Trent Patterson-Biggest Loser

Guest Biggestloserfan

This will be the last post on this topic for me because i do not want to sit here and debate this with someone who is either a closed minded shallow individual or a troll...either way you are a sad excuse for a person. But i do want to give you somethings to think about further. first it is not bs about metabolism. lets say you and i eat the same meal and the same amount of the meal. now we do the same workout, do you honetsly think that we will burn the same amount of calories in the same time? And one more thing to think about, since you seem to be so knowledgable on this topic, can you explain to me the basics of reading a food label and can you tell me how carbs affect your weight? remember even going to the grocery store and getting healthy foods still does not help unless you have the knowledge of what type of food breaks down and what it does to your body, that is the basic knowledge that people need to effectively lose weight. Again i do hope that you refrain from being jerk and if you are such a perfect person and work hard to lose weight or mainitain a healthy lifestyle, perhaps you should try to inspire others. maybe have your own tv show....but we already know that you are already the bigest loser.

all BS exceuses for Fat DELETED.

Metabolism could account for the difference in a few pounds here and there, but not for the grossly, disgustingly overweight. Those people got that way for 2 simple reasons

1- the ate too many calories

2- they didn't burn enough.

simple, common sense. nothing inspiring about it. just don't eat like a fat slob, and get off your tush and exercise.

Instead, we have to hear about metabolisms, and lack of knowledge and emotional eating and all the other crap excuses we make so we can preserve some fat pigs self esteem.

My 1st grader knows about healthy choices for God's sake.

If you are FAT, it is YOUR fault, and you are a burden on society

I say tax fatty's favorite food like Ring Dings and McDonalds like we do cigarettes, and generate a steady tax revenue while 50% of the gross slobs in the country gorge themselves.

their should also be an obesity tax- if your BMI is too high, you should have to pay for it.

and make these irresponsible pigs buy two seats at the movies and on planes so their cheese doodle/ Mt Dew fatnesss isn't interfering in my personal space when I have to sit next to them.

a little financial incentive to take care of themselves

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pack a lunch...a cooler costs 5 bucks

I ain't buying that metabolism Bs either. i bust my DELETED to be fit....neither of my parents are, both are type 2 diabetics actually.

If you are fat it is your fault- no excuses- do something about it.

Fat people would rather have people make excuses for them- metabolism, society of convenience, my coach made me fat, blah blah blah no such thing as being fat by some one elses doing

It's all mental toughness, discipline and hard work

Its funny you use the mental toughness card DR Fat. My exwife has bipolar disorder, When we first met she was so skinny we used to joke that if we ever locked ourselvs out of the house that we could just slide her under the door. Four years later because of the meds sehs now 75lbs over weight. My friends mother, skinny as a rail till her 30s thyroid problems, now 100lbs over weight, and I could go on, so while your sitting there talkin smack try to remember.........oh never mind your a trash talking simp why bother.

Its funny you use the mental toughness card DR Fat. My exwife has bipolar disorder, When we first met she was so skinny we used to joke that if we ever locked ourselvs out of the house that we could just slide her under the door. Four years later because of the meds sehs now 75lbs over weight. My friends mother, skinny as a rail till her 30s thyroid problems, now 100lbs over weight, and I could go on, so while your sitting there talkin smack try to remember.........oh never mind your a trash talking simp why bother.

don't waste your time replying to the moron/troll. you know he is a trouble maker, why else would his name be "the biggestlosersucks? he obviously does not get it. He is one of those people who thinks that if he can do something, then everyone can. its a one size fits all mentality. he is too stupid to comprehend the simple idea that people are different and have different reasons why they are over weight. he doesn't think that the media, and businesses are partially responsible for the obesity crisis in this country. in his feeble mind it is only the persons fault and a tv show that presents the topic and makes people aware of the dangers in the food they eat is a bad idea. I recomend that he write his own book, but based on his intelligence level, it would only be pictures and would only be 2 pages long.

