LA County Sheriff Says Gun Shops "Non-Essential"

M_Sable

So, is it just me, or does this not make sense?  We shouldn't over-react to the Corona Virus pandemic, but we should certainly be prepared if things go south and social upheaval results.

Opinions evolve over time, and as I get older I put more trust in self-sufficiency than in "the system". 

We live in a very rural county, so while the Sheriff's Department here is pretty darned good for a small department, they might be precious minutes away in the event of a "problem".

I certainly can imagine some of the meth-heads around here getting it in their heads to steal our $h1t because they checked their brains out some time ago.  We're not gonna be a victim of that.

Gun shops ARE essential.

Thoughts?

1 hour ago, ginger said:

If you aren't set up by now forgetabout it.

Thanks Ginger...well set up.  I'm just saying that the entire premise is faulty. Sometimes people don't plan ahead very well.

Just because they don't always have enough food or fuel to get them through a couple of months doesn't mean we should deem grocery stores or gas stations to be "non-essential".

Spring break or cruise ships? Non-essential.

I'm more worried about staying alive, keeping a roof over my head and my car on the road. if somebody wants to steal my stash of Marc Anthony Mousse or a very nice cloisonne  bowl...better stay away from my stash of cider mill donuts though. I might have to break out my handy dandy machete.  Off to work...Have a good night everyone.:)

...hunt the hare and turn her down the rocky road all the way to Dublin...

When a Public Servant stands there with a sidearm, surrounded by others carrying a gun, and tells me I should not be allowed to buy a gun because he will protect me, encourages me to buy two guns.

Sable, in the 7-11 scenario it would be safer if the thief simply became a Politician. More profitable too.

14 hours ago, JB 2 said:

When a Public Servant stands there with a sidearm, surrounded by others carrying a gun, and tells me I should not be allowed to buy a gun because he will protect me, encourages me to buy two guns.

Sable, in the 7-11 scenario it would be safer if the thief simply became a Politician. More profitable too.

True JB....then you can rob the public without penalty. 

Ya know why snakes don't bite politicians?

Professional courtesy.

23 hours ago, 92CorruptCourtStreet said:

If gun shops are not essential let me see your police dept patrol without your firearms on your side 

Once Police or any other Law Enforcement Officer is Allowed to do their Jobs, without fear of Persecution, then I will think about what Dems say about firearms.

It will probably still be on my mind on my deathbed.

Like Congress, I take my time making decisions

Unlike Congress, my decisions are not made by holding a moistened finger into the wind.

(17%, during a time of crisis. Be Proud Democrats)