Maine Endwell School Board

Guest Disgusted Taxpayer

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the beach at Cancun over the holiday break.

Complaining about how they have to pay for their own supplies, take work home with them, their students and how if we got this snow Friday morning they may have had a snow day and started holiday break a day early.

How do you enjoy this? Get ready they will not lay-off 40 positions. It will more like 10 or 15 then they will stick to the tax payer once again. Mark these words.

F. CREDIT FOR PRIOR TEACHING EXPERIENCE (HIRED AFTER SEPTEMBER 1,

2002)

New hires shall be compensated at five hundred dollars ($500) for each year of

prior teaching experience. In no event will a teacher be hired at a higher base

salary than that enjoyed by a teacher on staff with commensurate level of

educational preparation and years of full-time, continuous teaching experience

in the District.

Maine-Endwell Teachers’ Association Contract 2008-2013 Page 51

Retrenchment? Savings? One hundred fifty-nine and four-tenths??? They expect us to believe they're saving us money? Don't believe it! All they do is spend...spend...spend and you pay...pay...pay.

It time to rise up and slap the big kids hand. They are out of control. A runaway train. Don't be bullied out of your hard earned money. You spend wisely, they spend foolishly.

Potential Decisions with a $3,900,000 Deficit

• 44 positions @ $50,000= $2,200,000
  • Health insurance savings= $584,000
  • FICA savings= $168,300
  • Pension savings= $308,000

Total savings=$3,260,300

Other savings= $700,000

Total savings= $3,960,000

APPENDIX D – STATEMENT OF STABILIZATION

The Parties agree that:

1. The District will not take action to abolish positions that at the time of such

action would result in less than one hundred fifty-nine and four-tenths (159.4)

full-time equivalent teachers.

2. The District is not required to replace a teacher who leaves as a result of

resignation, retirement, 3020-a disciplinary proceeding, probation termination,

leave of absence, or death. Further, the District is not required to sustain a

teaching position as a result of reduction or retrenchment of program.

3. If as a result of the above, the District does not have an available position for a

teacher in either the teacher’s given tenure area and/or area of certification, the

District has the right to move a teacher to another tenure area and/or area of

certification or instructional or supervisory duty. The District, Association and

the teacher shall jointly apply, if necessary, to the Education Department for a

certificate of default. That teacher will be reassigned by the District to the first

opening that exists in the teacher’s tenure area and/or area of certification.

Maine-Endwell Teachers’ Association Contract 2008-2013 Page 59

Tear up the contract. Fire them all and hire new. This onward spiral of school pension, benefits, exorbitant salaries, taxes increases must end.

• They are largely left alone by our local media.
  • Voters in the district manipulated and controlled to their advantage by artful or indirect means.
  • If indeed they propose "savings" through 44 lay-offs. The Board and META will guilt the residents into thinking its entirely their decision.
  • ​They will blame the State of New York even though NYSUT owns 98% of Albany politicians.
  • They will hold students hostage through sports and the "Extra pay for extra work" budget items. Look at the contract they do nothing for free. Everything from SADD, Odyssey of the mind and Bible Club.(Yes it costing us $1600.52 for Bible Club. Want to bet that will be gone?)

​Some facts about NYSUT (New York State United Teachers and META)

• Membership 592,256 teachers.
  • Assets $114,433,495.00 (dues money, your tax dollars)
  • Employees 641(Employees Making more than $75,000: 363)
  • Total Spent in 2011: $241,269,931.00
  • Political Activities and Lobbying: $12,595,880.00
  • Representational: $87,025,687.00
  • Average Total Compensation: $94,044.15 (per employee of NYSUT)
  • Union president Richard Innuzzi compensation $363,114.00

Next time you hear "Albany" and "unfunded mandates" remember the obscene amount of cash they have spread around the capital. They finance many campaigns.

Are you paying your fare share?

The facts are there are too many school districts in this area and they need to be consolidated. CV and CF are looking into it. JC, ME and UE should look into it as well. What is more valuable to your children? The sports rivalries or their education? Laying off the teachers in the districts only hurts the kids.

Show me the financial study that PROVES it will save money.

Cut to the chase. Budget votes do not mean much, the will keep having votes until it passes. I believe they have three shots at it. Another strategy is to cut football & other sports, music, clubs, etc. to shame the voters into approving a proposed budget. Everyone connected with a school district gets the vote out. Eligibility to vote begins at 18, so some students may vote also*. The general population is not organized, buy time on radio and tv like support groups, or have teary eyed children in the news. Places to vote often change if a person missed a mailing, they will have to run around after work searching or get on a computer, if you are infirm the best option is an absentee ballot. You just can't walk down the hall to vote or have a reserved parking place. There are never enough handicap spots. I have never had to prove registration (if anyone has, please post on the bb) for a school district vote. If I was dishonest I could go from school to school in my district and vote several times. If they do start checking residency, I will get an absentee ballot, just fill out the form, again, I have never heard of anyone checking status.After I die a friend or relative can vote for me for four years. What the hell, the government will tax me after I am dead. Maybe should get a video camera and do it, blur out my face and post it on YouTube. The biggest crime they would come after me for is exposing voter fraud; wonder If the could come after me if I did not mark the ballot and technically did not vote? Lets face it, I am honest and could not do it, but blowing off some steam helps accept this crap and not stroke out.

