Binghamton Parade Day 2024

SaberLand

Unfortunately the day has come.  Tomorrow is Binghamton Parade Day, in the name of Irish heritage laws are ignored and police look the other way.  People drink themselves into unconsciousness and we are all in danger when the drunks get on the road.   I'll never forget a few years ago, I was at the after party at Seton Catholic Central, and a middle aged woman was so drunk she collapsed in the middle of the gym.  This was probably 2pm.  Let's all hope there are no major injuries or accidents tomorrow. 

11 hours ago, 2pelo Honey said:

Stay in Endicott if you don’t like it.

You don't seem to understand.... Binghamton's inability to control the parade has serious consequences on everyone else within a 30 mile radius, and those traveling through Broome County.  "Stay in Endicott" doesn't work, when there's thousands of highly intoxicated individuals all over Broome County today, not just Binghamton.  

I have gone to parade day celebrations in the past yearly. Since I have had kids, we do not go anywhere on parade day. It's not worth the kids being in the car and a tragedy occurring because of all the drinking and driving that happens. I've seen the worst of it all first hand when I lived in a loft on Court Street. 

On Parade Day some of the worst offenders are police and firemen.  There was a kid a few years ago, crashed his car in front of Relief Pitcher, he was a new Binghamton police recruit at the time.  He got away with it because his father was politically connected.