SCC QB going to UB?

Guest Guest

I guess I'm not quite as smart as you folks, but it took me 5 min online to find what you couldn't find in 13 pages. If you go to the UB football web page, and type in 2013 recruits, there are 4 listed there that they have made offers to and CS is one of them. That means that at anytime between now and national signing day in 2013 he can make a verbal commitment much the same as J Thomas did with Rutgers after his sophomore year. Also something you may want to look at is there QB coaches Bio., He was the QB coach at the University of Iowa for 21 years, and coached kids like Stanzi etc. So I would think his evaluation must carry a little more weight then yours. Also If you put CS name in on an Internet search you will find that Syracuse, Penn State, BC, Rutgers, U Conn and more are all interested. I coached HS football for a number of years and the reason I got out was because of parents and people like you who think they know everything. I saw 2 of CS games last year Corning and ME. And in both games he spent most of his time running for his life. And from what I see the Vestal coaching staff may be the worst in STAC. I went to the Groton game, and the kid looked good, big, strong arm and accurate, I only saw 1 or 2 passes that couldn't have been caught. He threw a 45 of 50 yarder right on the money. My suggestion would be to get off your butts and go see a game. And by the way SCC has some players, and may give CF all they can handle on Saturday. Is he a D1 Qb, UB thinks so......

That is a great post. Thank you. Now everyone but these haters, forget about it. These clowns don't deserve any more attention. Peace!

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess I'm not quite as smart as you folks, but it took me 5 min online to find what you couldn't find in 13 pages. If you go to the UB football web page, and type in 2013 recruits, there are 4 listed there that they have made offers to and CS is one of them. That means that at anytime between now and national signing day in 2013 he can make a verbal commitment much the same as J Thomas did with Rutgers after his sophomore year. Also something you may want to look at is there QB coaches Bio., He was the QB coach at the University of Iowa for 21 years, and coached kids like Stanzi etc. So I would think his evaluation must carry a little more weight then yours. Also If you put CS name in on an Internet search you will find that Syracuse, Penn State, BC, Rutgers, U Conn and more are all interested. I coached HS football for a number of years and the reason I got out was because of parents and people like you who think they know everything. I saw 2 of CS games last year Corning and ME. And in both games he spent most of his time running for his life. And from what I see the Vestal coaching staff may be the worst in STAC. I went to the Groton game, and the kid looked good, big, strong arm and accurate, I only saw 1 or 2 passes that couldn't have been caught. He threw a 45 of 50 yarder right on the money. My suggestion would be to get off your butts and go see a game. And by the way SCC has some players, and may give CF all they can handle on Saturday. Is he a D1 Qb, UB thinks so......

let me get this straight. he is a below average high school QB, and all these programs want him while he still has 3 more years to play. ok. see how many offers he gets when they are official and it's for keeps.

I'll try to do this again because you are either very slow, in that case I feel sorry for you, or you are just plain dumb and I tend to believe the latter. A college can make an offer to anyone at anytime, they do that to try to secure them for the future. USC made an offer to an 8th grader a few years ago. Let me walk you through the process, an alumnus may give the coaches a name. One of their scouts may see someone as a freshman or sophomore who has size or athleticism they will keep track of him. They may have seen him at one of the camps or combines. Then they usually follow up with a letter to the athlete or coach showing their interest. They keep track of the athlete and when they feel they want to see more they will call the coach ask for film and a transcript of his grades. If they like what they see they will usually ask the athlete to come to one of their camps so they can see him first hand. If they like what again they will probably make an offer a short time later. The reason for the offer is so they can get a verbal commitment from the athlete, so they know where they stand with that particular athlete in the recruiting process. For you to say that they would make an offer to someone they haven't seen is so ridiculous it doesn’t deserve any further comment. The more you write the more ignorance you show. I don't believe that you have seen this kid play, maybe when he was a freshmen. And by the way, even the less than stellar Vestal coaching realized he had talent. I believe they started him as a freshman. But I'm sure you haven't seen him lately, because there is no way that you cold honestly say he has no talent. For all you folks out there reading this, I wouldn't dignify anything this man writes with a response because he has no clue of what he speaks. Go to the Game on Saturday against CF and you decide, don't let a loser like this guy taint your judgment.

