WHO Releases New Covid Testing Guidelines

YankeeDoodle

Today the World Health Organization released new protocols regarding PCR detection of the coronavirus:

https://www.who.int/news/item/20-01-2021-who-information-notice-for-ivd-users-2020-05

What this means in layman's terms:

A PCR positive test no longer means you have Covid.

You are not Covid-positive now unless you get a second test to confirm it, and are presenting clinical symptoms.

And these new standards came out the same day that Joe Biden took office.

That seems that those tighter standards should cause the number of Covid-positive cases being reported throughout the nation to decrease.

IT'S A MIRACLE!

Thank you for your amazing leadership, President Joe.

Covid is now magically starting to go away, now that Orange Man is gone.

True. They were saying covid present at 30 ppm constituted a positive test. Other tests it's usually 50ppm. So, if you are testing once at 30-50...which is really small...the 2nd test to confirm...

I could swear I said all this when the vaccines came out. gggrrrr  :) 

Also...the vaccine itself may be eliciting positive tests at the 30-50 concentration...which is sending a bunch of nursing home employees home to quarantine even though they are asymptomatic. I ran into this scenario again last night, on the other side of the state.

I just read a post on the COVID-19 FB pg for BC from a man who's mother was coming down here next week for a test, from Syracuse, b/c their schedules were out to April.

I thought counties were limiting vaccines to actual residents?

(one of the stories about the Syr Expo Center mentioned only Onondaga and surrounding counties could go there.)

The possibility of getting overrun by NYC animals swarming upstate bothers me.

21 minutes ago, 2pelo Honey said:

I just read a post on the COVID-19 FB pg for BC from a man who's mother was coming down here next week for a test, from Syracuse, b/c their schedules were out to April.

I thought counties were limiting vaccines to actual residents?

(one of the stories about the Syr Expo Center mentioned only Onondaga and surrounding counties could go there.)

The possibility of getting overrun by NYC animals swarming upstate bothers me.