Fireworks

ginger

What's with the fireworks? Earlier, they were setting them off in Syracuse. Half hour ago I went up to the store to fuel up and people were setting off some roman candle combo right in the middle of Chenango and Bevier. Sparks flying everywhere, traffic stopped. If I had the time I would have have told them the entirety of Theodore Roosevelt playground is behind you and the veterans memorial is across the street. The Mirabito was closed so I had to go to Speedway and was the sheriff parked in the entrance to Otsiningo park like he always is? No, of course not.

I can't even remember..are fireworks legal now? 

10 hours ago, ginger said:

What's with the fireworks? Earlier, they were setting them off in Syracuse. Half hour ago I went up to the store to fuel up and people were setting off some roman candle combo right in the middle of Chenango and Bevier. Sparks flying everywhere, traffic stopped. If I had the time I would have have told them the entirety of Theodore Roosevelt playground is behind you and the veterans memorial is across the street. The Mirabito was closed so I had to go to Speedway and was the sheriff parked in the entrance to Otsiningo park like he always is? No, of course not.

I'm going to go out on a limb and suspect this is a trick to get the public to escalate the situation.

Get someone to think it is a gunshot and have them pull their weapon and discharge it first. Then claim that the locals are racists and white supremacists who are trying to kill the peaceful protesters.

Like someone sticking their hand in their coat pocket and extending a finger to make it look like a gun, all while saying "I'm gonna kill you!". You shot them, the cops find no weapon, and you're toast.

I went back to Syracuse last night...m80's going off. 

I don't have any idea what the guy was thinking setting off that device in the middle of a busy intersection. He and his children looked so darn happy...now I'm glad I didn't make a scene.  :) 

13 hours ago, ginger said:

Yes they are, just like rioting and looting. But best you not get caught without a mask on a Philadelphia transit bus or the SWAT team will drag you out in shackles.

3 hours ago, 2pelo Honey said:

What time was that, Ginger?

Normal people don’t do shit like that, you’re right, probably trying to stir up more trouble.

They’re illegal to begin with, but to think you’re cool in an intersection like that? What  if someone hit one of his kids? 

Toup they do that in NYC,.Our neighbors do that here ON 4TH OF JULY at least on my street.  But no, not in the middle of a busy intersection at 10:30 at night. It wasn't busy busy but there was enough traffic. The Mirabito was shut down. I thought they were open until 11pm so I had to turn around to head to Speedway on Front which is when they set off their streaming roman candle.

My first thought was he was stirring up trouble but in replaying the scenario, he and his very young children seemed like they thought they were doing something nice that we should have appreciated. 

I'm not sure about Syracuse though...M80's going off in all directions..the police were all over the city.