Another stupid cowardly decision

Common Sense

It's been a year, people. A YEAR of not doing anything we want to do because they scared us with a virus that's no worse than a bad flu for anyone who actually develops symptoms.
We've had more than a year of this lockdown life-paralyzing nonsense. And yet, we still apparently inhabit a region run by ill-informed cowards.
The Marathon Maple Festival is off for another year. They're doing a drive-by version. You have to stay in your cars and keep your masks on. How fun!
Keep letting the government order us around and they'll never stop. A largely OUTDOOR event a year into a phony pandemic and they cancel it again.
Maybe the same people who run the Owego Strawberry Festival run this one.
When is anyone around here going to have the courage to be the first to say ENOUGH?

I totally agree with you CS.  The important thing for people to remember is that no one is forcing you to go to the Maple Festival.  If you are afraid to go, then don't go.

IF they had a regular festival, don't go if you are afraid.

Do people realize that just driving to the Festival is a risk.  You assume that rick when you drive there.  If you are afraid of being killed or injured going to the Festival then don't go.

I agree with all the above.  And by the way, didn't Texas open completely and everyone was angry that they did?  So how's the COVID rate there now?  They aren't even in the top five states with high COVID rates.  And we can't have festivals why???

20 hours ago, Responsible_Adult_Female said:

I agree with all the above.  And by the way, didn't Texas open completely and everyone was angry that they did?  So how's the COVID rate there now?  They aren't even in the top five states with high COVID rates.  And we can't have festivals why???

WHY? Everyone knows Why.

By not allowing people to associate with others it prevents Americans from learning they are not alone in their grievances, and how to rectify the situation. With social media unavailable without censorship who in their right mind would put in writing some of the Major Concerns? 

Festivals, restaurants, bars, and so forth are places where human to human conversations take place, even among strangers. Divide the people, then prevent those opposing Agenda of Leftists anti-American take-over from easy communication.

With critical race bull shit now being propagandized to West Point Cadets, the Harris comment in a speech shortly before faux election kinda takes on new meaning to some. Others actually Listen and Think about the words said. You might even ask Why they are said. Then start remembering other little "unrelated" things.

As for masks, i have been using one of these three ways to counter them, depending on your level of comfort.

Do not wear mask when going into store. If asked to put on mask simply smile and say "really"? 

When told to wear mask say you left it at home. they might not offer you one, but do not fall for them saying they will sell you one, they will cave.

Carry a dog muzzle with you and keep a mask with it. When asked to wear mask take both out, and always with a smile and look of contempt, ask yourself aloud which one should you put on.

There are many other creative way to ridicule or show your real feelings on masks, the above seem to work for me most often.

Other methods could /can be more aggressive. Passive resistance, just leave, wait for police to be called, (over Rochester way Police are not allowed to stop criminals, seemingly only violating covvid Restrictions are criminal acts)

Sure it ain't much, but we have lost so many Constitutional Rights bit by bit so lets get a few bit going.

OH, BTW, want to share an amusing observation.

Few nights ago one of the Propaganda News stations talking about white supremacists in the military showed a photo of a barracks wall with swatisca and such. That photo was taken years ago when Clinton helped set the stage for what is going on

Ya don't teach a child to be afraid, you teach how to control the fear and act.

Last week in the Rochester area I walked into a store and the clerk says to me, "I'm thinking you're a liberal." because I was wearing a mask.  I'm "this" close to pulling a Rosalie Aprile on her but had no time. 

On 4/10/2021 at 10:56 AM, ginger said:

Last week in the Rochester area I walked into a store and the clerk says to me, "I'm thinking you're a liberal." because I was wearing a mask.  I'm "this" close to pulling a Rosalie Aprile on her but had no time. 

Not nice to pick on those still wearing mask if they believe it is needed. Just please stop telling me what i must do.

The Three Constitutional Amendments Necessary to the well being of all citizens of the USA; The 1st, The 10th, The 2nd. In that order. All of them are nearly debased. Who do we kneel to when all three are gone?

4 hours ago, JB 2 said:

Not nice to pick on those still wearing mask if they believe it is needed. Just please stop telling me what i must do.

The Three Constitutional Amendments Necessary to the well being of all citizens of the USA; The 1st, The 10th, The 2nd. In that order. All of them are nearly debased. Who do we kneel to when all three are gone?

I'm not telling anybody what to do...I don't care anymore and the longer I wake up in pain everyday, expect me to not care about a lot of things. But geez was she bold!