AAU Basketball

BaldEagle

Guest Big Dog

So what? Rage 15U beat the second place team in the rockets division in the cortland tournament by 35. They didn't have a strong division, almost never do because of the smaller tournaments they play in. On the other hand Rage lost in the championship by 2 in new jersey, a much better accomplishment. Knowing the gallaghers they'll probably play with the flyers team this weekend cause that's just how they are, bums who think they own

everything. Nice people just clueless when it comes to basketball. It would suck to be those other boys that have put hard work in these past weeks just to know the g-show was coming to take their playing time.

Think how stupid you sound. "They didn't have a strong division, almost never do because of the smaller tournaments they play in." Let's see, smaller tournaments, you mean like the cortland tourney that TL plays in, you mean like the Run N Gun that TL plays in and runs, that Rockets used to always play in. You mean like the King of Prussia tourney down in Philly with teams from all over incl Philly. Take nothing from TL teams but they play in the same type of tourneys except for maybe one. It appears they still haven't won a tourney either. By the way, the team that TL beat by 35, so did the Rockets. Rumor had it that TL requested a change since originally TL and Rockets were in the same division in Cortland.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think how stupid you sound. "They didn't have a strong division, almost never do because of the smaller tournaments they play in." Let's see, smaller tournaments, you mean like the cortland tourney that TL plays in, you mean like the Run N Gun that TL plays in and runs, that Rockets used to always play in. You mean like the King of Prussia tourney down in Philly with teams from all over incl Philly. Take nothing from TL teams but they play in the same type of tourneys except for maybe one. It appears they still haven't won a tourney either. By the way, the team that TL beat by 35, so did the Rockets. Rumor had it that TL requested a change since originally TL and Rockets were in the same division in Cortland.

Well rumor has coach Krowiak that you were scheduled for this run n' gun tournament but didn't want to play TL. Personally I don't believe it, but i might now anyways because now the gallaghers are playing in it so clearly baseball isn't a factor.... TL's team will play in new jersey TWICE, West Virginia, and Vermont. More than one tournament wouldn't you say? And my last point is that Rage came in second place in their pool at the cortland shootout. They then beat the second place team in The Red Rockets pool by 35.( the other two pool were just terrible, mostly b teams and school teams). So I'm saying that the rockets had a very easy trip to the championship. Ahh the sweet scent of proving some moron wrong.

Guest Big Dog

Well rumor has coach Krowiak that you were scheduled for this run n' gun tournament but didn't want to play TL. Personally I don't believe it, but i might now anyways because now the gallaghers are playing in it so clearly baseball isn't a factor.... TL's team will play in new jersey TWICE, West Virginia, and Vermont. More than one tournament wouldn't you say? And my last point is that Rage came in second place in their pool at the cortland shootout. They then beat the second place team in The Red Rockets pool by 35.( the other two pool were just terrible, mostly b teams and school teams). So I'm saying that the rockets had a very easy trip to the championship. Ahh the sweet scent of proving some moron wrong.

Nice try second string jealous parent, but I am not talking about all the other tourneys TL plays in, just during the time TL and Rockets (month of March)play at the same time. Baseball is the main factor. In Vestal and UE, their coaches do not want their players playing during the regular season. What is the big deal that the Gallaghers were asked to play on the ME AAU team if that were the case? They are the best ME players in their grades. Should they have said "No" when asked? Let me see, In Cortland, the only common tourney they were in, Rockets won their division and made it to the finals. TL didn't win their division to advance. Of course, Rockets were in the weakest division. Every tourney, they are in the weakest division, right??? End it. TL has a very good team and so did the Rockets, let it rest.

Guest Guest

Nice try second string jealous parent, but I am not talking about all the other tourneys TL plays in, just during the time TL and Rockets (month of March)play at the same time. Baseball is the main factor. In Vestal and UE, their coaches do not want their players playing during the regular season. What is the big deal that the Gallaghers were asked to play on the ME AAU team if that were the case? They are the best ME players in their grades. Should they have said "No" when asked? Let me see, In Cortland, the only common tourney they were in, Rockets won their division and made it to the finals. TL didn't win their division to advance. Of course, Rockets were in the weakest division. Every tourney, they are in the weakest division, right??? End it. TL has a very good team and so did the Rockets, let it rest.

I won't let it rest.. First of all if you read my earlier post you would know that I never said they were in the weakest pool, as a matter of fact they were in the second strongest, which isn't saying much because Rage beat the second place team by 35 (which Rockets also did). All I'm saying is that Rage had a much harder time In attempting to get to the finals because they had to play the tournament champions in the pool play. Don't ignore the facts.