* http://www.me.stier.org/budget-information/budget-vote-details

Cut to the chase. Budget votes do not mean much, the will keep having votes until it passes. I believe they have three shots at it. Another strategy is to cut football & other sports, music, clubs, etc. to shame the voters into approving a proposed budget. Everyone connected with a school district gets the vote out. Eligibility to vote begins at 18, so some students may vote also*. The general population is not organized, buy time on radio and tv like support groups, or have teary eyed children in the news. Places to vote often change if a person missed a mailing, they will have to run around after work searching or get on a computer, if you are infirm the best option is an absentee ballot. You just can't walk down the hall to vote or have a reserved parking place. There are never enough handicap spots. I have never had to prove registration (if anyone has, please post on the bb) for a school district vote. If I was dishonest I could go from school to school in my district and vote several times. If they do start checking residency, I will get an absentee ballot, just fill out the form, again, I have never heard of anyone checking status.After I die a friend or relative can vote for me for four years. What the hell, the government will tax me after I am dead. Maybe should get a video camera and do it, blur out my face and post it on YouTube. The biggest crime they would come after me for is exposing voter fraud; wonder If the could come after me if I did not mark the ballot and technically did not vote? Lets face it, I am honest and could not do it, but blowing off some steam helps accept this crap and not stroke out.

* http://www.me.stier.org/budget-information/budget-vote-details

Some good points. Voter fraud can be a 2 way street. I'll vote at each school and send in an absentee ballot voting NO!

Here's a recent article on Watervliet School District. They have a $23.1 Million budget. 10,000 people live in the district. That's $2,310 per person (if they all paid school taxes). There are 1,400 students in the district. That's $16,500 per student.

And they are facing a budget crunch. Kind of defies common sense

http://www.timesunio...eft-4095002.php

Some good points. Voter fraud can be a 2 way street. I'll vote at each school and send in an absentee ballot voting NO!

We both know it would not make a difference. The only thing that will is time, organization and funding. Three things the working class has very little of. The unions have dues money, full time people on the state level, and at times public relations contractors. The school has free child actors to put on news casts and valuable free air time for the news story. News rooms love a prepackaged story, they are so short staffed they will read almost anything from a press release. No politician in their right mind will support the tax payers when it comes to school budgets. The only local politicians outside of a school board that affect a school budget is in a city school district. State and federal legislatures, and governors hand out money on those levels. That is where the rest of the money comes from for capital school projects that "the taxpayers only have to fund 20% of the cost on, and this could be bonded, taxes won't go up". A lot of high quality pools, football fields, tracks and field lighting systems are voted on and approved because the taxpayers think that someone else is footing the majority of the cost. This is nothing more than a monetary shell game. The average taxpayer forgets that they only have one wallet, and all taxes come out of it. The someone else paying for the major portion of your capital project is across the state or country somewhere, and your hauling the freight for their project. Who wins at this? The elected representative does, because he did a great job bringing home the pork, he is reelected. The actual result of the shell game is that the hidden pea under one of the shells was yours to begin with. You are actually paying the whole bill for the project. Bernard Madoff ran the same type of Ponzi racket and landed in jail.

I don't blame them however, if they were doing a bad job, we tax payers would boot them out, wouldn't we? After all, we got a free lunch!

"We have met the enemy and he is us." :o

Pogo Possum

Odds are taxes will go way up at M-E to keep the gravy train going. All the non-taxpayers will vote for it and that's always the block that passes the garnishment of personal assets.

Odds are taxes will go way up at M-E to keep the gravy train going. All the non-taxpayers will vote for it and that's always the block that passes the garnishment of personal assets.

LMAO!

LMAO!

It's great. How's the snow up there?

Great!! Perfect amount! Too bad you missed a snow day out of it because of when it fell. So now you and the rest can whine about on Facebook

Here's a recent article on Watervliet School District. They have a $23.1 Million budget. 10,000 people live in the district. That's $2,310 per person (if they all paid school taxes). There are 1,400 students in the district. That's $16,500 per student.

And they are facing a budget crunch. Kind of defies common sense

http://www.timesunio...eft-4095002.php

This is a must read. http://www.timesunio...eft-4095002.php It demonstrates how things are so screwed up. strings on state and federal money. Set aside what side of the discussion you are on. Dispassionately think money and priority. Then try and figure out who has control.

This is essentially page two of the Watervliet School District story. The entire story takes only a minute or two and puts it in context:

"In the spring, heavy equipment will roll in to the district as part of a $20 million capital improvement project. Workers will replace 50-year-old windows in the historic part of the junior and senior high school and rip up its asbestos floors. Next to the gleaming new tennis courts, which no longer have a team to play on them after the district cut it last year, the workers will install a new track and football field.

Caplan does not want them to do this. She wants to use the money to save teaching jobs, but the money is earmarked for capital improvements by state law and cannot be touched for any other purpose. She said that inflexibility is indicative of flawed state rules that weigh down school districts. Caplan has grown weary of advocacy and demonstrations for funding at the Capitol. She said nothing will help schools — other than a dramatic funding increase she knows is not coming — more than true mandate relief, which can be a heavy political lift...........So, with the possibility that the school won't have a team to run on it, Watervliet's new track will be in pristine shape for years to come."

Archived