Who is running for school board?

ginger

2 hours ago, PeteMoss said:

So what happened in Binghamton?

I can't find any results.

I'd like to know that myself. What's the hold up? My polling site had at least 6 or 7 workers, it shouldn't have taken too long to count the ballots, it's a school board election.

There was a couple ahead of me...older people. They were told they were at the wrong polling site and had to go across town to the southside. Must be people came out of the woodwork for this election if you don't know where your polling site is. I brought my yellow card to make sure there were no mistakes.

BTW, a 5 million dollar increase in the school budget is excessive. People lost their jobs last year. I can't imagine what they were thinking.

3 hours ago, Binghamton Native said:

Penna, Kollar and Montalvo won.

So one of the Citizen Action/PLOT candidates (Montalvo) won.

That right? I wonder how that happened.Does that line up make sense to anyone?  And what was the delay on the results? 

Penna:  1,075

Montalvo (Citizen Action/PLOT): 862

Kollar: 817

Callahan: 744

Pratt: 614

Hopkins (Citizen Action/PLOT): 577

Tauterouff (Citizen Action/PLOT):  517

What's telling to me is how poorly the other two CA/PLOT candidates did.  It wasn't even close.  My guess is Montalvo didn't just rely on CA/PLOT and did her own campaigning outside the organized CA/PLOT effort.  This is very encouraging news to me.  Al Penna won't take any shit from the liberals. 

It's also encouraging to me as I look at other districts, I see some folks I know to be conservatives won seats.