Guest Guest

The Rockets beat that same team by 20pts or more also when it counted. The Cortland tournament was set up perfectly for Rage and the Rockets to meet in the finals. Rage just didn't make it out of their pool. The team that beat them both was the runner-up last year to the Rockets. If that team had been in the Rockets pool maybe it would have been the opposite result. The Rockets lost in the final due to 3 pt shooting I felt. The Rockets had superior play but the other team could make a 3 to negate it and the Rockets were missing their 3's. A close game and everybody on the Rockets wanted Rage in the finals with them. It is more fun to play against friends. Also the tournaments the Rockets were entered in was determined way before they played any. Tony's tournament was never on the list. Baseball was the deciding factor in the schedule.

Guest Guest

The Rockets beat that same team by 20pts or more also when it counted. The Cortland tournament was set up perfectly for Rage and the Rockets to meet in the finals. Rage just didn't make it out of their pool. The team that beat them both was the runner-up last year to the Rockets. If that team had been in the Rockets pool maybe it would have been the opposite result. The Rockets lost in the final due to 3 pt shooting I felt. The Rockets had superior play but the other team could make a 3 to negate it and the Rockets were missing their 3's. A close game and everybody on the Rockets wanted Rage in the finals with them. It is more fun to play against friends. Also the tournaments the Rockets were entered in was determined way before they played any. Tony's tournament was never on the list. Baseball was the deciding factor in the schedule.

Actually, I believe that CJ shot them out of that game.. And baseball clearly wasn't a deciding factor if the gallaghers are playing on a flyers team this weekend.

Guest Guest

Oh please.. Two of your best M-E players play for TL( Siniki and Wisnewski) I guess it only matters if you're a player and you get screwed for playing time though....

You are talking about two kids that wont even be on the varsity team next year?

Guest Guest

I see your point and I think it's and excellent one. The four players that don't play flyers from

M-E are arguably the best 9th and 8th graders( two gallaghers and siniki and wisnewski) around except for Krowiak, and I'm probably missing one or two other players.. However i can see how parents would be aggravated about the gallagher boys playing with the Flyers. If they want to play another tournament they should've played on a team originally scheduled to play more, I just don't think it's right to hop from one team to another and hog playing time cause we all know Ocker doesn't have the balls to say no...( remind you of connollys maybe? Just maybe?)... But on the other hand the Gallagher boys are both great, nice kids and like siniki and wisnewski they put in lots of effort at least in season. I believe Siniki and wisnewski both play and go to a lot more off season camps than the gallaghers.. Just what I've heard..

Why would Ocker say no? I guarantee you that he asked those kids to play if they were done with who they were playing for. Ocker does not care about sniveling parents or kids. He is going to do what needs to be done to get his team ready for next season. Whether your name is gallagher/connolly/stocks/sinicki----doesnt matter. What other coach is out coaching his team at this point of the year? I saw last years team play basically march-july. Together as a team. Think it is a coincedence that they won Section 4 against JC. The team that no other local school could beat at the end of the year.

Guest fact checker

I see your point and I think it's and excellent one. The four players that don't play flyers from

M-E are arguably the best 9th and 8th graders( two gallaghers and siniki and wisnewski) around except for Krowiak, and I'm probably missing one or two other players.. However i can see how parents would be aggravated about the gallagher boys playing with the Flyers. If they want to play another tournament they should've played on a team originally scheduled to play more, I just don't think it's right to hop from one team to another and hog playing time cause we all know Ocker doesn't have the balls to say no...( remind you of connollys maybe? Just maybe?)... But on the other hand the Gallagher boys are both great, nice kids and like siniki and wisnewski they put in lots of effort at least in season. I believe Siniki and wisnewski both play and go to a lot more off season camps than the gallaghers.. Just what I've heard..

the maine endwell varsity coach runs his aau program for maine endwell players... some of these kids play other sports.. they are and have been allowed to participate with the aau program around these other activities.. i believe the coaches desires are to build a strong and continuously successful program.. by the results the spartans have achieved over ockers four years , he is on track...you play if you are better than the next guy, names, grades and parental lineage do not mean anything... the teams practice twice a week..utilizing spartan plays etc etc. the coaches give up a lot of their time to help make maine endwell youngsters better players, and hopefully contribute to future successes...

Guest Guest

Actually, I believe that CJ shot them out of that game.. And baseball clearly wasn't a deciding factor if the gallaghers are playing on a flyers team this weekend.