Just remember that college coaches are looking at kids based on what they think they can do with them at the college level. Many times you may have a kid that is undersized in high school who may accomplish much in high school, but not get many offers because the projection of his talent may not translate to the D 1 level. CS is a big strong kid who if coached by the proper position coaches could become a great talent at the college level. Remember that D 1 football is a full time job and is done year round. People who watch section 4 football have no idea what football is like in different parts of the country. CS has been to camps in the offseason where he has worked with quality position coaches and the word is out about him to different schools. Please don't base your opinion of this kid about what he has done in Vestal or SCC. The kid has a bright future and those who would come on here and claim to be experts are guys who probably sit at home, scream at coaches when high school kids are playing, play video games, and believe they know everything there is to know about football. The quarterback position is complex and most high school offenses in this area don't have the proper coaching to develop an elite division 1 level quarterback. I really hope that CS is not reading all the posts that adults are making about a high school kid, but if he is I hope that you know that you have a bright future ahead of you. Many of the people that come on this website and post garbage is because they can attack others from behind a screen and are not held accountable for their words. A word of wisdom to many of the adults who would take their time to bash a high school kid: you are no longer in high school and though you try to live your glory days through the lives of your children, you are adults and should act like one. It is sad to see the way a high school kid can be bashed on the social media that exist. To all the players at every school good luck this season and I hope you see your dreams come true.

Go to Scout.com football recruiting for UB 2012 -13....I don't know anything about this QB but they have two pages of kids they're recuriting and no one from SCC or the binghamton area at the QB position.....even the most remote prospects are listed here....

Just remember that college coaches are looking at kids based on what they think they can do with them at the college level. Many times you may have a kid that is undersized in high school who may accomplish much in high school, but not get many offers because the projection of his talent may not translate to the D 1 level. CS is a big strong kid who if coached by the proper position coaches could become a great talent at the college level. Remember that D 1 football is a full time job and is done year round. People who watch section 4 football have no idea what football is like in different parts of the country. CS has been to camps in the offseason where he has worked with quality position coaches and the word is out about him to different schools. Please don't base your opinion of this kid about what he has done in Vestal or SCC. The kid has a bright future and those who would come on here and claim to be experts are guys who probably sit at home, scream at coaches when high school kids are playing, play video games, and believe they know everything there is to know about football. The quarterback position is complex and most high school offenses in this area don't have the proper coaching to develop an elite division 1 level quarterback. I really hope that CS is not reading all the posts that adults are making about a high school kid, but if he is I hope that you know that you have a bright future ahead of you. Many of the people that come on this website and post garbage is because they can attack others from behind a screen and are not held accountable for their words. A word of wisdom to many of the adults who would take their time to bash a high school kid: you are no longer in high school and though you try to live your glory days through the lives of your children, you are adults and should act like one. It is sad to see the way a high school kid can be bashed on the social media that exist. To all the players at every school good luck this season and I hope you see your dreams come true.

I hope he is reading these posts. It will give him a thicker skin that he will need later in life no matter what he is doing. In the movies where they show somebody being pulled into hell by numerous faceless souls, this is what the bashers on here are. Faceless souls trying to drag this kid down to the purgatory they currently exist in. The only thing that can defeat you is you yourself. Keep your nose clean, work hard and you cannot fail.

Just put his name in online Caleb Scepaniak, there are 8 or more pages however info scattered throughout Yahoo, ESPN are on first page. One or both have his offers as a sophomore he has 4, UB, Cornell, Fordham, and Wagner.

