Vestal Police Officer Steven Will tries to muscle John Solak & stop him from reporting

Vestalite

John knows his rights.  Officer Will was abusing his authority.  John was well within his rights as a citizen and as a journalist. 

Law enforcement can ask a reporter to step back to a safe distance at a fire or as they are responding to an incident, but not to shield an elected official from questioning.  In this video, Officer Will abuses the authority of his badge and acts as private security for Stephen Donnelly.  This is a major conflict and issue for Vestal and the Vestal PD. 

4 hours ago, Binghamton Native said:

John knows his rights.  Officer Will was abusing his authority.  John was well within his rights as a citizen and as a journalist. 

Law enforcement can ask a reporter to step back to a safe distance at a fire or as they are responding to an incident, but not to shield an elected official from questioning.  In this video, Officer Will abuses the authority of his badge and acts as private security for Stephen Donnelly.  This is a major conflict and issue for Vestal and the Vestal PD. 

Strong analysis. Political figures can refuse to answer questions,  but that does not allow police to prevent questions from being asked.

13 hours ago, Binghamton Native said:

In this video, Officer Will abuses the authority of his badge and acts as private security for Stephen Donnelly.

It’s disgusting between Jon Schaffer and Steve Will shielding Stephen Donnelly as if he’s the president of the United States.
Donnelly is being sued out of Tioga county by a local business called Home Central and Don Gowan, Donnelly is being sued by the Osbornes and the Direnzos in Broome county court, as well as the criminal charges he was issued from the endicott school scuffle according to multiple news outlets and has been behind on his property taxes according to Allen tunnel but somehow gets police protection

https://taxlookup.net/tax/record.aspx?jurisdiction=vestalschl&id=3368&year=2023&county=broome

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good morning. You know. a lot of people have a love/hate relationship with Solak. In the spirit of Tony Massar, I'm posting this" for your edification". Some of you may or may not know...The city of NY recently had to shut down several police stations that were set up and run by CHINA! Apparently they were shaking down the Asian community.

Immigration hubs do not have EMBASSY status. Furthermore, as Mr Solak has pointed out a million times...there is no expectation of privacy on a public street. What I see in this video is insidious and frightening. We all know main street media has lost it's mind and we depend on independent reporters to tell us what's really going on.

People! This is why we have an immigration process and citizenship classes. Do you want gangs from other countries stepping on your freedom? 

This isn't about privilege. It's about your God Given CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS. 

One more thing...I'm very pleased to see Officer Wasso complied with the request to identify himself. It shows these foreigners the police work for us. We don't work for them. Impressive professionalism. Knows the constitution.

post edit..and another great point...You democrats better quit with the "illegals should be able to vote BS. That is unless you want foreigners telling YOU where you can and can't go....where you can and can't live, go to school, work? 

4 hours ago, ginger said:

One more thing...I'm very pleased to see Officer Wasso complied with the request to identify himself. It shows these foreigners the police work for us. We don't work for them. Impressive professionalism. Knows the constitution.

post edit..and another great point...You democrats better quit with the "illegals should be able to vote BS. That is unless you want foreigners telling YOU where you can and can't go....where you can and can't live, go to school, work? 

Good points.

Heard a lot over the years about Christians “imposing” their beliefs on others, but haven’t experienced or really seen much of that.

What I do see is fanatic Earth worshippers and woke weirdo woman impersonators incessantly telling everyone else what to do, what to think and what to say.

5 hours ago, Solak Supporter said:

Good points.

Heard a lot over the years about Christians “imposing” their beliefs on others, but haven’t experienced or really seen much of that.

What I do see is fanatic Earth worshippers and woke weirdo woman impersonators incessantly telling everyone else what to do, what to think and what to say.

lol, I have somebody on my twitter that keeps harping about "fundamentalists". He's from the midwest somewhere. I don't think I've ever met one but he acts like they're EVERYWHERE....so bizarre.

17 hours ago, ginger said:

lol, I have somebody on my twitter that keeps harping about "fundamentalists". He's from the midwest somewhere. I don't think I've ever met one but he acts like they're EVERYWHERE....so bizarre.

Your comment has nothing to do with the topic of this thread 

1 hour ago, Solak Supporter said:

Solak would support the sentiment expressed in the comment, even if it is off topic.

Regarding the thread topic, Solak needs support in his citizen-journalist endeavors. I support such endeavors.

How would you know what Solak would support, are you John?