The Gallaghers are only 2 players did you ever think that baseball may have affected the other kids on the Rocket team? You need a whole team not just 2. Yes the Rockets were missing their 3's and CJ is one of the Rockets that was missing.

Guest Guest

The Gallagher boys play down. They are a grade behind. They have Spring birthdays and are a year older than most boys on their teams (baseball and basketball). They may seem bigger and stronger, however they should be in a grade higher than they are in. Nice boys, yes. In NY state, it is common for Fall birthday children to be "held". On the other hand, it is unusual for Spring birthday children to be "held".

Guest Guest

I could make an argument for that as a matter of fact moron. Those two and the gallghers(obviously) have a great chance of playing up. The M-E team should be very very weak next year.

Sinicki didnt even play JV last year- Why would he be on the Varsity? Get a clue

Guest Guest

Sinicki didnt even play JV last year- Why would he be on the Varsity? Get a clue

He averaged like 17 ppg in freshman, made jv but decided to play down because of getting screwed over in summer league I heard. Also he heard he dominated the epiphany tournament, and should've gotten all tournament instead of the Gallagher. M-E's varsity team will be extremely weak and with no freshman team next year it wouldn't suprise me if ocker had him up. Probably doesn't deserve playing time as a sophomore, but probably deserves being on the

roster at least because of the effort he puts in. Same with the Wisnewski kid. That young man hustles his brains out on the court. Did good this year on JV, even with those ball hogs that team had. And we all know both Gallaghers will be on Varaity basketball and football next year.

Guest Big Dog

I won't let it rest.. First of all if you read my earlier post you would know that I never said they were in the weakest pool, as a matter of fact they were in the second strongest, which isn't saying much because Rage beat the second place team by 35 (which Rockets also did). All I'm saying is that Rage had a much harder time In attempting to get to the finals because they had to play the tournament champions in the pool play. Don't ignore the facts.

I stand corrected. The division that TL had a better pool play division.

Guest Guest

He averaged like 17 ppg in freshman, made jv but decided to play down because of getting screwed over in summer league I heard. Also he heard he dominated the epiphany tournament, and should've gotten all tournament instead of the Gallagher. M-E's varsity team will be extremely weak and with no freshman team next year it wouldn't suprise me if ocker had him up. Probably doesn't deserve playing time as a sophomore, but probably deserves being on the

roster at least because of the effort he puts in. Same with the Wisnewski kid. That young man hustles his brains out on the court. Did good this year on JV, even with those ball hogs that team had. And we all know both Gallaghers will be on Varaity basketball and football next year.

So you are telling me that a kid who made the JV team but decided he didnt want to play because he didnt like how much playing time he got in summer league????? And you think he is going to be on the varsity??????? I agree the wisniewski kid hustles his brains out.

Guest Guest

So you are telling me that a kid who made the JV team but decided he didnt want to play because he didnt like how much playing time he got in summer league????? And you think he is going to be on the varsity??????? I agree the wisniewski kid hustles his brains out.

Yes I am saying that. He's also had a much better AAU season than wisnewski. Not too long before everyone else catches up to him because he's not very tall, just relies on pure athleticism.

Guest guest

Why would Ocker say no? I guarantee you that he asked those kids to play if they were done with who they were playing for. Ocker does not care about sniveling parents or kids. He is going to do what needs to be done to get his team ready for next season. Whether your name is gallagher/connolly/stocks/sinicki----doesnt matter. What other coach is out coaching his team at this point of the year? I saw last years team play basically march-july. Together as a team. Think it is a coincedence that they won Section 4 against JC. The team that no other local school could beat at the end of the year.

Nice to read a post with more fact than fiction, more fact than frivolity,more fact than s..t flinging.. Two years ago nate burgo did not start for the maine endwell jvs..this year he was a all star..thinking about playing again next year..HOW? nate participated in all things spartan basketball for two years..worked and got better..earth shattering?.. who was there with him every bounce of the way??..his varsity basketball coach..coach ocker runs his program for one reason..to improve his players chances of improving themselves...he is impervious to all nonsense of the types that pervade in this forum...

Guest Guest

I stand corrected. The division that TL had a better pool play division.

Let's get one thing straight about the Cortland tournament. The Rockets were defending champions and this year's winner was the runner-up last year. They automatically were the 1 and 2 seeds for this year so of course they would be put in different pools. Rage should have asked to be in the Rocket's pool if they wanted to play them so bad. As it was if Rage had won their pool they would have played the Rockets in the Championship. The team that they both beat by 30 means less for the Rage team. Rage and the other team were already out and the game was just to satisfy the the 3 game guarantee. When the Rockets played that team they had to win to advance and the other team was still in it. Big difference.

Guest Guest

Nice to read a post with more fact than fiction, more fact than frivolity,more fact than s..t flinging.. Two years ago nate burgo did not start for the maine endwell jvs..this year he was a all star..thinking about playing again next year..HOW? nate participated in all things spartan basketball for two years..worked and got better..earth shattering?.. who was there with him every bounce of the way??..his varsity basketball coach..coach ocker runs his program for one reason..to improve his players chances of improving themselves...he is impervious to all nonsense of the types that pervade in this forum...

Nobody works harder in the off season to improve his players than the Vestal Varsity coach.

Let's get one thing straight about the Cortland tournament. The Rockets were defending champions and this year's winner was the runner-up last year. They automatically were the 1 and 2 seeds for this year so of course they would be put in different pools. Rage should have asked to be in the Rocket's pool if they wanted to play them so bad. As it was if Rage had won their pool they would have played the Rockets in the Championship. The team that they both beat by 30 means less for the Rage team. Rage and the other team were already out and the game was just to satisfy the the 3 game guarantee. When the Rockets played that team they had to win to advance and the other team was still in it. Big difference.

Just get over it. Rage had a better bracket. It just goes to show how the rockets haven't gotten any better since winning it last year. They lost to the same team this year. TL's rage team that got beat by 30 by RAP Elite last year only lost by five... And were up at half by ten. Not to mention it was their first game of the season.

Guest Guest

Just get over it. Rage had a better bracket. It just goes to show how the rockets haven't gotten any better since winning it last year. They lost to the same team this year. TL's rage team that got beat by 30 by RAP Elite last year only lost by five... And were up at half by ten. Not to mention it was their first game of the season.

Rage had the number 2 seed in their pool and could not get by them. The Rockets were the number 1 seed so obviously the Rage were in the weaker pool. If they had been put in the Rockets pool they would have been in the stronger pool by the seeding and would have had to beat the #1 seed to advance. They took the easier route and failed. RAP Elite parents told me they did not consider Rage a challenge and that was the reason they were down at the half. They said they put a little pressure defense on Rage in the second half and it just got easier. Also said they enjoyed watching the Rage coach yell louder and louder as they took his team apart. Felt they were 20 points better than Rage. They said Rage had size but the Rockets had skill and had recruited a couple shooters this year just to beat the Rockets and it paid off because their 3's did win it. Rockets also had 1 more game than Elite that Sunday because there was 4 teams in their pool versus only 3 in Tony's pool. Rockets had to win 3 games to advance versus only 2 games for Tony's pool. Rage tried to take the easier route no doubt. If the Rockets only had 1 game Sunday before the finals like Elite they win by 10. Fatigue did play a factor.

Guest Guest

What team is he coaching now? None. Prutisto coaches one rage team with the majority of vestal players that aren't very good while TL coaches kerns newons and liss. I hope you're joking.

I was hoping someone could tell me what the Vestal coach does do in the off season. He is like the rest of the lazy ass vartsity coaches in Vestal does as little as possible and then blames the kids when he loses. I hear he is good at chasing skirts though and young ones at that. just a rumor I heard from some students that I hope for the District's sake is not true.

Guest Guest

I was hoping someone could tell me what the Vestal coach does do in the off season. He is like the rest of the lazy ass vartsity coaches in Vestal does as little as possible and then blames the kids when he loses. I hear he is good at chasing skirts though and young ones at that. just a rumor I heard from some students that I hope for the District's sake is not true.

How many STAC titles has ME won the past decade? The past 5 years? Since Ocker has been coaching? None, right?

How many STAC playoff games has ME played the past decade? The past 5 years? Since Ocker has been coaching? None, right?

How many Division titles has ME won the past decade? The past 5 years? Since Ocker has been coaching? None, right?

How many Section 4 titles has ME won the past decade? The past 5 years? Since Ocker has been coaching? One, right?

The ME JV teams always seem to be in playoff games and win their divisions. So what happens when they get to varsity? Why don't they win anything , other than one Section 4 title game? Seems odd to me. There seems to be a disconnect somewhere. I would also guess that over the past 3-4 years the ME varsity boys team has had more players quit mid-season(or get arrested) than all other STAC teams in the area. Why is that?

Archived