Best UFC Soccer players

Guest college scout

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest

The topic is labeled "Best UFC Soccer players". I find it interesting that whoever started the post would even care. It is a team sport that requires a tremendous amount of trust and support. Are their stronger players than others, well of course there are. But that is really not the point of the original poster.  

Would this thread have received the same attention if it was labeled "Best GBSA Soccer Players". Most likely not, for the teams are too young to really care. A strong U09 may be mediocre at U14.  Some of that is due to other factors like burnout, too much pressure, etc.

I really don't care if players were from Fusion or otherwise.  Let the programs be and support your coach.  In the end, playing soccer WHEREVER is better than being stupid doing something that harms their body.  

Players will come and go, but to reduce the number of Clubs in this small community will only help to strengthen soccer here. Let the kids be kids and parents just enjoy the time and don't get involved with these naysayers.

Guest Guest

Reducing the number of club teams will not strengthen the soccer here. They are still being coached by parents. The club teams were fine. The issue has always been the premier teams. The quality premier coaches just aren't here to train the teams.

Guest Guest

Reducing the number of club teams will not strengthen the soccer here. They are still being coached by parents. The club teams were fine. The issue has always been the premier teams. The quality premier coaches just aren't here to train the teams.

I agree, the concept that the premier and club teams could support one another just couldnt pan out. Most of the premier players have no interest in playing with the club teams and after about U13 the club team players just arent strong enough to be called upon to help the premier teams. Therefore the club teams were fine like they were. As for quality coaches I think there are a number of them here. Its just a shame in my opinion that some of the best coaches in the area are coaching club level players at GBSA, UFC also has a couple very good coaches if they were all at the same club they could actually build a decent premier program. Maybe not a region 1 powerhouse but better than GBSA or UFC will be trying to support two clubs in an area already challenged for numbers. I have to feel GBSA will never be a premier program they seem to content running around playing rec level indoor tournaments and their better players will just end up scattered around when they realize they want something more challenging and UFC who knows what will happen there. When the current Fusion players are gone can this area really support two clubs? I would bet three years from now there will be no more premier soccer in the area worth a DELETED

Guest Guest

The U17B boys did not win the Jefferson Cup, they won their flight. There were no playoffs or championship games. It was point based and they were in 12th place overall. That is not winning the Jefferson Cup.

Can you not read? The post said won their flight. If you knew anything about premier soccer this is quite an accomplishment. But then again GBSA U10s won a small sided tournament in Albany WOW BFD

Guest Guest

Can you not read? The post said won their flight. If you knew anything about premier soccer this is quite an accomplishment. But then again GBSA U10s won a small sided tournament in Albany WOW BFD

I'm a little concerned about your infatuation with u10 boys.

Guest Guest

Winning a flight is not a major accomplishment, maybe to the parents, but it is not a BFD.

Guest Guest

I agree, the concept that the premier and club teams could support one another just couldnt pan out. Most of the premier players have no interest in playing with the club teams and after about U13 the club team players just arent strong enough to be called upon to help the premier teams. Therefore the club teams were fine like they were. As for quality coaches I think there are a number of them here. Its just a shame in my opinion that some of the best coaches in the area are coaching club level players at GBSA, UFC also has a couple very good coaches if they were all at the same club they could actually build a decent premier program. Maybe not a region 1 powerhouse but better than GBSA or UFC will be trying to support two clubs in an area already challenged for numbers. I have to feel GBSA will never be a premier program they seem to content running around playing rec level indoor tournaments and their better players will just end up scattered around when they realize they want something more challenging and UFC who knows what will happen there. When the current Fusion players are gone can this area really support two clubs? I would bet three years from now there will be no more premier soccer in the area worth a DELETED

Agreed, but with Riley at GBSC, a premier side may stay alive longer, but UFC effectively destroyed the boys premier side--which is what Cook wanted to do.

Guest Guest

Agreed, but with Riley at GBSC, a premier side may stay alive longer, but UFC effectively destroyed the boys premier side--which is what Cook wanted to do.

Why arent the younger GBSA teams entered in state cup? They are "selects" this would be a great opportunity to move forward towards being accepted as something other than just another good club team?

Guest Guest

Why arent the younger GBSA teams entered in state cup? They are "selects" this would be a great opportunity to move forward towards being accepted as something other than just another good club team?

Why are you so concerned with what these little kids do? For some reason I think you need to be on some pedophile watch list.

Guest Guest

Why are you so concerned with what these little kids do? For some reason I think you need to be on some pedophile watch list.

Usually guilt lies in the hands of the accuser

Guest Guest

Usually guilt lies in the hands of the accuser

Not the person to whom you are responding, but, congrats on the witty retort.

Have fun running down all of those 7,8, 9 and 10 year olds. What do you do for an encore, start bitching about the u8's or Micro Touch kids?

Guest Guest

Because State Cup starts at the u12 level, genius.

Guest Guest

I must say that I'm stunned that the UFC U16 girls won the FC Europa Tournament. Great job.

Thanks Pat or Scott, not sure which of you two wants to keep the focus on your kids teams but it still means nothing. They won the same worthless tourney last year as u15G and guess what they went 0-3-0 at State Cup. When you produce a result at State Cup come back and talk, the FC Europa Turf Cup is a joke of a championship it means nothing.

• 1 year later...
Guest soccer1

I see that GBSA is 17-2-2 in the throughway league thus far with their teams. Its nice to see Binghamton teams do so well in New York West.

Guest Guest

I see that GBSA is 17-2-2 in the throughway league thus far with their teams. Its nice to see Binghamton teams do so well in New York West.

Good for them. A good amount of talent there.The younger boys team (u10) seems to be in disarray though. Losing a couple of their best players to Syracuse. From what I hear, they were promised that Chris Riley would be their coach in the beginning, but they have gone through multiple coaches. So, the future for GBSA, or GBFC, or whatever they are calling themselves today, may not be so bright for the younger boys.

Guest Disappointed

Good for them. A good amount of talent there.The younger boys team (u10) seems to be in disarray though. Losing a couple of their best players to Syracuse. From what I hear, they were promised that Chris Riley would be their coach in the beginning, but they have gone through multiple coaches. So, the future for GBSA, or GBFC, or whatever they are calling themselves today, may not be so bright for the younger boys.

That is right in line with the kashou/Riley way of business, bait and switch! a coach should have no more than 2 teams. I certainly would not want kashou to coach my boys, I have seen what he has taught his girls and it is not clean soccer.

Guest Guest

That is right in line with the kashou/Riley way of business, bait and switch! a coach should have no more than 2 teams. I certainly would not want kashou to coach my boys, I have seen what he has taught his girls and it is not clean soccer.

The U10 Selects have some weird old dude coaching them right now.

Guest Guest

Sucks to be them. Now the Riley coached girls run circles around them. Hahaha. Poor kids.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived