AAU Basketball

BaldEagle

Guest Guest

Yeah, we have a winner...Yes, Tony is entitled to take money for his time cause its a JOB...my issue is you act like he is Mother Theresa or something doing good across NYS.

There are folks out there that run teams and programs without getting paid and bragging how much they do. I'm more impressed with their involvement than some guy who had to create his own income stream off the backs of delusional parents and kids.

And who are these folks?

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest

Nephew on the team.

Hopefully they can repeat as champions in the Cortland tournament this weekend. If they met Rage in the finals, it would make a strong statement about basketball in our area.

Guest Guest

Hopefully they can repeat as champions in the Cortland tournament this weekend. If they met Rage in the finals, it would make a strong statement about basketball in our area.

Agreed, TC Rockets only have to go through Buffalo storm, while Rage has to play D-Squad and RAP Elite. Hopefully they'll win those games and a cross-over...love to see both teams play each-other. I think I'm going to go with Rage for the win. They have a starting 6'6 6'5 6'2 6'1 6'0...should be an excellent game..

Guest gUEST

Agreed, TC Rockets only have to go through Buffalo storm, while Rage has to play D-Squad and RAP Elite. Hopefully they'll win those games and a cross-over...love to see both teams play each-other. I think I'm going to go with Rage for the win. They have a starting 6'6 6'5 6'2 6'1 6'0...should be an excellent game..

and a coach who is 4'9".

Guest Guest

Good thing coaches don't play then huh jack-ass. He'll out-coach Krowiak anyday.

napolean, i mean tony, is one of the greatest coaches this area has ever seen. just ask him.

Guest velap

Ask me. He has put in more effort to this areas basketball than anyone else in the past 7 years. Helped my son get into D2 ball. Once again, I apologize your son got cut from then Rage C-team.

[/quote

Name the college please ?? Tony is the biggest jerk in the area, has burned many people.

Ask me. He has put in more effort to this areas basketball than anyone else in the past 7 years. Helped my son get into D2 ball. Once again, I apologize your son got cut from then Rage C-team.

[/quote

Name the college please ?? Tony is the biggest jerk in the area, has burned many people.

Lindsey treats people the way they treat him. Simple as that. And St. Rose. Never said he's from Broome County...

Guest guest

Lindsey treats people the way they treat him. Simple as that. And St. Rose. Never said he's from Broome County...

OK what county then. Most players from CSR are from the Albany area, with a few from NYC. Lindsey knows nothing........ A real JERK!!!!!

Guest Guest

OK what county then. Most players from CSR are from the Albany area, with a few from NYC. Lindsey knows nothing........ A real JERK!!!!!

I wouldn't say the county..then not only would you know who he is but that's creepy. And I have lots of respect for TL...just because your kid didn't make the C-team doesn't mean it's TL's fault.

I wouldn't say the county..then not only would you know who he is but that's creepy. And I have lots of respect for TL...just because your kid didn't make the C-team doesn't mean it's TL's fault.

This is Tony Lindsey isn't it...... Come on give it up Tony. You have never helped anyone besides yourself...

Guest Guest

Tony, yes you are a jerk and a short little fellow....

Well for your information jack-ass, at the time you are talking about when "Tony" posted, he was in fact coaching his 15U team to a 38 point difference in a win against Buffalo Storm.

Guest Big Dog

Good thing coaches don't play then huh jack-ass. He'll out-coach Krowiak anyday.

First and foremost, he will never outcoach Krowiak. However, TL does a great job every year of teaching basketball fundamentals and have developed the best travel and boys's AAU program in the area. There are better AAU teams but not a better AAU program. Stop bashing TL.

Guest Guest

Did they play each other in cortland?

No they did not meet. Tony's team was knocked out the 1st day. The Rockets made it to the finals and lost by a few to the team they defeated last year in the finals. Younger Rocket team made it to the finals too and lost what was a close game throughout. A great showing by the Rockets.

Guest guest

Stop the bashing of Tony. He has done a great job teaching basketball here. One of the most refreshing things about having TL as a coach is that he does not have a son on the team. Let's leave it at that. The boys practice and play hard to earn playing time. All the boys start out as a team. Sometimes when a father is a coach, the father screams at the other players to give the ball only to his boy so he could shoot. At the expense of having a true "A" team, we have to accomodate fathers who only want their sons to have themselves as their child's coach. We should be thankful that TL is a coach and treats the boys as a team.

Guest Guest

No they did not meet. Tony's team was knocked out the 1st day. The Rockets made it to the finals and lost by a few to the team they defeated last year in the finals. Younger Rocket team made it to the finals too and lost what was a close game throughout. A great showing by the Rockets.

You may be right about them not playing, but nobody "was knocked out the 1st day". It was pool play, if you didn't win your pool you didn't get the chance to cross over and play anyone from another pool.

If you're a parent of a kid on the Rockets that's great, cheer for your kid. Maybe you're just a 14-15 kid on the team, it's tough to tell which you are. I don't understand why people can't just support their own kid's team without feeling they have to trash someone else. The Rage program provides opportunities to a lot of kids who wouldn't have anywhere else to play. As far as I'm concerned, that's a great thing.

Guest Guest

You may be right about them not playing, but nobody "was knocked out the 1st day". It was pool play, if you didn't win your pool you didn't get the chance to cross over and play anyone from another pool.

If you're a parent of a kid on the Rockets that's great, cheer for your kid. Maybe you're just a 14-15 kid on the team, it's tough to tell which you are. I don't understand why people can't just support their own kid's team without feeling they have to trash someone else. The Rage program provides opportunities to a lot of kids who wouldn't have anywhere else to play. As far as I'm concerned, that's a great thing.

Any team that did not win both their games on Saturday were finished as far as getting to the semi's and finals and that is the truth not trash talk.

Guest Parent

Stop the bashing of Tony. He has done a great job teaching basketball here. One of the most refreshing things about having TL as a coach is that he does not have a son on the team. Let's leave it at that. The boys practice and play hard to earn playing time. All the boys start out as a team. Sometimes when a father is a coach, the father screams at the other players to give the ball only to his boy so he could shoot. At the expense of having a true "A" team, we have to accomodate fathers who only want their sons to have themselves as their child's coach. We should be thankful that TL is a coach and treats the boys as a team.

So what you are really saying is.... if Tony had kids he would screem and yell for them to get the ball to his kid. But there might be another problem Tony's kids would be way to short to play basketball!!!

Archived