Newtown, Ct., NRA Now Has a Real Problem

Guest Guest

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm no expert but let me offer some observations that reduce credibility of this video.

First of all, carrying concealed under a T-shirt automatically causes problems trying to draw the weapon. I don't think most concealed carry experts would recommend that for quick response protection.

Secondly, the gunman entering the classroom shoots the instructor first and then immediately starts shooting the gun carrying audience member first. How would a gunman know to start shooting the carrying audience member first out of a possible 15 0 20 in the audience.

I suspect this was a video with an agenda other than representing real life situations.

I'll see your staged agendized video and raise you one real life scenario caught on surveillance cameras showing a 71 year old guy saving lives by drawing his concealed weapon and firing it at armed robbers in a coffee shop.

http://abcnews.go.co...59#.UNJ6tramAZo

I am aware of racism in the past. I am talking about current history. People stuck on events in the past are part of the problem with the perpetuation of racism. Perceived and otherwise. I was actually stationed in Germany, back when there were two of them. I actually participated in an annual march, many miles with a rucksack, where we went to Belgium, France, and Luxembourg. Saw many of the locations of significant battles, monuments, graves, and piles of bones (inside one of the monuments). I did that with members of our German sister unit.

I too am talking about today. You get more than a half dozen white people together and eventually you will hear a racist joke or the "n" word. It's PLASTERED all over this site. I have worked at places that havent hired people because it would make the others nervous. I overheard the hiring manager say that to the "HR" lady at one place I worked. My Godfather is black (my dad and him served in Vietnam together), his wife is white. When I was young they would always take me with them and their kids on their annual trip to Dorney park. You would not believe the crap we would hear and the hostility when we were around some people. It is disgusting. People were MAD because a black man married a white woman and had kids. Some got even more mad because they thought I was her oldest son and "mom and I were stolen fom dad by a n*****"! Try listening to that while eating lunch in a highway exit diner. Quit making it sound like we are this great enlightened society free of racism because it just isnt. People around today have grandfathers and great uncles that used to "kill them darkies" so no, it sure has not been long enough to say we have freed ourselves of racism. Maybe not as bad as Alabama in 1962 but racism is very much alive and well.

I'll see your small world and raise you reality.

firearm-OECD-UN-data3.jpg

C'mon...everyone knows that guns don't cause violence....internet movies on youtube cause violence.

Remember?

This is not a gun issue. It is a mental health issue.

The world has been populated with a small percent of people with mental health issues since before civilization started. I don't want to pry anyone's gun from their cold, dead fingers. Responsible gun owners who hunt or target shoot are not the problem. Most people with mental health problems don't kill 20 first graders in a few minutes.

The problems in Sandy Hook was a mentally ill man who had free and easy ACCESS TO A WEAPON OF MASS DESTRUCTION....an semi automatic pistol with multiple clips. This needs to stop now.

To the person who claimed the Batman movie shooter could have been stopped by one movie goer who had a concealed carry.......

Seriously? A pitch black room with a movie playing with explosions and gunshots going off is the place to stand up and start firing? Some movie goers said they thought the shooting sounds were part of the movie. Mass chaos reigned until Holmes stepped outside. And you think one well-intentioned pistol bearer was going to see Holmes clearly through the visual clutter of a fast-paced action movie, in the dark, spot him through throngs of panicked people scrambling around and get a clear shot off before he could get some semi-automatic fire off at someone he saw raising a pistol? All the while Holmes had Swat gear covering him from head to toe?

Really?

So instead of getting a gun he makes a bomb, or drives a truck into a crowd. Attacking legal gun owners doesn't address the issue with criminals or mentally ill. You people are so stupid and obviously incapable of reasoned thought. You never move beyond the emotional, reflexive ideas. Work on it for Christi sake.

Oh, it's you, the angry name caller again. I'll wait until someone more mature and reasonable responds before I reply.

The truth hurts, don't it? Take an aspirin.

So does the armed officer in every school deter the bomb maker or malevolent driver.

Does the armed officer cover the entrance or the playground or phys ed classes.

What part of the bus line does he police.

A national mental health data base from the folks who oppose firearms data bases?

It's true that a ban on firearms in the United States would be as effective as Prohibition.

And it is true that greater regulation of firearms is only one part of the solution, but why can't it be part.

A commonsense limit to semiautomatic handguns and riles and limits to magazines along with national registration of all gun sales would be a start.

Did anyone do the math?

Can the NRA be talking about dedicated armed security officers in all 33,000 elementary and secondary schools.

At 50K a year that's over a trillion and a half a year.

Of course you want the teachers to carry weapons. I am not sure how many schools have two or three people with the right mindset to be armed, in the proper place and of the mindset to respond quickly enough to deter a determined intruder.

Did anyone do the math?

Can the NRA be talking about dedicated armed security officers in all 33,000 elementary and secondary schools.

At 50K a year that's over a trillion and a half a year.

Of course you want the teachers to carry weapons. I am not sure how many schools have two or three people with the right mindset to be armed, in the proper place and of the mindset to respond quickly enough to deter a determined intruder.

And Catholic schools.

Sister Mary Elephant (armed)

"class.....CLASS....SHUT UP!"

BANG!

So does the armed officer in every school deter the bomb maker or malevolent driver.

Does the armed officer cover the entrance or the playground or phys ed classes.

What part of the bus line does he police.

A national mental health data base from the folks who oppose firearms data bases?

It's true that a ban on firearms in the United States would be as effective as Prohibition.

And it is true that greater regulation of firearms is only one part of the solution, but why can't it be part.

A commonsense limit to semiautomatic handguns and riles and limits to magazines along with national registration of all gun sales would be a start.

And an armed retired cop (60 years or older) makes just one more target for a suicidal killer bent on his grisly mission. I can think of a multitude of ways one armed older man could be disabled in a fraction of a second. Is the NRA gonna put the guard in a bulletproof turret with 360 degree visual access to the whole school? How many people can a shooter kill firing 75 rounds per second before the armed guard responds?

And an armed retired cop (60 years or older) makes just one more target for a suicidal killer bent on his grisly mission.

I think it would be their first target.

You have no clue what the truth is. You have been lied to most of your life. You are just too ignorant to realize that.

I have forgotten more on the subject than you will ever know.

Archived