AAU Basketball

BaldEagle

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest

Two 7th grade Rage teams and a 5th-grade Rage team combined to go 8-3 at the Wilkes Barre tournament this weekend.

Heard the two Rocket teams lost bigtime in Philly.

Guest Guest

Heard the two Rocket teams lost bigtime in Philly.

That's true.. Older kids lost by twenty first game to a Scranton team and then by a couple I believe to the same team again. Lindseys 15U team did very well in

New Jersey, lost by two in the championship, probably should've won, heard it was some ugly ball.

Guest Guest

Thanks Tony, You're still a jerk.

Who's cares if it's TL anyways, which it is 99.9% most likely isn't, he's proven you morons wrong several times. And his

team didn't even play in Sidney, idiot. They played

In New Jersey.

Guest Big Dog

That's true.. Older kids lost by twenty first game to a Scranton team and then by a couple I believe to the same team again. Lindseys 15U team did very well in

New Jersey, lost by two in the championship, probably should've won, heard it was some ugly ball.

Wow, how does bad news travel so fast and so wrong. Rockets 15U did not lose to any team by 20. Won in the semis over an undefeated Philly team that beat everyone in their division by 15. Lost in the championship game by 1 to a very good team that plays AAU basketball through July and has crushed TL team many times in the past and has won TL's tourney the past 2 years. Not bad for a Rocket's team that is playing one month of basketball for fun to get their baseball season.

Rockets 13U was in the championship as well in the Philly tourney, do not know how they fared.

Guest Guest

Wow, how does bad news travel so fast and so wrong. Rockets 15U did not lose to any team by 20. Won in the semis over an undefeated Philly team that beat everyone in their division by 15. Lost in the championship game by 1 to a very good team that plays AAU basketball through July and has crushed TL team many times in the past and has won TL's tourney the past 2 years. Not bad for a Rocket's team that is playing one month of basketball for fun to get their baseball season.

Rockets 13U was in the championship as well in the Philly tourney, do not know how they fared.

Each Rocket team made it to the championship and each one lost by 1 point. The older Rocket team actually played a 10th grade team in the finals. Rockets are done for the year.

Guest Guest

Why arent the Rockets playing In the Rage tourney this weekend?? Did TL and Krowiak have a falling out??? I thought they were buddies??

Guest Big Dog

Why arent the Rockets playing In the Rage tourney this weekend?? Did TL and Krowiak have a falling out??? I thought they were buddies??

No TL and Krowiak have no animosity toward each other at all. The fact is that Rockets are done and playing baseball

Guest Guest

There is a team called the Coker Phenoms entered in a couple of Tony's tournaments age brackets.

Read this story at this link:

ouraaustory.blogspot.com/

They had a 13U team in Cortland and had a couple players who looked pretty old and what appears to be the coach in this story was coaching there. I don't see anything on the AAU site that would link you to banned coaches and players so I guess they are just another organization looking for money and only enforce their rules when confronted.

Guest Guest

There is a team called the Coker Phenoms entered in a couple of Tony's tournaments age brackets.

Read this story at this link:

ouraaustory.blogspot.com/

They had a 13U team in Cortland and had a couple players who looked pretty old and what appears to be the coach in this story was coaching there. I don't see anything on the AAU site that would link you to banned coaches and players so I guess they are just another organization looking for money and only enforce their rules when confronted.

TL's tournament has 140+ teams in it. I don't think 4 teams is going to make a huge difference in the amount they make. And moron, know they rules, you could be 16 and in 8th grade playing on the 8th grade team. It goes by grade not age anymore. Know what you're talkin about.

Guest Guest

TL's tournament has 140+ teams in it. I don't think 4 teams is going to make a huge difference in the amount they make. And moron, know they rules, you could be 16 and in 8th grade playing on the 8th grade team. It goes by grade not age anymore. Know what you're talkin about.

I may be wrong but I think the previous poster was referring to the organization trying to make money, not this particular tournament.

Also before you go and call people morons you should know the rules. While AAU is by grade now their is an age cap. This is copied from the official AAU website under the link for "eligiblity"

8TH GRADE DIVISION

An athlete must be in the 8th grade as of October 1, 2010 and can be no older than 15 on August 31,

2011. For an athlete that is in the 9th grade as of October 1, 2010 wanting to petition to play down,

they can be no older than 14 on August 31, 2011.

So according to this if you are 16 now then you cannot play 8th grade AAU!

Guest Guest

I may be wrong but I think the previous poster was referring to the organization trying to make money, not this particular tournament.

Also before you go and call people morons you should know the rules. While AAU is by grade now their is an age cap. This is copied from the official AAU website under the link for "eligiblity"

8TH GRADE DIVISION

An athlete must be in the 8th grade as of October 1, 2010 and can be no older than 15 on August 31,

2011. For an athlete that is in the 9th grade as of October 1, 2010 wanting to petition to play down,

they can be no older than 14 on August 31, 2011.

So according to this if you are 16 now then you cannot play 8th grade AAU!

The post sounds like Lindsey again. He always calls people names, he has very "little" class. Remember Tony is only around 5' tall and like to call people names.

Guest Guest

The post sounds like Lindsey again. He always calls people names, he has very "little" class. Remember Tony is only around 5' tall and like to call people names.

Very little class? Shows your maturity and class. So what the mans short, I bet you have friends that are short but you wouldn't make fun of them huh? Come on let's talk basketball now. I believe the other poster was exaggerating when he said 16, but I could be wrong... Those kids in the article were barely over the age limit, and we don't really know how many age exceptions they had.. Calm down... TL is having a big tournament this weekend. Should have some good competition, especially for other crap teams around here.

Guest Proven People Wrong

Each Rocket team made it to the championship and each one lost by 1 point. The older Rocket team actually played a 10th grade team in the finals. Rockets are done for the year.

Speaking of bad news traveling fast, 9th grade red rockets played the 9TH GRADE Backcourt hoops team, lost by seventeen, then played in a crappy 2-3 zone the secod game and still lost by one.

Guest Guest

Speaking of bad news traveling fast, 9th grade red rockets played the 9TH GRADE Backcourt hoops team, lost by seventeen, then played in a crappy 2-3 zone the secod game and still lost by one.

Here know it all is a copy of the teams and pools:

http://www.backcourthoops.com/kop_schedule_4-2.htm

Hopefully the link stays active for awhile. Notice Backcourt Hoops is listed as 10 grade. Rockets chose to play up.

Guest big dog

Here know it all is a copy of the teams and pools:

http://www.backcourthoops.com/kop_schedule_4-2.htm

Hopefully the link stays active for awhile. Notice Backcourt Hoops is listed as 10 grade. Rockets chose to play up.

So listen you dumb idiot, this reply listed below was correct. Again, Anti Rocket fan, if you really knew what you were talking about, the 15U Rockets played zone in the first game and man to man in the finals.

"Wow, how does bad news travel so fast and so wrong. Rockets 15U did not lose to any team by 20. Won in the semis over an undefeated Philly team that beat everyone in their division by 15. Lost in the championship game by 1 to a very good team that plays AAU basketball through July and has crushed TL team many times in the past and has won TL's tourney the past 2 years. Not bad for a Rocket's team that is playing one month of basketball for fun to get their baseball season".

Actually Rockets did not chose to play up, they were selected to play up because of their extremely great success and 1st place finishes in the back court hoops tourneys.

Stop trashing any AAU team, second stringer player or parent.

Guest Guest

So listen you dumb idiot, this reply listed below was correct. Again, Anti Rocket fan, if you really knew what you were talking about, the 15U Rockets played zone in the first game and man to man in the finals.

"Wow, how does bad news travel so fast and so wrong. Rockets 15U did not lose to any team by 20. Won in the semis over an undefeated Philly team that beat everyone in their division by 15. Lost in the championship game by 1 to a very good team that plays AAU basketball through July and has crushed TL team many times in the past and has won TL's tourney the past 2 years. Not bad for a Rocket's team that is playing one month of basketball for fun to get their baseball season".

Actually Rockets did not chose to play up, they were selected to play up because of their extremely great success and 1st place finishes in the back court hoops tourneys.

You make no sense. You are bashing someone for proving that the Rockets played a 10th grade Backcourt Hoops team. Also when you enter these tournaments you can choose A B or C. Go to Backcourt Hoops site and check the registration site. Rockets always enter as A and when Backcourt Hoops doesn't have enough A team requests they push the teams requesting A up to the next age group. I see some teams that are A teams in Tony's tournament playing down. Do you really think there is some ranking system that the tournament directors look at when putting the schedule together. Also look at the Endwell teams (Flyers)entered for this weekend. Every Flyer team is entered in the lowest division for their age group. They requested that. If one of the Flyers teams wins their division someone on here will say they beat the best in the world as usual.