I'll try to do this again because you are either very slow, in that case I feel sorry for you, or you are just plain dumb and I tend to believe the latter. A college can make an offer to anyone at anytime, they do that to try to secure them for the future. USC made an offer to an 8th grader a few years ago. Let me walk you through the process, an alumnus may give the coaches a name. One of their scouts may see someone as a freshman or sophomore who has size or athleticism they will keep track of him. They may have seen him at one of the camps or combines. Then they usually follow up with a letter to the athlete or coach showing their interest. They keep track of the athlete and when they feel they want to see more they will call the coach ask for film and a transcript of his grades. If they like what they see they will usually ask the athlete to come to one of their camps so they can see him first hand. If they like what again they will probably make an offer a short time later. The reason for the offer is so they can get a verbal commitment from the athlete, so they know where they stand with that particular athlete in the recruiting process. For you to say that they would make an offer to someone they haven't seen is so ridiculous it doesn’t deserve any further comment. The more you write the more ignorance you show. I don't believe that you have seen this kid play, maybe when he was a freshmen. And by the way, even the less than stellar Vestal coaching realized he had talent. I believe they started him as a freshman. But I'm sure you haven't seen him lately, because there is no way that you cold honestly say he has no talent. For all you folks out there reading this, I wouldn't dignify anything this man writes with a response because he has no clue of what he speaks. Go to the Game on Saturday against CF and you decide, don't let a loser like this guy taint your judgment.

not one word of what you say in your novel is true. notice how many times you say "maybe". colleges do offer things to young kids because there is no risk. they have no rights to him til he signs the dotted line. you are not worthy of my time. they would certainly make a worthless offer to a QB with size without seeing him play. they have plenty of time to look at him. you also don't have a clue as to when and where a team can contact a player. what you described violates NCAA rules. you are 100% clueless.

You really are a glutton for punishment, you wouldn't know an NCAA rule if it fell on your head. Now let me instruct you like the child you are. First a college can send a letter to an athlete or coach anytime. Second a college can contact a coach at anytime. An athlete can call a college coach, and the coach can call him back, but not the other way around. A college, through the coach can ask an athlete to come to a camp, as long as the athlete pays for the camp himself. After September 1st of the athletes junior year the school can have direct contact with the athlete, have him come to a game, visit etc. I've done this for years, you are an idiot and I'm really getting tired of your nonsense, it took you 2 days to come up with that moronic response. Give it up, you know absolutely nothing. Again I'll say this, everytime you respond you prove what a loser you are.....

You really are a glutton for punishment, you wouldn't know an NCAA rule if it fell on your head. Now let me instruct you like the child you are. First a college can send a letter to an athlete or coach anytime. Second a college can contact a coach at anytime. An athlete can call a college coach, and the coach can call him back, but not the other way around. A college, through the coach can ask an athlete to come to a camp, as long as the athlete pays for the camp himself. After September 1st of the athletes junior year the school can have direct contact with the athlete, have him come to a game, visit etc. I've done this for years, you are an idiot and I'm really getting tired of your nonsense, it took you 2 days to come up with that moronic response. Give it up, you know absolutely nothing. Again I'll say this, everytime you respond you prove what a loser you are.....

wrong on all counts. i have been through the process. how bout you, mr. know it all???? did you get recruited for the hacky sack team? i lived it. but you know more about it???? ok. keep on smokin' it.

1. You were recruited by noone, if you were, you would know that every thing that I laid out is exactly the way it is. It was my job to know what an athlete could or couldn't do, in compliance with NCAA rules. You are worse than a loser your a liar, makeing yourself into something your not. And then berating really talented kids because of your jealousy. Because you couldn't make it on your own, now you stand behind the vail of your computer keyboard and create lies about kids, coaches and programs. You never lay out any facts, all you do is hate!! You are a sad excuse for a human being.....

1. You were recruited by noone, if you were, you would know that every thing that I laid out is exactly the way it is. It was my job to know what an athlete could or couldn't do, in compliance with NCAA rules. You are worse than a loser your a liar, makeing yourself into something your not. And then berating really talented kids because of your jealousy. Because you couldn't make it on your own, now you stand behind the vail of your computer keyboard and create lies about kids, coaches and programs. You never lay out any facts, all you do is hate!! You are a sad excuse for a human being.....

nice grammar. it looks like a 5 yr old wrote your post. no facts?????? i said everything you said was false and that i went through the process as a player. those are facts. now, all of a sudden, it was your job to monitor recruiting. why wasn't that in your first post???? because you a liar, that's why. did you just remember that was your job????? keep up the lies and BS. i lived it, you didn't. case closed. were you a brain surgeon too???? might as well make the lies more impressive.