don't waste your time replying to the moron/troll. you know he is a trouble maker, why else would his name be "the biggestlosersucks? he obviously does not get it. He is one of those people who thinks that if he can do something, then everyone can. its a one size fits all mentality. he is too stupid to comprehend the simple idea that people are different and have different reasons why they are over weight. he doesn't think that the media, and businesses are partially responsible for the obesity crisis in this country. in his feeble mind it is only the persons fault and a tv show that presents the topic and makes people aware of the dangers in the food they eat is a bad idea. I recomend that he write his own book, but based on his intelligence level, it would only be pictures and would only be 2 pages long.

people are different, sure, but the reasons for being overweight are not. too many caloires and not enough exercise.

the only excuse for being more than 20 or so lbs overweight are if you have some type of dehabiliting injury that prevents you from exercise

businesses- LMFAO- the reason they can peddle their wares is because fat slobs are lining up around the corner to buy it

Lets start taxing it, so people like me who lead a healthy lifestyle don't have to endure the financial hardhip created by the undisciplined, fat pigs of our world.

OMG, your post is a mess.

first of all- bipolar disorder doesn't exist. just another BS creation of our society to put a label on people and give them excuse for being failures. anyone who allows themseleves to be medicated like that deserves to be fat

second of all- thyroid problems are the most overused excuse by fat slobs ever. less then .001% of the people in the country have a genuine, bonafide issue with their thyroid that causes weight gain. But it's everyone's excuse. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that you ate fast food 10 times last week...oh, yeah, it's my thyroid.........

too funny

first of all- bipolar disorder doesn't exist. just another BS creation of our society to put a label on people and give them excuse for being failures. anyone who allows themseleves to be medicated like that deserves to be fat

second of all- thyroid problems are the most overused excuse by fat slobs ever. less then .001% of the people in the country have a genuine, bonafide issue with their thyroid that causes weight gain. But it's everyone's excuse. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that you ate fast food 10 times last week...oh, yeah, it's my thyroid.........

too funny

Please enlighten us, where did you get your medical degree?

too funny

yes you are right...it is too funny. what are your medical credentials? obviously you must be a doctor to really know your facts. Again let me set you straight.

"obesity is a complex, multifactorial chronic disease that develops from an interaction of genotype and the environment. Our understanding of how and why obseity develops is incomplete, but involves the intergration of social, behaivoral, cultural, physiological, metabolic and genetic factors" (source: "the practical guide: indentifcation, evaluation and treatment of obesity in adults." US dept of health and human services)

So unless you know more than the dept of health, you are oversimplifing this. I said earlier that business were partially to blame and this is the reason why. when you go to a restuarant (not a fast food, but a regualr sit down restaurant) take the time to request a nutritional guide. some of the larger chains have them available on request. obviously if you go to a local restaurant, your chances of finding them are slim to none. without that nutritional guide, you have no idea how many calories you are eating, and unless you know how to read the guide, it may not help you at all. portions are too large at some of these places and the ingredients may not agree with your diets. Add this to the countless marketing ploys and offers to get you into the place (olive garden never ending pasta bowls?) and you are fighting a losing battle with the companies. Sure ultimately it resides with the choices that we make and the amount that we eat. but unless we have all the information, we can not make good decisions. Take a few minutes to review this website and it will answer your questions and shed some light on your narrow view.

