AAU Basketball

BaldEagle

Guest Guest

So what you are really saying is.... if Tony had kids he would screem and yell for them to get the ball to his kid. But there might be another problem Tony's kids would be way to short to play basketball!!!

No I believe Krowiak screams and yells for them

to getthe ballyo his kid. Hahah. Oooooooo

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest

No they did not meet. Tony's team was knocked out the 1st day. The Rockets made it to the finals and lost by a few to the team they defeated last year in the finals. Younger Rocket team made it to the finals too and lost what was a close game throughout. A great showing by the Rockets.

As a matter of fact the Rockets had the weakest poot for 15U(9th grade). The second place team in their pool was beaten by Rage by 38 points. The central western guy only put three teams in Rages bracket. Rages two other games besides their loss weren't even close. Won both in blow outs. RAP Elite which was in Rages bracket went on to win the tournament AGAINST Rockets. Both teams lost to RAP by 5. Rage's first game of the season was against RAP and they were ahead by 10 at half, but went on to lose. Stop acting like Rockets did amazing. They were in a terrible pool, and had easy games all throughout. Not excuses, just facts.

Guest English Teacher

No I believe Krowiak screams and yells for them

to getthe ballyo his kid. Hahah. Oooooooo

You might want to think about attending a writing workshop, before you post a comment?

Guest Guest

As a matter of fact the Rockets had the weakest poot for 15U(9th grade). The second place team in their pool was beaten by Rage by 38 points. The central western guy only put three teams in Rages bracket. Rages two other games besides their loss weren't even close. Won both in blow outs. RAP Elite which was in Rages bracket went on to win the tournament AGAINST Rockets. Both teams lost to RAP by 5. Rage's first game of the season was against RAP and they were ahead by 10 at half, but went on to lose. Stop acting like Rockets did amazing. They were in a terrible pool, and had easy games all throughout. Not excuses, just facts.

Rage had only 3 teams in their pool and only had to win their first 2 games to advance versus 3 for the other pools. Their Sun game was meaningless. The Rockets were defending champions and the team that won was the same team they defeated last year to win with the exception of a couple of shooters RAP recruited this year. Rage jumped out to an early lead on RAP but the second half took Rage apart. The Rocket game was a back and forth game through out. Poor shooting at the end cost the Rockets and 3pt shooting for RAP won it. Rage running up a score on a Buffalo team in a meaningless game does not make them National champions. One thing locals should notice is the ME kids are a top force on both teams.

Guest parent

Rage had only 3 teams in their pool and only had to win their first 2 games to advance versus 3 for the other pools. Their Sun game was meaningless. The Rockets were defending champions and the team that won was the same team they defeated last year to win with the exception of a couple of shooters RAP recruited this year. Rage jumped out to an early lead on RAP but the second half took Rage apart. The Rocket game was a back and forth game through out. Poor shooting at the end cost the Rockets and 3pt shooting for RAP won it. Rage running up a score on a Buffalo team in a meaningless game does not make them National champions. One thing locals should notice is the ME kids are a top force on both teams.

Where can I find a site that displays the Tourney results, Thanks.....

Guest parent

I wouldn't exactly say they tore them apart, but they didn't perform in the second half. And hey moron, Rockets also beat central western by 50, not running up the score or anything...but who cares? Why play to the score board? If you're better than a team, you are better and why not try and score as much as you can. Especially when the other team was as chippy as Buffalo Storm and central western were... And as for the M-E kids I agree. All four are solid, play hard, work on defense, can shoot and score, and are very athletic. Watch out for them in the future. They won the JC, JCC, and epiphany tournaments this year.

Guest Guest

I wouldn't exactly say they tore them apart, but they didn't perform in the second half. And hey moron, Rockets also beat central western by 50, not running up the score or anything...but who cares? Why play to the score board? If you're better than a team, you are better and why not try and score as much as you can. Especially when the other team was as chippy as Buffalo Storm and central western were... And as for the M-E kids I agree. All four are solid, play hard, work on defense, can shoot and score, and are very athletic. Watch out for them in the future. They won the JC, JCC, and epiphany tournaments this year.

Thanks for the update Tony.

Guest Guest

First of all, I complimented and stated flaws of both teams moron. Second of all I'm not TL, so just stop with your idiotic blabbering. And your son CJ, shoots way too much and thinks he's so good. No offense coach krowiak.

Tony, did I strike a nerve with you.... Come on WE all kmow it's you Tony, by the way who cut's your hair, a Toro????

Guest Guest

Central Western AAU appears to be the site but does not have the results. I was looking at the schedule and it appears the RAP team had a easier run to the finals. They were only in their second game of the day in the finals versus the 3rd for the Rockets. The schedule should have been better balanced. Fatigue factor certainly had to have played a factor in the finals.

Guest parent

Come on Rob we all know it's you..who cuts your hair? OH WAIT YOUR BALD!!! Haha

Good morning Tony, What are you going to do today, maybe look for a real job, take your mothers garbage out, maybe clean your bedroom.....

I truly don't understand this anger toward Tony Lindsey.

My son plays Rage (he's not coached by TL) and he loves it. He has made many friends from other schools through Rage and he also has friends who play for the Rockets. He has played with some of those kids in other tournaments at different times throughout the year.

The Rockets are a strong program, as is the Rage. Depending on the different age brackets, one team may be better than another, year to year.

