2011 STAC Boys Soccer

DarkManX14

Guest staf ref

I Honestly cant see Vestal, ME or Lancing (Im assuming they will get there) losing.

However I could see a "upset" in class B with SV over Oneonta. SV looked extremely impressive in their win over Trumensburg and they played Oneonta very close the first time around and they were playing with out a few starters. With SV at full strength and playing at top form i can see it happening.

Me I can see losing if they loose there cool, Lansing amd Vestal losing would be a huge upset. The best game of the day I think will be the SV and Oneonta game. They played to a 3-1 game last time with the 3rd Oneonta goal coming with just a few seconds left in the game. I am not sure who at SV will step up but it needs to be someone other than Rood. Oneonta will be all over him and and I expect goals will need to come from other players to win. Oneonta lost to Ithaca and even the coach from Oneonta stated they could not handle a physical game. Sv will need to play a very physical game and put alot of pressure on Oneonta all game long to win.

Good luck to all the teams

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me I can see losing if they loose there cool, Lansing amd Vestal losing would be a huge upset. The best game of the day I think will be the SV and Oneonta game. They played to a 3-1 game last time with the 3rd Oneonta goal coming with just a few seconds left in the game. I am not sure who at SV will step up but it needs to be someone other than Rood. Oneonta will be all over him and and I expect goals will need to come from other players to win. Oneonta lost to Ithaca and even the coach from Oneonta stated they could not handle a physical game. Sv will need to play a very physical game and put alot of pressure on Oneonta all game long to win.

Good luck to all the teams

Very true about ME, JC can take them out of the game early if they can frustrate them, but ME should be able to easily win if they stay their game. I agree if SV plays their style where Rood is there whole game plan its going to be very difficult to win. However in there game against Trumensburg they showed how many different ways they can score on you with only 1 of the 4 goals coming from Rood. Either way should be like you said the be the best game of the day.

Very true about ME, JC can take them out of the game early if they can frustrate them, but ME should be able to easily win if they stay their game. I agree if SV plays their style where Rood is there whole game plan its going to be very difficult to win. However in there game against Trumensburg they showed how many different ways they can score on you with only 1 of the 4 goals coming from Rood. Either way should be like you said the be the best game of the day.

Interesting that the scoring from SV comes from Senior strikers to Freshman defenders. They have a Freshman defender that is one of the best in the STAC. I went to see them play Trumansburg and I was impressed with the defense. Not sure who the kid is but he seemed very relaxed and sure of himself. The strikers they have were very active against Tburg and made very good runs away from the ball. If I am able I may make the trip to Oneonta to see the games. Does anyone have the times each division will play?

Interesting that the scoring from SV comes from Senior strikers to Freshman defenders. They have a Freshman defender that is one of the best in the STAC. I went to see them play Trumansburg and I was impressed with the defense. Not sure who the kid is but he seemed very relaxed and sure of himself. The strikers they have were very active against Tburg and made very good runs away from the ball. If I am able I may make the trip to Oneonta to see the games. Does anyone have the times each division will play?

The freshman defender may be one of the best FRESHMAN in STAC, but he's certainly no where near one of the best DEFENDERS in STAC. If you really believe this, you need to go watch the Metro/West play.

The freshman defender may be one of the best FRESHMAN in STAC, but he's certainly no where near one of the best DEFENDERS in STAC. If you really believe this, you need to go watch the Metro/West play.

I think the person said "one" of the best defenders in STAC. Also of the defenders in the STAC how many are starting Freshman that lead a team to the sectional finals and other than vestal give up less than a goal a game? Look at the STAC showcase see the scores.

Guest soccerfan2

Umm pretty sure ME is ranked number 6th in the state, so that seems like a state tournament quality team to me...especially is you saw their last game against vestal

Don't be drinking bathwater. Think Vestal should have had 3-4 goals! Refs helped out a bit. Vestal did dominate. Also, think they won by 5 or 6 the 1st time.

Don't be drinking bathwater. Think Vestal should have had 3-4 goals! Refs helped out a bit. Vestal did dominate. Also, think they won by 5 or 6 the 1st time.

Vestal won 6-0 the first time but the second time they came put cocky and were very surprised by ME... the played against a much different fighting team in ME the second time and after Ecunomo went out with an injury the game was extremely even... Got billed as probably the best game of the year

Vestal won 6-0 the first time but the second time they came put cocky and were very surprised by ME... the played against a much different fighting team in ME the second time and after Ecunomo went out with an injury the game was extremely even... Got billed as probably the best game of the year

Got billed by who? The ME fans on the Voice? one person came on here and said that, it wasn't some huge talk of the local community. Best game I saw myself was the Vestal Ithaca STAC final, after that I think the Owego SV game at SV was great, also thought that the Seton Oneonta game at Seton, the second UE ME match was great. I felt the Vestal ME game was good, but ME was not playing great soccer they hustled but lots of physical play much bordering on dirty. I thought they played better vs UE and showed what they can do if they just try to play

I think the person said "one" of the best defenders in STAC. Also of the defenders in the STAC how many are starting Freshman that lead a team to the sectional finals and other than vestal give up less than a goal a game? Look at the STAC showcase see the scores.

Again, who did they play? There are NO easy games in STAC Metro/West. No disrespect to SV, but they play Norwich, Windsor, Forks, and Valley. Also, JC and Owego are decent teams, but they are no where near as dangerous attacking as teams like Vestal, Ithaca, UE, ME, or Horseheads and are probably on the same page as teams like Elmira, Corning, and Binghamton.