Causes of Obesity

Weight gain and obesity are caused by consuming more calories than the body needs – most commonly by eating a diet high in fat and calories, being sedentary or both. However, the imbalance between calories consumed and calories burned can also be caused by a number of different obesity-related factors, including genetic, hormonal, behavioral, environmental and even cultural. It is important to remember that obesity is not always simply a behavioral issue. In fact, endocrine researchers are on the forefront of medical research into the mechanisms of metabolism, appetite and satiety and their connection to obesity. For instance, genetic traits, the way a body expends energy (metabolism), hormones that affect the way calories are processed (hyperthyroidism), and other organ systems in the body can all affect appetite. Eating disorders, metabolic syndrome, behavioral issues and an individual’s environment and culture may also affect the development of obesity. For this reason physicians consider many factors when assessing obesity.

http://www.obesityinamerica.org/causes.html

I have to go be a real person now, but later I will post links to research that debunks or challenges what the DOH says

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

i can't wait to see the "proof" that you have that states that weight loss or weight gain has nothing to do with genetic makeup, medical history, psychological history and socialogical factors. I would love to see that website that debunks not only the US Dept of Health but also all medical and helath professsionals worldwide. I can't wait to see it.

Hey gang. I've asked this character on another thread to please tone it down and discuss this in a rational way, because he's ranting. If he doesn't abide by this, my suggestion is, we all ignore him, because he brings nothing to the table. Just completely ignore him. Besides, I'm intimidated by his "stellar" wit! Gotta go fold laundry, I'll be back!

Hey gang. I've asked this character on another thread to please tone it down and discuss this in a rational way, because he's ranting. If he doesn't abide by this, my suggestion is, we all ignore him, because he brings nothing to the table. Just completely ignore him. Besides, I'm intimidated by his "stellar" wit! Gotta go fold laundry, I'll be back!

agreed. his stellar wit scares the @#$@ out of me.... :lol: and i am a little shocked that you havent trained the pugs to fold the laundry for you. not that would be stellar ;)

i agree with everything the OP is saying, although I'd use less colorful language.

While all the things that are being mentioned may contribute to being overweight, the manin thing is diet and exercise. Which is exactly what the Dept of Health is saying, btw..

It's easy to cheerypick one sentence out of a report and say - "see, there are other factors', while ignoring that the entire scope of the research focuses on poor nutrition and lack of exercise as the overrriding main ones.

People CAN control their weight, and being fat IS a choice, and I have no objection to taxing people for ignoring simple common sense

i agree with everything the OP is saying, although I'd use less colorful language.

While all the things that are being mentioned may contribute to being overweight, the manin thing is diet and exercise. Which is exactly what the Dept of Health is saying, btw..

It's easy to cheerypick one sentence out of a report and say - "see, there are other factors', while ignoring that the entire scope of the research focuses on poor nutrition and lack of exercise as the overrriding main ones.

People CAN control their weight, and being fat IS a choice, and I have no objection to taxing people for ignoring simple common sense

see no one is arguing the fact that it is a choice of the individual, but if you take the time to read some of the other posts and facts that were brought out, it is not always cut and dry. The DOH is saying that other factors are involved. and my main point is that without dietary education, you can not do an effective job of dieting or living a healthy lifestyle. please take the time to look over the link i posted and reveiw it. I just object to the narrow point of view that the op has when he says it is simple as eating right and working out. That is the objective but often other factors prohibit that.

see no one is arguing the fact that it is a choice of the individual, but if you take the time to read some of the other posts and facts that were brought out, it is not always cut and dry. The DOH is saying that other factors are involved. and my main point is that without dietary education, you can not do an effective job of dieting or living a healthy lifestyle. please take the time to look over the link i posted and reveiw it. I just object to the narrow point of view that the op has when he says it is simple as eating right and working out. That is the objective but often other factors prohibit that.

I've read the whole study...It's my job to know these things

The main factors, the ones that can be controlled, are diet and exercise. It really is that simple. I disagree with the OP that it should be common sense as to what to eat or not. People really do need dietary education. But I strongly disagree with you when you say other factors prohibit people from making better choices

I've read the whole study...It's my job to know these things

The main factors, the ones that can be controlled, are diet and exercise. It really is that simple. I disagree with the OP that it should be common sense as to what to eat or not. People really do need dietary education. But I strongly disagree with you when you say other factors prohibit people from making better choices

Well i am not here to change your mind, and i can agree to disagree with you. I just know from experience (i am in the health and fitness field) what i have seen. Thanks again for the civility and keep fighting the good fight

too funny

Doesnt exist. That right there shows your true ignorance. I was going to give this big responce to this rediclous post of yours but thinking over it for a minute Im going to follow the advice of my fellow bc voicers that have the courage to come on here to offer a real opinion without hiding behind a name as ignorant as the trash that youve come up with and ignore your dumb.............go ahead DELEATED

...It ain't that hard. Exercise and eat right...