The biggest difference between the two seems to be (trying to remain objective) that the Rockets hand-pick kids. In fact, numerous kids who now play for TC Rockets teams previously played for the Rage teams. The birth of the TC Rockets and their recruitment of players from Rage and elsewhere was a good thing for area basketball, in my opinion, as it increased the number of kids who play at a pretty high level of competition. At the upper ages for Rage, they are more hand-picked too, but for the younger teams, there are tryouts where hundreds of kids come and try to make teams.

There are also other area teams that have formed more recently to play in AAU. There's the Flyers, which seems to be a team of M-E (and maybe Endicott?) kids and then you also now have the TC Hawks, which looks like a Tioga County group with many kids from Owego, Newark Valley and maybe a few other schools represented.

It all bodes well for area basketball.

Guest Guest

My son plays Rage (he's not coached by TL) and he loves it. He has made many friends from other schools through Rage and he also has friends who play for the Rockets. He has played with some of those kids in other tournaments at different times throughout the year.

The Rockets are a strong program, as is the Rage. Depending on the different age brackets, one team may be better than another, year to year.

The biggest difference between the two seems to be (trying to remain objective) that the Rockets hand-pick kids. In fact, numerous kids who now play for TC Rockets teams previously played for the Rage teams. The birth of the TC Rockets and their recruitment of players from Rage and elsewhere was a good thing for area basketball, in my opinion, as it increased the number of kids who play at a pretty high level of competition. At the upper ages for Rage, they are more hand-picked too, but for the younger teams, there are tryouts where hundreds of kids come and try to make teams.

There are also other area teams that have formed more recently to play in AAU. There's the Flyers, which seems to be a team of M-E (and maybe Endicott?) kids and then you also now have the TC Hawks, which looks like a Tioga County group with many kids from Owego, Newark Valley and maybe a few other schools represented.

The Flyers are for Maine-Endwell basketball players only. The ME varsity coach coaches all of the teams from 6th-11th grade. Talk about building a program.

Guest guest

The Flyers are for Maine-Endwell basketball players only. The ME varsity coach coaches all of the teams from 6th-11th grade. Talk about building a program.

Wrong. My daughter is on the 9th grade team. M-E has the largest number of members but there are girls from Montrose, Norwich, SV, CV, JC, U-E, Dryden, and Lansing. The coaches include Spera from M-E but there are also coaches from Binghamton, Vestal, CV and U-E. Its a great program and my daughter loves it.

Guest guest

Oops. I just realized that you may be speaking of boys teams. I have no idea about the boy Flyers teams. I just know that there aren't many of those. The Flyers is predominantly a girls program.

Guest Guest

The boys flyers teams are only maine endwell kids and i did hear that the varsity coach is coaching all of their teams. I am not sure that is possible though.

Good morning Tony, What are you going to do today, maybe look for a real job, take your mothers garbage out, maybe clean your bedroom.....

First of all TL has his own home. And I believe we were on the subject of basketball, so let's be a little more mature. Now back to it all. I would say Rage and TC Rockets are pretty even. Rage has much better big men, while Rockets guards are arguably better. Personally I'd take Williams over Krowiak, Gallagher over Wisnewski, and Sinicki over Lavo or whoever else plays for TC that's a guard. ( Thats comparing positions) Just my unbiased opinion.

Guest AAU Fan

Wrong. My daughter is on the 9th grade team. M-E has the largest number of members but there are girls from Montrose, Norwich, SV, CV, JC, U-E, Dryden, and Lansing. The coaches include Spera from M-E but there are also coaches from Binghamton, Vestal, CV and U-E. Its a great program and my daughter loves it.

Coaches from Vestal and Binghamton with the Flyers? Who? Neither school does much outside of season. Binghamton just sends their girls to BX and Vestal cant be bothered.

Guest Big Dog

I agree with this person. Why TL gets bashed is ridiculous. He has put together the largest AAU boys program in the Southern Tier. He has one of the larger tourney for AAU with 90-100 teams playing. He has his quirks as all coaches do. The Rockets have some solid teams and players. Rage has many strong teams. The 15U teams while different styles both could beat each other on any given day. The coaching style between them is different as well. Both get the most of their players.

Guest guest

Coaches from Vestal and Binghamton with the Flyers? Who? Neither school does much outside of season. Binghamton just sends their girls to BX and Vestal cant be bothered.

Dave Springer helps with one of the girls teams and the older Walker girl (Vestal) also helps. I guess I was somewhat misleading. Sorry. The point I was trying to make was that the girls side of Flyers is hardly a M-E only operation. Having said that, there are no Binghamton girls or Vestal girls in Flyers that I now of. The younger Walker girl played for the national team last AAU season.

Dave Springer helps with one of the girls teams and the older Walker girl (Vestal) also helps. I guess I was somewhat misleading. Sorry. The point I was trying to make was that the girls side of Flyers is hardly a M-E only operation. Having said that, there are no Binghamton girls or Vestal girls in Flyers that I now of. The younger Walker girl played for the national team last AAU season.

Most Flyers(girls) teams are 50% M-E girls.

Guest guest

Most Flyers(girls) teams are 50% M-E girls.

You may be right.... I'm unsure about the younger teams in the Flyers program. But here is my point: There are no restrictions on non-M-E players. My daughter is not from M-E. She is on the Ninth Grade Team. The Flyers have a very fair "try-out" system. In fact, I'm not aware of any real cuts. If there are enough girls, two teams will be formed for a particular age level. If you or anyone else is trying to say that the Flyers are limited to M-E residents, then I must say you are mistaken. ANYONE can join.

Guest Guest

The top 7th grade guard from Vestal plays for the flyers

Archived