As I said, the kid is a decent defender, but no where near one of the best in STAC.

If UE can start off well from the whistle, I might take that game over the rest. The lack some consistency though, can beat Ithaca, but not ME?

UE beat Ithaca in one of three outings with them. Tied and lost the others. ME was just too fast for them. Neither ME nor Ithaca compare to Vestal and for UE to beat Vestal it will take Vestal having their worst game ever. And even then Vestal probably wins.

Guest soccerfan2

Billed best game of the year, don't think so maybe from an ME perspective. Vestal was not cocky at all best I could tell and had real changes to score goals the entire match. When Economou left game he was fine I am sure except why put him in when the game meant nothing. A couple of Vestal players went by with ease many ME defenders and in fact if not for a bogus offsides call Vestal would have had another goal. Saying Vestal was cocky is funny as they logged another shutout. The only thing ME was playing for was one goal to win. That is funny because great teams enter matches to win. Yes ME had a couple of changes but Vestal was far from cocky. Yes ME played better...not hard to do especially considering they "gave up" after the 2nd goal when they played at Vestal. Guess they fight sometimes.

Guest soccerfan2

Billed best game of the year, don't think so maybe from an ME perspective. Vestal was not cocky at all best I could tell and had real chances to score goals the entire match. When Economou left game he was fine I am sure except why put him in when the game meant nothing. A couple of Vestal players went by with ease many ME defenders and in fact if not for a bogus offsides call Vestal would have had another goal. Saying Vestal was cocky is funny as they logged another shutout. The only thing ME was playing for was one goal to win. That is funny because great teams enter matches to win. Yes ME had a couple of chances but Vestal was far from cocky. Yes ME played better...not hard to do especially considering they "gave up" after the 2nd goal when they played at Vestal. Guess they fight sometimes.

UE beat Ithaca in one of three outings with them. Tied and lost the others. ME was just too fast for them. Neither ME nor Ithaca compare to Vestal and for UE to beat Vestal it will take Vestal having their worst game ever. And even then Vestal probably wins.

Everyone knows UE's gonna need some luck, Although they lost the first time against Ithaca, tied second and won third, seems like they could be on the upswing if they all click, and they'll need Vestal to self destruct....which is no easy issue to force

Guest soccerfan2

Everyone knows UE's gonna need some luck, Although they lost the first time against Ithaca, tied second and won third, seems like they could be on the upswing if they all click, and they'll need Vestal to self destruct....which is no easy issue to force

Agree with this post except that Ithaca did sustain a number of injuries which I am sure impacted them.

Agree with this post except that Ithaca did sustain a number of injuries which I am sure impacted them.

Not sure who was injured but UE held their own and then some against bigger, faster players.

Vestal won't self destruct. It's just too much for UE to hope for. And UE won't click, at least not well enough to overcome Vestal. It would be great to see UE win, but they'll probably have to wait another year

UE has a solid keeper, a respectable defense, demichel mastronardi and mcgraw in the midfield, and kilmarx up top.

Vestal has 8 starting travel players, and has been scored on once this year. I think we can all gree that they have an amount of quality that is very rare in high school soccer.

Tall order for the UE boys, but maybe theyll get lucky. if kilmarx can score one early and the defense holds up, it might be interesting to watch Vestal start bickering; they haven't been LOSING a game since last year. wish I could watch, report the scores quickly please and goo luck to both teams!

UE has a solid keeper, a respectable defense, demichel mastronardi and mcgraw in the midfield, and kilmarx up top.

Vestal has 8 starting travel players, and has been scored on once this year. I think we can all gree that they have an amount of quality that is very rare in high school soccer.

Tall order for the UE boys, but maybe theyll get lucky. if kilmarx can score one early and the defense holds up, it might be interesting to watch Vestal start bickering; they haven't been LOSING a game since last year. wish I could watch, report the scores quickly please and goo luck to both teams!

This is all true except for the UE has a solid keeper! he isn't good at all and is by far a huge down spot for the UE team. He is doesnt know the game and lets in extremely soft goals. If they had a solid keeper they would be a much more dangerous team

This is all true except for the UE has a solid keeper! he isn't good at all and is by far a huge down spot for the UE team. He is doesnt know the game and lets in extremely soft goals. If they had a solid keeper they would be a much more dangerous team

You know a team is weak in the keeper department when the keep switching between two… Vestal will win easily… UE couldn't take ME and Vestal took ME easily... My predictition... Vestal by 3

The UE boys mentioned haven't done much this year. UE hasn't done much scoring except against a couple of the easier teams. There's no one on UE's defense who can begin to contain Mack F and the Vestal offense. UE's keeper is fair, definitely not solid. Once Vestal scores, UE will completely fall apart.

The UE boys mentioned haven't done much this year. UE hasn't done much scoring except against a couple of the easier teams. There's no one on UE's defense who can begin to contain Mack F and the Vestal offense. UE's keeper is fair, definitely not solid. Once Vestal scores, UE will completely fall apart.

Thanks Penny/Connie.

You know a team is weak in the keeper department when the keep switching between two… Vestal will win easily… UE couldn't take ME and Vestal took ME easily... My predictition... Vestal by 3

They have one main goalie, the other kid only goes in when the games are out of reach. Barton is UEs main goalie. Not on calveys level, but certainly better than the other goalies in metro

Archived