Look you moron in my first post I said I used to be a coach, you can't read. You are a LIAR, you may impress your friens with your lies, but I read you like a bad novel. You are a frustrated wanna be jock who couldn't make anything of yourself, so you trash everyone else for your own short comeings. There are lots of you guys out there like you, your frustrated and hatefull and hate to see anyone get ahead because you couldn't. CS will be laughing at you all the way to his 200k scholarship, and you still will be here hideing behind your keyboard writing hate. See you at the game tomorrow., I'll be the one with a big smile on my face watching you eat your words.

Look you moron in my first post I said I used to be a coach, you can't read. You are a LIAR, you may impress your friens with your lies, but I read you like a bad novel. You are a frustrated wanna be jock who couldn't make anything of yourself, so you trash everyone else for your own short comeings. There are lots of you guys out there like you, your frustrated and hatefull and hate to see anyone get ahead because you couldn't. CS will be laughing at you all the way to his 200k scholarship, and you still will be here hideing behind your keyboard writing hate. See you at the game tomorrow., I'll be the one with a big smile on my face watching you eat your words.

seriously, you need to take a 1st grade spelling course, coach. how could you coach at a school when you can't spell at a 1st grade level. oh, that's right, you're a liar.

you'll be the one at the game asking people to read the scoreboard to you. make sure CS doesn't get tossed cause he can't handle a minor incident during the game. sounds real mentally and physically tough.

another great performance today, this kid is lucky to play D3. he does not have one ounce of talent. if you don't see that, you are insane.

the silence is deafening. i think reality is starting to set in with the insane crowed. its' undeniable at this point.

Guest Alumni

Looks like everyone is now admitting that this kid made the biggest mistake of his life so far in transferring to Seton Crap Central! What a joke of a program and coaching. Story needs to go back to youth football. Theres no fault in admitting thats the best level he can coach.

Looks like everyone is now admitting that this kid made the biggest mistake of his life so far in transferring to Seton Crap Central! What a joke of a program and coaching. Story needs to go back to youth football. Theres no fault in admitting thats the best level he can coach.

he's no better than the rest of the team.

another great performance today, this kid is lucky to play D3. he does not have one ounce of talent. if you don't see that, you are insane.

He would start at QB for SUNY Cortland.

Guest bear4life

note to caleb scepaniak...go back to vestal, assuming you can work it out with tank... if you had played for vestal this year, they probably would have held on against ithaca, and been even more competitive against bingo (only lost 18-6)... the seton football team will drag you down, you have too much at stake to rely on a loser program like that... and tank, keep the door open for him, he can give you 2 or 3 wins a year, don't turn your back on him

note to caleb scepaniak...go back to vestal, assuming you can work it out with tank... if you had played for vestal this year, they probably would have held on against ithaca, and been even more competitive against bingo (only lost 18-6)... the seton football team will drag you down, you have too much at stake to rely on a loser program like that... and tank, keep the door open for him, he can give you 2 or 3 wins a year, don't turn your back on him

I agree, as long as his academics are where they need to be ... otherwise, he should stay at SCC... his grades are important.

Guest Alumni

Go back to Vestal? If this kid can throw the ball like everyone says, go to BIngo or somewhere else that has an offense that can feature his arm! Tank is as bad as Story.

Yes Yes the coach is at fault...Hoover lost 34-0 last year, Hogan from CF lost 21-0 to Green now Story losses big to Forks and lets get rid of him. If you could you would but truth is he does more for his players than any 2 coaches so he has more behind him supporting than you can count. Ricky will never start Richard and Caleb couldnt be happier at SCC throwing the ball 30 times a game getting 20 letters aday from colleges. so piss off!!! Is Story best coach in area NO is he terrible NO! O btw was Forks a division game?? NOPE hahahaha then they are perfect in their class so heeeeehjeeeeeheeeeha!!! MEATSIZE!!!!!!

Archived