Guest Guest

You make no sense. You are bashing someone for proving that the Rockets played a 10th grade Backcourt Hoops team. Also when you enter these tournaments you can choose A B or C. Go to Backcourt Hoops site and check the registration site. Rockets always enter as A and when Backcourt Hoops doesn't have enough A team requests they push the teams requesting A up to the next age group. I see some teams that are A teams in Tony's tournament playing down. Do you really think there is some ranking system that the tournament directors look at when putting the schedule together. Also look at the Endwell teams (Flyers)entered for this weekend. Every Flyer team is entered in the lowest division for their age group. They requested that. If one of the Flyers teams wins their division someone on here will say they beat the best in the world as usual.

The Flyera are a school team, all kids from same school. They are in that division as opposed to playing real AAU teams that are composed of allstars

from several schools. Get an effin clue before you post.

Guest Guest

So what? Rage 15U beat the second place team in the rockets division in the cortland tournament by 35. They didn't have a strong division, almost never do because of the smaller tournaments they play in. On the other hand Rage lost in the championship by 2 in new jersey, a much better accomplishment. Knowing the gallaghers they'll probably play with the flyers team this weekend cause that's just how they are, bums who think they own

everything. Nice people just clueless when it comes to basketball. It would suck to be those other boys that have put hard work in these past weeks just to know the g-show was coming to take their playing time.

Guest Guest

So what? Rage 15U beat the second place team in the rockets division in the cortland tournament by 35. They didn't have a strong division, almost never do because of the smaller tournaments they play in. On the other hand Rage lost in the championship by 2 in new jersey, a much better accomplishment. Knowing the gallaghers they'll probably play with the flyers team this weekend cause that's just how they are, bums who think they own

everything. Nice people just clueless when it comes to basketball. It would suck to be those other boys that have put hard work in these past weeks just to know the g-show was coming to take their playing time.

Hope they do play, we will be that much better.

Guest Guest

Hope they do play, we will be that much better.

Oh please.. Two of your best M-E players play for TL( Siniki and Wisnewski) I guess it only matters if you're a player and you get screwed for playing time though....

Guest Guest

You cannot be serious. If any of the Gallagher's play on my kid's ME team this weekend, I will be pissed.

Guest Guest

The Cortland tournament had a 120 teams or so and was not small. The only one bigger so far is Tony's this weekend. You damn the Gallaghers because they have their kids play "A" division basketball to get better. The other Endwell kids could do the same. In fact the 2 9th graders that play for Rage do. Somebody said the Flyers are a school team so I would say the Gallaghers are entitled to play for them. If the other parents don't like it then they should get their sons better instruction and on stronger teams. The Endwell players playing Rage and Rockets are superior to the rest from playing the best and a lot of hard work. School ball and entering AAU tournaments in the weakest divisions is not going to make great players just recreational ones.

The Cortland tournament had a 120 teams or so and was not small. The only one bigger so far is Tony's this weekend. You damn the Gallaghers because they have their kids play "A" division basketball to get better. The other Endwell kids could do the same. In fact the 2 9th graders that play for Rage do. Somebody said the Flyers are a school team so I would say the Gallaghers are entitled to play for them. If the other parents don't like it then they should get their sons better instruction and on stronger teams. The Endwell players playing Rage and Rockets are superior to the rest from playing the best and a lot of hard work. School ball and entering AAU tournaments in the weakest divisions is not going to make great players just recreational ones.

I see your point and I think it's and excellent one. The four players that don't play flyers from

M-E are arguably the best 9th and 8th graders( two gallaghers and siniki and wisnewski) around except for Krowiak, and I'm probably missing one or two other players.. However i can see how parents would be aggravated about the gallagher boys playing with the Flyers. If they want to play another tournament they should've played on a team originally scheduled to play more, I just don't think it's right to hop from one team to another and hog playing time cause we all know Ocker doesn't have the balls to say no...( remind you of connollys maybe? Just maybe?)... But on the other hand the Gallagher boys are both great, nice kids and like siniki and wisnewski they put in lots of effort at least in season. I believe Siniki and wisnewski both play and go to a lot more off season camps than the gallaghers.. Just what I've heard..

Archived