air quality ALERT

thomas

• thomas changed the title to air quality ALERT

Canadian wildfire smoke live updates: East Coast skies engulfed in dangerous haze

Another large and dense plume of smoke will be moving down across parts of the Northeast on Wednesday, according to forecasters.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/canadian-wildfire-smoke-live-updates-east-coast-skies-engulfed-in-dangerous-haze/ar-AA1cdwLt?li=BBnb7Kz

15 hours ago, DanCooper said:

Can the Governess order Windsor to rotate their windmills and blow the pollution back to Canada?

🙂 lol....the windmills off I90 west might have helped but the turbines are burned out from wind shear. The engineers told Cuomo to do a study first, but no he just installed them anyway.

And, Kathy Hochul is looking to dump 3 million plus pounds of expired covid supplies. But, but gas stoves....

I haven't been outdoors but I had my patio door open yesterday and fan in the window. I didn't notice anything.

• 3 weeks later...

sHIJvT6.jpg

Air quality levels in outdoor air are predicted to be greater than an air quality index value of 100 for Fine Particulates.

* Smoke from Canada's raging wildfires is expected to blanket New York State on Wednesday, raising unhealthy air quality levels – again.

A cold front entering Western New York from the Upper Midwest early Wednesday morning is projected to bring near-surface smoke statewide, New York officials said.

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/2023/06/27/canadian-wildfires-expected-to-cover-rochester-ny-new-york-state-wednesday/70360224007/

The height of Canada wildfire season is usually July.

Well. On twitter, my people out in western NY are stating it doesn't smell like wood burning, like a few weeks ago. They are stating it smells like sulfur. One guy had some gadget that showed high levels of sulfur dioxide...but he was in Cincinnati. A few other people out Chicago way are stating it smells like plastic. And another says, where are the pictures of the fire? Furthermore, not to sound like a conspiracy nut, just an FYI...I retweeted this 3 days ago. I'd love to know why the Department of Justice is flying around the state in circles during thunder and lightning storms.

It gives one pause when you know there is a nuclear power plant less than 20 miles from where they are flying. 

• 3 weeks later...

kYEGEWd.jpg

The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation at Albany has issued a Air Quality Health Advisory for Fine Particulates . Air quality levels in outdoor air are predicted to be greater than an air quality index value of 100 for Fine Particulates. Canada wildfires.