What Percentage of Americans Smoke Marijuana?

thomas

I don't know if it's marijuana or something else but it seems like there's an awful lot of people who act like they don't know what's going on. Slow, muddled thinking/ speaking, flat affect...lack of focus. It's eerie. 

3 hours ago, ginger said:

I don't know if it's marijuana or something else but it seems like there's an awful lot of people who act like they don't know what's going on. Slow, muddled thinking/ speaking, flat affect...lack of focus. It's eerie. 

There are some psychoactive side affects to high potentcy mj consumption. Illicit mj is frequently tainted with chemicals that induces unhealthy bizarre behavior. State legal mj is tested, regulated, taxed and safe. They are labeled so as to identify the amount of thc within the product. Legal products have varied levels of thc for the consumer. Too much of anything is not good, legal or not.

Question : In your nursing home experience are you aware of any medical mj patients as residents? If so, has their cannabis prescription aided their well being? thc and cbd can be consumed as edibles or a tincture added to beverages.

2 hours ago, thomas said:

There are some psychoactive side affects to high potentcy mj consumption. Illicit mj is frequently tainted with chemicals that induces unhealthy bizarre behavior. State legal mj is tested, regulated, taxed and safe. They are labeled so as to identify the amount of thc within the product. Legal products have varied levels of thc for the consumer. Too much of anything is not good, legal or not.

Question : In your nursing home experience are you aware of any medical mj patients as residents? If so, has their cannabis prescription aided their well being? thc and cbd can be consumed as edibles or a tincture added to beverages.

Lol, I haven't worked in nursing in years. In my business, yes. Seniors were getting marijuana in different forms.

I might also add, when my dad was dying in 1991 he could have had marijuana pills as an appetite stimulant if he could keep them down. Unfortunately, things went south very quickly so that didn't happen. 

It's always been the hardest thing for me to see people NOT eat. Especially my own parents, when food and cooking, meals together were such a huge part of our lives.

20 hours ago, ginger said:

Idiocracy the movie predicted all of this. Even crocs. 

18 hours ago, thomas said:

Recent study linked MJ use in young folks to schizophrenia. Why is gambling and weed legal in NY? 

This is a new topic within a local nursing home complex - how to address people that want to use.  I say, if they're at the end stage of life, let them use.

I use CBD lotion for a bad knee - best stuff I've ever used, even better than the cream from the chiropractor.

Weed has different effects on people - I think it is the worst thing for young people - it interferes with brain development.  That being said, alcohol can do the same thing.  If used responsibly, I actually prefer weed over booze.  Responsibility is the key, and we don't have much of that in this area.