Diet and exercise can help - I understand that.

...i hate when they are at the gym walking 3 mph on the treadmill that I want to get on, or sweating all over the machines...

Your posts are always slamming overweight people, because they are too lazy to exercise. Yet, you still hate them, even when they are taking pro-active measures to lose weight.

You are a raging hypocrite.

perfect

Yes, other factors can contribute to being overweight. But BY FAR the two that make the biggest difference are Diet and exercise. i could care less about people who are 5, 10, 15 lbs heavy. It's the slobs that offend me

Doesnt exist. That right there shows your true ignorance. I was going to give this big responce to this rediclous post of yours but thinking over it for a minute Im going to follow the advice of my fellow bc voicers that have the courage to come on here to offer a real opinion without hiding behind a name as ignorant as the trash that youve come up with and ignore your dumb.............go ahead DELEATED

It doesn't.

sorry to hurt your feelings.

Diet and exercise can help - I understand that.

Your posts are always slamming overweight people, because they are too lazy to exercise. Yet, you still hate them, even when they are taking pro-active measures to lose weight.

You are a raging hypocrite.

Thanks Virginia, this person is absurd and very rude. Myself, I don't consider overweight. I've gained a few pounds over the years...such is life!!! But this guy's rant is very offensive to so many people, and very hurtful as well. I wish he'd reconsider the damage he's doing to some of our friends here!

Our leader has spoken :lol:

It doesn't.

sorry to hurt your feelings.

No need for an apology. After 8 years of dealing with bi polar with my wife Ive learned to take everything in stride. You myfriend are an idiot. The tripe youve spilled out of your ignorant mouth just proves to everyone that you are an idiot thereby making your weak attempt at an apology just as idiotic as your posts and furthermore any time youd like to take a trip to Krembs 3 at BGH where Ive spent countless days and nights after suicide attemts, one while she was pregnant with my son ,Ill gladly give you a tour. Bi polar scytzo effective disorder has left me a single parent on my own since my son was 3 days old. Not to mention the thousands of dollars spent on doctors,lawyers and time at family court, lost jobs and opertunities. Your posts only go to prove that your an uneducated IDIOT.

No need for an apology. After 8 years of dealing with bi polar with my wife Ive learned to take everything in stride. You myfriend are an idiot. The tripe youve spilled out of your ignorant mouth just proves to everyone that you are an idiot thereby making your weak attempt at an apology just as idiotic as your posts and furthermore any time youd like to take a trip to Krembs 3 at BGH where Ive spent countless days and nights after suicide attemts, one while she was pregnant with my son ,Ill gladly give you a tour. Bi polar scytzo effective disorder has left me a single parent on my own since my son was 3 days old. Not to mention the thousands of dollars spent on doctors,lawyers and time at family court, lost jobs and opertunities. Your posts only go to prove that your an uneducated IDIOT.

I'm so sorry to hear of your difficulties. We all get dealt a"hand" of life's cards, and sometimes don't know what to draw. Unfortunately, you had to fold, like a lot of us do. Count your blessings...your little boy proudly hangs on his dad's shoulders. God bless you both!

Don't let the op get to you. he can not comprehend anything remotely logical. His own goal is to be rude and offend as many people as he can. If he were as intelligent as he claims, he could debate and offer reasonible responses, but we have seen his "intelligence" Stay strong my friend, you do have our prayers. don't let the op get under your skin and don't change anything. you seem like a great parent and that is something to be proud of.

Archived