AAU Basketball

BaldEagle

Guest Guest

Thanks for the info Tony.....

Where could you possibly get the fact that I'm TL. I stated facts, facts which you're simply trying to ignore, and know that I'm right.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest

No one with the exception of two kids maybe in Broome County could play for City Rocks. JB Hoops and Syracuse Select don't travel much more than Lindseys own two teams, and aren't much better. If people wouldn't of dropped out from Rage, Rage wouldve had some of the best teams around in the younger guys anyways(15 & under). That's why those teams are so good, is because like all of TL's players, they're basketball first guys.

I beg to differ but JB National team travels much more than the Rage. Their tournaments in the past have included:

1) Las Vegas

2) Florida

3) West Virginia

4) Virginia

5) Rhode Island

6) Boston

7) New Jersey

I know places like NJ and Rhode Island aren't far but they play in big tournaments

Guest Guest

The teams that split off play weak competition and are VERY mediocre.

The Rocket teams both beat the Rage teams in their age group last year. Hoop Dreams with KJ Rose, need I speak furthur. The older Rocket team is very good. Rage would would have to recruit outside their district to have a chance against them. The other Rocket team lost one of their good players but is still above average and has who I believe will become the top player in the county later on. There is going to be a 3rd Rocket team this year that should do well.

These other teams formed to fit the needs of the players and their families. It is not really a rivalry. Rage is a large organization and somewhat not very flexible with tournament dates, practice times etc thus the reason for the split. Without the start of Rage would there be AAU in this area? Tony did a great thing for this area when he started Rage. He also does leagues, camps etc besides AAU. Love him or hate him he has worked hard for the sport of basketball in this area.

Guest Guest

The Rocket teams both beat the Rage teams in their age group last year. Hoop Dreams with KJ Rose, need I speak furthur. The older Rocket team is very good. Rage would would have to recruit outside their district to have a chance against them. The other Rocket team lost one of their good players but is still above average and has who I believe will become the top player in the county later on. There is going to be a 3rd Rocket team this year that should do well.

These other teams formed to fit the needs of the players and their families. It is not really a rivalry. Rage is a large organization and somewhat not very flexible with tournament dates, practice times etc thus the reason for the split. Without the start of Rage would there be AAU in this area? Tony did a great thing for this area when he started Rage. He also does leagues, camps etc besides AAU. Love him or hate him he has worked hard for the sport of basketball in this area.

tony works hard to make tony look good, and that takes alot of work. i am very familiar with his coaching abilitites. they don't exist.

Guest AAU Fan

Does Tony make money on the Rage? Does he draw a salary, stipend or expenses? No issue here if he does, just stop making him out to be a saint.

I question the motives and interests of ANY AAU program whose head is taking money. Most of the local/school based teams just cover costs. others make a profit. and some are just plain ridiculous in cost.

Guest Guest

Does Tony make money on the Rage? Does he draw a salary, stipend or expenses? No issue here if he does, just stop making him out to be a saint.

I question the motives and interests of ANY AAU program whose head is taking money. Most of the local/school based teams just cover costs. others make a profit. and some are just plain ridiculous in cost.

Lindsey makes no money what so ever off of the Rage program. Lindsey does not coach a national team, because one there aren't enough good players around to compete at that level, and two, the cost is outrageous. Upward of 1,000$ dollars. And as to Rockets being better than TL's 15 year old team, I could assure you they are no better skilled, and in the upcoming years will not be any better. 2/3 of the Rockets best players (Gallaghers) matured in 6th grade and are done. This year will be a great game if they play, and could end up playing this weekend in Cortland, although it's very early in the season. Rockets lost to the X-Gen Jammers in last weeks Seneca falls tournament with CJ and a big man. They beat X-Gen by 20 without them. It goes to show Krowiak will shoot them

in or out of a game.

Guest guest

Lindsey makes no money what so ever off of the Rage program. Lindsey does not coach a national team, because one there aren't enough good players around to compete at that level, and two, the cost is outrageous. Upward of 1,000$ dollars. And as to Rockets being better than TL's 15 year old team, I could assure you they are no better skilled, and in the upcoming years will not be any better. 2/3 of the Rockets best players (Gallaghers) matured in 6th grade and are done. This year will be a great game if they play, and could end up playing this weekend in Cortland, although it's very early in the season. Rockets lost to the X-Gen Jammers in last weeks Seneca falls tournament with CJ and a big man. They beat X-Gen by 20 without them. It goes to show Krowiak will shoot them

in or out of a game.

YES, he charges each team a fee for RAGE. He then sends out a schedule and that's it. Lindsey's schedules are the worst I've ever seen, they are always late, numerous mistakes, and he could care less....

Guest Guest

YES, he charges each team a fee for RAGE. He then sends out a schedule and that's it. Lindsey's schedules are the worst I've ever seen, they are always late, numerous mistakes, and he could care less....

Idiot he charges them fees to get into tournaments cause it cost money to get into tournaments! I've coached Rage once and I never expierenced one problem with his scheduling.

Guest Rocket

in or out of a game.

They beat X-Gen by 8 I believe in the seeding round and lost in triple OT in the finals. To blame it on CJ is crazy. He adds so much speed to the team along the abilities he has. Come on, get a life. I didn't stay for the final but heard all of them struggled with their shooting and X-Gen was hot. That is basketball. The Gallagher's matured out in the 6th grade and are done??? All three have grown at least 3-4 inches this last year. I would say they stand 6-3, 6-0, and 5-7. I don't know why anybody would slam this family. They are nice people and the kids are very polite and well behaved. It seems people enjoy degrading that which is good. My son plays for the 13U Rocket team and Rage are not really our rivals. My son is good friends with most of the players on Rage and was coached by their coaches at one time or another. It actually makes playing Rage fun for him and for them. Hell, he stills wears his Rage sweatshirt from time to time and after the Rockets were done last year played on a Rage team for one tournament.

Anybody on here who has not been to an AAU tournament and are curious should drive up to Cortland this weekend. For a 5 dollar admission you can watch a lot of basketball and judge for yourself what you think of AAU. The schedule should be out later this week. Search for "Cortland Shootout"

I hope Tony pays himself, he deserves it.

Guest guest

They beat X-Gen by 8 I believe in the seeding round and lost in triple OT in the finals. To blame it on CJ is crazy. He adds so much speed to the team along the abilities he has. Come on, get a life. I didn't stay for the final but heard all of them struggled with their shooting and X-Gen was hot. That is basketball. The Gallagher's matured out in the 6th grade and are done??? All three have grown at least 3-4 inches this last year. I would say they stand 6-3, 6-0, and 5-7. I don't know why anybody would slam this family. They are nice people and the kids are very polite and well behaved. It seems people enjoy degrading that which is good. My son plays for the 13U Rocket team and Rage are not really our rivals. My son is good friends with most of the players on Rage and was coached by their coaches at one time or another. It actually makes playing Rage fun for him and for them. Hell, he stills wears his Rage sweatshirt from time to time and after the Rockets were done last year played on a Rage team for one tournament.

Anybody on here who has not been to an AAU tournament and are curious should drive up to Cortland this weekend. For a 5 dollar admission you can watch a lot of basketball and judge for yourself what you think of AAU. The schedule should be out later this week. Search for "Cortland Shootout"

Thanks again for the info Tony, and yes you do make a profit. You charge each team a fee to play in the RAGE league starting in November and your schedules are always late, incomplete, and very disorganized.

Guest Guest

The schedule is out. Looks like the 15U Rockets and Rage will not meet unless they both make it to the finals. http://www.centralwestern.org/

Guest Guest

Thanks again for the info Tony, and yes you do make a profit. You charge each team a fee to play in the RAGE league starting in November and your schedules are always late, incomplete, and very disorganized.

Do you know how much it costs to rent out BU gyms? Tons. And even if he did make any profit, you can't say he doesn't deserve it. Without him there would be no summer league in Binghamton, no summer league in Syare, no fall league, no fall travel teams, no league for 4-6 graders to play in unless they play CYO, and finally no Rage teams. And by the way, without CJ and their big man they beat X-Gen by 20. They then went on to lose to them in triple ot with both of them playing. I saw both games.

