that doesn't work out there's always that sports ill. body painting gig. i'm great with those little brushes.

Guest Guest

I would love to be a newseditor for a local tv company and get back at all the kids that picked on the way Iaughed in high shool. That would be cool!

Archived