It Is Now Irreversible--The Split Is Inevitable

Concerned Resident

Lol it's 6am, John. You posted this at 3am and I've no idea what happened. Omg , where's my coffee.

I spent most of yesterday afternoon doing medical stuff and I have to go back today for more tests. My car accident was 2 weeks ago and I still have these huge contusions in my chest. The pain is just exquisite.

If I never said this here, it bears saying again..please get some kind of cushioning for your seatbelts.

Lecture over.. guess I'll go try to figure out what happened. See you all later, have a good morning. 🙂

Ok now that I've read the bad news...

I agree, we can't continue on the current trajectory the democrats gave laid out for us. In the end, they'll have us all eating chefboyardee. 

Just looking at Twitter comments on Hochuls maybe win..apparently Suffolk County hasn't reported...

People have concerns for crime and physical safety but I predict this...

If the election is certified for Hochul, unscrupulous businesses will see this as a mandate to break the rules. Working people will suffer.

I just saw the numbers for the Chuck Schumer/ Joe Pinion race. 56% and 43%

Pretty impressive for an unknown who spent less than a million dollars.

Joe Pinion is clearly one of the brightest politicians to grace the state of NY in a long time. Colgate graduate. I wasn't surprised so many upstate districts came out for him. I hope he keeps in touch with us.

19 hours ago, DanCooper said:

The voters of NYC, Buffalo, Rochester, Albany, and Syracuse voted for abuse of emergency powers, mask and vaccine mandates, pay-2-play corruption, cashless bail, expensive gas, higher taxes, and unlimited abortions. This is what the people want, so this is what the people get.

An accurate assessment, sadly.

On 11/9/2022 at 7:15 PM, ginger said:

...Joe Pinion is clearly one of the brightest politicians to grace the state of NY in a long time....

He may be brilliant but he's a failure at running a campaign. You can build the best mouse trap in the world but no one is going to buy it if they don't know it exists. Maybe he was doing more campaigning in other districts but around here I don't think anyone ever heard of him. Chuckie was so confident of a win he was donating some of his campaign war chest $ to other D's.

On 11/11/2022 at 1:39 PM, DanCooper said:

The voters of NYC, Buffalo, Rochester, Albany, and Syracuse voted for abuse of emergency powers, mask and vaccine mandates, pay-2-play corruption, cashless bail, expensive gas, higher taxes, and unlimited abortions. This is what the people want, so this is what the people get.

Makes me wonder just how high taxes, crime, cost of living, etc. have to go before people start paying attention. Hard to believe people would be willing to accept even more hardship, but I guess it's so. Either that or it really is all rigged. You decide.

On 11/11/2022 at 3:00 PM, WyattEarp62 said:

Never ceases to amaze me just how stupid people can be!!

Like I've always said - in order to get people to vote stupid, you need to make them stupid. Ever see those on campus interviews of college students being asked some pretty basic questions (math, history, geography,  etc.) and they have absolutely no clue? And for that lack of education they will graduate with $10's of thousands of debt.  It's pretty funny to watch until you realize the reality of it all. Rest assured though, our university will be handing out flip flops on weekends so the ladies don't sprain their ankles walking in high heels while in a drunken stupor.

^^^ I wonder if those college students know the Chancellor of SUNY gets a $9,000.00 a month housing allowance.

But that's not why I'm here right now.

Does anyone know the name of the organization dedicated to upstate issues and or splitting the state?

I think it starts with a P

There's an entire thread of people on Twitter right now looking for something like this or looking to start something like this. Not necessarily to split the state...looking to advance Take Back NY initiatives.