Guest Guest

Do you know how much it costs to rent out BU gyms? Tons. And even if he did make any profit, you can't say he doesn't deserve it. Without him there would be no summer league in Binghamton, no summer league in Syare, no fall league, no fall travel teams, no league for 4-6 graders to play in unless they play CYO, and finally no Rage teams. And by the way, without CJ and their big man they beat X-Gen by 20. They then went on to lose to them in triple ot with both of them playing. I saw both games.

without tony, there would no more organized basketball played in the united states, and most of the world, at any level.

without tony, there would no more organized basketball played in the united states, and most of the world, at any level.

Just stop that's a dumb post...get serious Tony has done so much more for this areas basketball in the last 7 years than anyone else. TL may have messed up not letting people separate off under the Rage name the RAP and those AAU programs but that's just not his way.

Guest Guest

he's the greatest basketball coach in the world as well.

Guest Guest

Just stop that's a dumb post...get serious Tony has done so much more for this areas basketball in the last 7 years than anyone else. TL may have messed up not letting people separate off under the Rage name the RAP and those AAU programs but that's just not his way.

it's called a napolean complex, better known as short man's complex. he gets off on the power trip because of his obvious insecurities. it's all he has.

Guest Guest

it's called a napolean complex, better known as short man's complex. he gets off on the power trip because of his obvious insecurities. it's all he has.

Sorry, what age group dis your loser son get cut from?

Guest Guest

Can somebody tell me why Tony is not entitled to make any money for the time he puts in running his organization? He will spend over 20 hours this weekend in Cortland at a tournament not his. His local teams will play 6 tournaments of which 2 are his plus the times he will practice his teams. I bet he will have at least 180 hours of his time invested in those 6 weeks and after he will be travelling with his elite teams for who knows how long. If he just paid himself minimum wage for his hours each year he would have to pay himself at least 4-5K I would think, let alone his expenses. He is supposed to do all this for nothing? How many hours do you people who are complaining about him donate each year to something like this and not even have a son or daughter playing?

Guest Guest

If you spent 2 days in Seneca Falls to watch the Rockets you must either have a son on the team or are a real dedicated fan of the Rockets.

Guest Guest

If you spent 2 days in Seneca Falls to watch the Rockets you must either have a son on the team or are a real dedicated fan of the Rockets.

Guest Guest

Nephew on the team.

Guest Guest

The schedule is out. Looks like the 15U Rockets and Rage will not meet unless they both make it to the finals. http://www.centralwestern.org/

Well Rage is kind of getting screwed over having to play D-Squad and RAP Elite. Who knows though, RAP can put out some great teams, or some sub-par teams. From what I've heard TL's team is looking pretty good. They also play a mystery team who has not been added to the schedule yet.

Guest guest

Can somebody tell me why Tony is not entitled to make any money for the time he puts in running his organization? He will spend over 20 hours this weekend in Cortland at a tournament not his. His local teams will play 6 tournaments of which 2 are his plus the times he will practice his teams. I bet he will have at least 180 hours of his time invested in those 6 weeks and after he will be travelling with his elite teams for who knows how long. If he just paid himself minimum wage for his hours each year he would have to pay himself at least 4-5K I would think, let alone his expenses. He is supposed to do all this for nothing? How many hours do you people who are complaining about him donate each year to something like this and not even have a son or daughter playing?

It's one thing to make a profit, it's another to provide quality sevice, Tony could care less about service.

Guest AAU Fan

Yeah, we have a winner...Yes, Tony is entitled to take money for his time cause its a JOB...my issue is you act like he is Mother Theresa or something doing good across NYS.

There are folks out there that run teams and programs without getting paid and bragging how much they do. I'm more impressed with their involvement than some guy who had to create his own income stream off the backs of delusional parents and kids.

Guest guest

Yeah, we have a winner...Yes, Tony is entitled to take money for his time cause its a JOB...my issue is you act like he is Mother Theresa or something doing good across NYS.

There are folks out there that run teams and programs without getting paid and bragging how much they do. I'm more impressed with their involvement than some guy who had to create his own income stream off the backs of delusional parents and kids.

why blame tl if parents are delusional? put a team together, any type of team, call it a all star team, and parents will open their wallets. there are kids playing for these type of assembleges rather than their own high school programs.why learn from your coach, play with your team mates, stay in the system you will be in during the regular hs season?? play with the all stars?? it is SO much better?? me thinks not.

Archived